Big correction! The assessment was not approved by all 17 agencies Only 4

Here's Hillary using the 17 agency bullshit lie.

During an interview Wednesday with the tech news outlet Recode, former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton discussed at length her belief that Russian interference in the 2016 election harmed her chances of winning.

“Read the declassified report by the intelligence community that came out in early January,” said Clinton. “Seventeen agencies, all in agreement – which I know from my experience as a senator and secretary of state is hard to get – they concluded with ‘high confidence’ that the Russians ran an extensive information war against my campaign to influence voters in the election.”

Verdict: False

While the intelligence report she mentions does express ‘high confidence’ that Russia sought to undermine her campaign, it only represents the views of three agencies – the FBI, CIA and NSA. Clinton incorrectly claims this report shows consensus among 17 intelligence agencies.

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper himself appeared in front of Congress and explicitly pushed back on the idea that “17 intelligence agencies agreed,” stating flatly that it was just three.

FACT CHECK: Did 17 Intel Agencies ‘All Agree’ Russia Influenced The Presidential Election?

She was correct. All agencies agreed with Clapper's assessment.

Wrong again fauxcahunches, only the ones that put the report commented on it, the others remained silent.

Last edited:
Here's his testimony and it changes from January.

Franken: The intelligence communities have concluded, all 17 of them, that Russia interfered with this election. And we all know how that’s right.

Clapper: Senator, as I pointed out in my statement, Senator Franken, it was- there were only three agencies that directly involved in this assessment plus my office.

Franken: But all 17 signed on to that?

Clapper: Well, we didn’t go through that process. This was a special situation because of the time limits and […] the sensitivity of the information, we decided – it was a conscious judgment – to restrict it to those three. I’m not aware of anyone who dissented, or disagreed when it came out.

Down to freaking 3.

FACT CHECK: Did 17 Intel Agencies ‘All Agree’ Russia Influenced The Presidential Election?

Listen to him... the FBI, CIA, NSA, and himself. He was the head of the DNI. That's FOUR.

The director of national intelligence does not do the actual analysis of intel, they do coordination between all the agencies.

17 agencies signed off on data from 4 agencies that collected the information. This seems to be how they got to that, however 4 agencies is still 4 full fledged agencies. I'm not sure the point of this thread?

No they didn't, they expressed no opinion one way or the other.

Quietly oh so quietly the New York Times issued a mega correction to the claim that all 17 agencies agreed it was the Russians.

You know the one. The one all the freaking liberal left wing whackos have been quoting all these months.

:lol:

Correction: June 29, 2017
A White House Memo article on Monday about President Trump’s deflections and denials about Russia referred incorrectly to the source of an intelligence assessment that said Russia orchestrated hacking attacks during last year’s presidential election.

The assessment was made by four intelligence agencies — the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency. The assessment was not approved by all 17 organizations in the American intelligence community.

Trump’s Deflections and Denials on Russia Frustrate Even His Allies

Funny. This has been known since early May. Clapper spelled it all out very clearly. Anyway, the four top intelligence agencies are good enough for me.

Well they actually didn't assess jack shit. They never examined the DNC server and instead took the word of a DNC employee.
Oh yeah, start a whole international incident and fire up multiple investigations because a DNC employee claimed the Russians hacked the server. With no evidence.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Funny. Since the DNC server is "private" property that they didn't want Republicans snooping through - they had a third party computer firm (Crowdstrike) examine the server and report only the "hacking" information to the FBI. Google it...

Report: FBI had private company examine DNC's hacked servers

Did you read what you cited, Lakhota? None of the 17 agencies examined the DNC server. NONE!!! The FBI took the word of a third party firm hired by the DNC as to what happened...something that is highly unusual.

Franken: The intelligence communities have concluded, all 17 of them, that Russia interfered with this election. And we all know how that’s right.

Clapper: Senator, as I pointed out in my statement, Senator Franken, it was- there were only three agencies that directly involved in this assessment plus my office.

