Bidens energy policy is budget breaking.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20230805_084221.jpg

I do this 3 days a week.
My electric & gas at home have jumped dramatically to.

Price increases traditionally coincide with limited supply. Problem is we have enough oil to serve our needs for hundreds of years but government policy is so overbearing that getting it to consumers costs more and more. Too many regulations. Too many restrictions.

Reminds me of many of the absurd OSHA regulations I had to follow on government projects. Yes we need safety rules but the boot on the neck is unnecessary

View attachment 811559
I do this 3 days a week.

Price increases traditionally coincide with limited supply. Problem is we have enough oil to serve our needs for hundreds of years but government policy is so overbearing that getting it to consumers costs more and more. Too many regulations. Too many restrictions.

Reminds me of many of the absurd OSHA regulations I had to follow on government projects. Yes we need safety rules but the boot on the neck is unnecessary
You love the free market until you hate the free market.

• Banned
The US is pumping more oil than during Trump, but you want to play stupid and claim that we are not....Derpa..
It is OPEC which yet again has reduced output to keep prices high, but, please do tell us how Brandon is ruining your driving pleasure.
We have our own oil, we don't need it from the global market. When are we going to wise up?
Where's our strategic oil reserves?

We have our own oil, we don't need it from the global market. When are we going to wise up?
The market is the market for the world and we are the leaders and the base currency of the market....You can have all the oil but the market will set the price. This is why the US set an energy policy in 2005 to get away from oil only and the effects on the world market with other forms of energy production and different sources of propulsion for vehicles....

OK ya oil genius.
Explain why the US has always purchased oil from the global market, under ALL presidents, including trump.......... Go....>>>>

Hell, I wish gasoline was 30-40 cents a gallon like when I started driving, and a pack of Marlboro was forty cents, I made five bucks and hour back then as a commercial mason labor.

View attachment 811559
I do this 3 days a week.

Honda once submitted an engine to the nazi’s at the California EPA that was so clean that it registered 0 on the test equipment

The libs refused to certify it claiming the exact pollution output wad unknown

Leftist Ivy Leaguers pulling 200K+ a year who are either dug into .gov (state and fed) like a fuckin' tick, or forming dem policy in leftist think tanks don't care.

Do you think the likes of elitists like John Kerry gives two shits about you then you have another think coming to ya.

If they ever have a "purge" it should start at the gates of Ivy League institutions....Nits become lice.

From the article below, chemistry plays a big part.
You should have already KNOWN this fact.

You see, the U.S. does produce enough oil to meet its own needs, but it is the wrong type of oil.

Crude is graded according to two main metrics, weight and sweetness. The weight of oil defines how easy it is to refine, or break down into its usable component parts, such as gasoline, jet fuel and diesel. Light crude is the easiest to handle, heavy is the most difficult, with intermediate obviously somewhere in between. The sweetness refers to the sulfur content of unrefined oil. The sweeter it is, the less sulfur it contains.

Most of the oil produced in the U.S. fields in Texas, Oklahoma, and elsewhere is light and sweet, compared to what comes from the Middle East and Russia. The problem is that for many years, imported oil met most of the U.S.’s energy needs, so a large percentage of the refining capacity here is geared towards dealing with oil that is heavier and less sweet than the kind produced here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then WHY are you blaming it on Biden.
His policies have made things worse. Yall constantly trying to ban shit and heavy handed regulations.
Take California's dumb decision to ban the combustion engine by 2030 something. Their energy grid already struggles to keep up with rolling blackouts and mandated usage times. Put millions of electrical cars on it all at once overnight and boom, no one has power. We are not ready for this green energy push the left are obsessed with. Much of our infrastructure is crumbling but rather that put money into it on a national scale we're sending our money overseas and paying untold billions to house and care for illegals and their needs.
Our priorities are WACK.

Imagine your spouses response if she sent you to the store to buy the things you must have to survive and you spent it all on drugs or gambling or gave it away. THAT is exactly what we're doing as a nation.

From the article below, chemistry plays a big part.
You should have already KNOWN this fact.

You see, the U.S. does produce enough oil to meet its own needs, but it is the wrong type of oil.

Crude is graded according to two main metrics, weight and sweetness. The weight of oil defines how easy it is to refine, or break down into its usable component parts, such as gasoline, jet fuel and diesel. Light crude is the easiest to handle, heavy is the most difficult, with intermediate obviously somewhere in between. The sweetness refers to the sulfur content of unrefined oil. The sweeter it is, the less sulfur it contains.

Most of the oil produced in the U.S. fields in Texas, Oklahoma, and elsewhere is light and sweet, compared to what comes from the Middle East and Russia. The problem is that for many years, imported oil met most of the U.S.’s energy needs, so a large percentage of the refining capacity here is geared towards dealing with oil that is heavier and less sweet than the kind produced here.

Excuses

Cars can run on water. Cars can run on ethanol.
Cars can run on kitchen grease.
Cars can run on electricity.

But you believe we can't refine our own oil to meet our own needs...

Stop drinking the kool-aid

Forum List

Back