Big protests in Arizona

whistle's ability to express herself clearly is diminishing.

Every poster here has said that the feds have to do something. Obama has said the feds have to act.

Those who understand constitutional American government know that AZ has acted unconstitutionally and will be slapped back into place.

Accountability for this problem is that of Congress, and each of us should base our votes this fall on what our national legislators have done or failed to do about immigration reform and border security.

That old worn out excuse is not really flying anymore.

The Immigration issue was a problem long before Obama and the Dems decided to rig health care to suit them.

It's not like he just woke up last week and discovered that we have porous borders, murders by drug-runners, and money is being lost left and right due the flood of illegals into this country.

Nope.....the illegal immigration problem serves them well so they are less inclined to deal with it then say.....going after "Fat-Cat" bankers.

I agree, but I don't think he should be embarrassed by the fact that the borders are porous. He didn't cause the problem. The fact that you and others believe that it should be priority #1 (something that I am not convinced of, but then I don't live in Arizona either and have not suffered the crime issue that they have mentioned) does not mean that I think it should be. I think the National Debt is much more important than hunting down poor immigrant workers who come to this country illegally. I think the tax structure of this country is more important than the hunting down of illegals as well, and corruption in Washington, Abortion, the wars in the Middle East, yes, even the health care crisis although I don't agree with the solution he and his cohorts came up with.

Illegal immigration is not my top priority in this country today. Partly because I believe "we" as citizens of the U.S.A. encourage and want those illegals here. I don't believe they would be here if we didn't pay them to come here, and I use the term pay quite loosely.

Immie

National Debt is simple....quit spending so much. What did they do? Spend even more. How's that for their solution?

The illegal immigrant problem is ruining our health care industry. So what do the Dems do? They take it over.

They like things the way they are. Face it.

The National Debt is not that simple because the people who control the purse strings are not smart enough to figure out that credit has its limits even the credit of the U.S. Government.

Immie

Explain to ME why he is utterly unembarrassed - as any rational person would be - that states are being forced to pass laws to do the job HE should be doing and isn't.

I'd agree with you except that I have to say he has only been in office for about 15 months it isn't like this problem has only been a problem under his watch and the solution is not something that will come about as quickly as say the total salvation (I'm puking while typing that) of our Health Care System. He's not to blame for the current situation. Yes, I think he should be working on a solution, but I don't think he is to blame for it.

Immie

I don't see that "not to blame" applies here. It's his job NOW, and if he managed to ram healthcare down our throats in 15 months, he certainly had enough time to at least PROPOSE something to help the illegal immigration problem. But oh no, enforcing our borders wasn't the priority taking over the healthcare system was, was it? As the current office holder and representative of the federal government, he should be ashamed, not superciliously criticizing Arizona for deciding to protect itself when he won't. Oh, and let us not forget that while he couldn't be bothered to address the problem of illegal immigration, he's certainly RIGHT on the spot to address the problem of obstructing Arizona's attempt to do his job for him.

Cecilie1200 is correct, of course, that something needs to be done. Now that health care reform is fact and that BHO can kick the opposition in the nuts with impunity, I suggest he move forward on immigration. Force the Republican Party to either work for him or be weak on this issue going into the fall elections. Now is the time to get this done!

Explain to ME why he is utterly unembarrassed - as any rational person would be - that states are being forced to pass laws to do the job HE should be doing and isn't.

I'd agree with you except that I have to say he has only been in office for about 15 months it isn't like this problem has only been a problem under his watch and the solution is not something that will come about as quickly as say the total salvation (I'm puking while typing that) of our Health Care System. He's not to blame for the current situation. Yes, I think he should be working on a solution, but I don't think he is to blame for it.

Immie

I don't see that "not to blame" applies here. It's his job NOW, and if he managed to ram healthcare down our throats in 15 months, he certainly had enough time to at least PROPOSE something to help the illegal immigration problem. But oh no, enforcing our borders wasn't the priority taking over the healthcare system was, was it? As the current office holder and representative of the federal government, he should be ashamed, not superciliously criticizing Arizona for deciding to protect itself when he won't. Oh, and let us not forget that while he couldn't be bothered to address the problem of illegal immigration, he's certainly RIGHT on the spot to address the problem of obstructing Arizona's attempt to do his job for him.

I agree with almost everything you say.

The one area I disagree with is in the part that he should be embarrassed about the issue. He didn't cause the problem. Sure, he should have at least started to work on solving it... by the way, I don't expect him to actually do anything about it during his term as President even if he is here for two terms.

I'm very unhappy with the outcome of Health Care Reform. He has screwed America over and I don't believe he is finished screwing us about it yet.