Clapper: Well, we didn’t go through that process. This was a special situation because of the time limits and […] the sensitivity of the information, we decided – it was a conscious judgment – to restrict it to those three. I’m not aware of anyone who dissented, or disagreed when it came out.

Down to freaking 3.

Listen to him... the FBI, CIA, NSA, and himself. He was the head of the DNI. That's FOUR.

The director of national intelligence does not do the actual analysis of intel, they do coordination between all the agencies.

Yes he does and coordinates it's collection and analysis. That's what the fuck a leader does...

Down to freaking 3.

What I don't get at all is why on earth would any of the intelligence agencies rely on a DNC employees assessment to begin with. CrowdStrike is a Democrat organization employed by the DNC.

Quietly oh so quietly the New York Times issued a mega correction to the claim that all 17 agencies agreed it was the Russians.

You know the one. The one all the freaking liberal left wing whackos have been quoting all these months.

:lol:

Correction: June 29, 2017
A White House Memo article on Monday about President Trump’s deflections and denials about Russia referred incorrectly to the source of an intelligence assessment that said Russia orchestrated hacking attacks during last year’s presidential election.

The assessment was made by four intelligence agencies — the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency. The assessment was not approved by all 17 organizations in the American intelligence community.

Trump’s Deflections and Denials on Russia Frustrate Even His Allies

Funny. This has been known since early May. Clapper spelled it all out very clearly. Anyway, the four top intelligence agencies are good enough for me.

Well they actually didn't assess jack shit. They never examined the DNC server and instead took the word of a DNC employee.
Oh yeah, start a whole international incident and fire up multiple investigations because a DNC employee claimed the Russians hacked the server. With no evidence.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Funny. Since the DNC server is "private" property that they didn't want Republicans snooping through - they had a third party computer firm (Crowdstrike) examine the server and report only the "hacking" information to the FBI. Google it...

Report: FBI had private company examine DNC's hacked servers

Did you read what you cited, Lakhota? None of the 17 agencies examined the DNC server. NONE!!! The FBI took the word of a third party firm hired by the DNC as to what happened...something that is highly unusual.

Obviously you are poorly informed.

The FBI Never Asked For Access To Hacked Computer Servers

It's all BS anyway, there is not one shred of evidence that influenced the outcome, nada, nothing and never will be. She lost because she SUCKS!!

The emails are true, the DNC committed the real crime in regards to Sanders and nothing is done about it?

The day she is buried her eulogy will be about how the Russians screwed her out of being the 1st female POTUS...

Down to freaking 3.

What I don't get at all is why on earth would any of the intelligence agencies rely on a DNC employees assessment to begin with. CrowdStrike is a Democrat organization employed by the DNC.

NSA had independent evidence. Remember they record everything. All they needed was the ISP of the DNC servers.

The NSA does not record everything, just pointing that out. They record a great deal of it, but not everything also they would need more then an isp I wouldn't be surprised if they would go to the physical servers.

Let's see if we have this straight. The report doesn't straight out say that 17 agencies agreed, but we're supposed to take as Gospel that they do. Trump doesn't straight out say that a recording exists of a meeting and that's a heinous lie straight out of hell?

17 agencies signed off on data from 4 agencies that collected the information. This seems to be how they got to that, however 4 agencies is still 4 full fledged agencies. I'm not sure the point of this thread?

It's just a shiny object they can't resist. They think it proves something.

Clapper was the head of the DNI and said that he represented all the other agencies under him, and all of the heads of those agencies agreed with his assessment.

And obviously he lied. Only 4 agreed.

No, only 4 actively took part in the intelligence gathering process. You have your stuff backwards. He represents 14 total agencies, and he spoke with the leaders of the other agencies and shared the intelligence with them, and they all agreed Russia hacked the election.

Thank you. Another NaziCon shiny object debunked.

Might be if he weren't WRONG.

Lakhota, do you realize that YOU are one of the last people pushing this phony-baloney Russia narrative, lol? I know that people choose the hill they want to die on, (politically speaking) so we would like to know politically; where to send flowers to your political wake-)

Forum List

Back