Don't expect him to work on a solution to illegal immigration unless it is in reference to giving amnesty and voting privileges to illegal immigrants.

Immie

Cecilie1200 is correct, of course, that something needs to be done. Now that health care reform is fact and that BHO can kick the opposition in the nuts with impunity, I suggest he move forward on immigration. Force the Republican Party to either work for him or be weak on this issue going into the fall elections. Now is the time to get this done!

Problem is the opposition is the American people.

So you think he should kick us in the nuts with impunity?????

The protesters are just a bunch of idiots though, right?

Not only that they are seditious, security threat, linked to extremist groups, probably instigated a recent terrorist acts, and just plain racist because they happen to be composed of one single ethnic group.

We should definately do a raid on one of their compounds in order to show how tough the government is in putting these people down.

Problem is the opposition is the American people.

So you think he should kick us in the nuts with impunity?????

You are very foolish if you think otherwise. The Dems now know the GOP will not work with them. Therefore, the Dem congress now will beat the Republican minority down: immigration, foreign policy, cap and trade, etc. The Republicans had their chance and blew it.

BHO walks the walk, talks the talk, and stalks the stalk. I have no doubt that the GOP is going to regret its position for the first sixteen months on this administration. Bunch of idiots.

Harry, that's a fed issue, not the states. That's why it will be come inactive by the end of the week.

the whole reason this is going where it is going Jake is because to the Feds ....it is not an issue....the people who are ingrained here, are here....but those spinless basterds in DC had better start stopping anymore from coming here or you will see more and more of either the States doing something, right or wrong....or the citizens themselves acting,right or wrong....and something tells me,with SOME of the citizens.....it will be the wrong way to handle it....

I love how people think Obama should have done something already and these are likely the same people who screamed when Bush tried to do something.

I saw them. the kids are pissed. I can wait to see a republican try to say the hispanics like republicans. I cant wait until 2012.

Here is a hint righty's. You will not win an election with one demographic.....white males. You will lose again, probably just as bad as the last time.

a "smart" Hispanic cant stand people like you either Zona....so dont get too cocky...

Harry, that's a fed issue, not the states. That's why it will be come inactive by the end of the week.

the whole reason this is going where it is going Jake is because to the Feds ....it is not an issue....the people who are ingrained here, are here....but those spinless basterds in DC had better start stopping anymore from coming here or you will see more and more of either the States doing something, right or wrong....or the citizens themselves acting,right or wrong....and something tells me,with SOME of the citizens.....it will be the wrong way to handle it....

There is something I have not seen mentioned about the border problem, and citizens.

Here in Arizona, the governor called for the minutemen to come back and help on the border. In the town where i live, there are several members of that group and the citizens militia. Since that high profile murder on the border a few weeks ago, the talk among them has not been sounding real humanitarian.
I work a couple nights a week at a small bar in the back of a restaurant in town, so I hear things.
The talk was a little calmer last night after word of the new law made the rounds. Last week I heard several of the local 'cowboys', hispanic americans included among them, actually talk about what guns and what quads to take to the border with them. There is one guy around here that is a little scarier than the rest anyway, who is talking about how easy it is to kill illegals and not get caught.

I believe that if the government at the federal level doesn't do something soon, there will be more dead mexicans in the desert than normal.

I have noticed this Yurt person really hates it when you trhrow facts at him. Here is what happens, he called you a hack without disputing anything. Its just lazyness.

Yurt, you did graduate high school? Righty.

well the way you spell, one wonders if you did......Lefty.

The republicans left a huge mess and now you complain about spending to clean up they mess they made.

You people are pretzel brains

so if i went out and spent a half a million dollars on my credit card and it put me way in debt....your solution would be to spend MORE....to clean up my mess?....and your calling OTHER people pretzel brains?....i think you are .....SHIT FOR BRAINS.....but then most folks here already knew that....

There is something I have not seen mentioned about the border problem, and citizens.

Here in Arizona, the governor called for the minutemen to come back and help on the border. In the town where i live, there are several members of that group and the citizens militia. Since that high profile murder on the border a few weeks ago, the talk among them has not been sounding real humanitarian.
I work a couple nights a week at a small bar in the back of a restaurant in town, so I hear things.
The talk was a little calmer last night after word of the new law made the rounds. Last week I heard several of the local 'cowboys', hispanic americans included among them, actually talk about what guns and what quads to take to the border with them. There is one guy around here that is a little scarier than the rest anyway, who is talking about how easy it is to kill illegals and not get caught.

I believe that if the government at the federal level doesn't do something soon, there will be more dead mexicans in the desert than normal.

exactly my point.....i work with a guy who tells me every dam day that he would sign up in a minute"to go shoot some of them fucking beaners"....

Forum List

Back