Bill Clinton Will Give Eulogy at Muhammad Ali’s Funeral

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The funeral will be held Friday in Louisville, Ky., open to the public.

Former President Bill Clinton will give the eulogy at Muhammad Ali’s funeral, which will take place next Friday in the boxing champion’shometown of Louisville, Ky.

Ali died on Friday at 9:10 p.m. at the age of 74, surrounded by his family, the Associated Press reported. A family spokesman said Ali died of septic shock “due to unspecified natural causes.”

His funeral is scheduled to be held at 2 p.m. at the KFC Yum! Center and will be open to the public. It will also be translated and streamed live online.

Comedian Billy Crystal and news anchor Bryant Gumbel will also deliver eulogies. Hours before Ali died on Friday, Crystal posted a video tribute to him, calling him “the greatest man I have ever known.”

There will be a private burial at Cave Hill Cemetery, Louisville Mayor Greg Fisher said in a tweet on Saturday.

Bill Clinton Will Give Eulogy at Muhammad Ali's Funeral

I can't think of a greater man to honor another great man.

Former President Bill Clinton will give the eulogy at Muhammad Ali’s funeral, which will take place next Friday in the boxing champion’shometown of Louisville, Ky.

Ali died on Friday at 9:10 p.m. at the age of 74, surrounded by his family, the Associated Press reported. A family spokesman said Ali died of septic shock “due to unspecified natural causes.”

His funeral is scheduled to be held at 2 p.m. at the KFC Yum! Center and will be open to the public. It will also be translated and streamed live online.

Comedian Billy Crystal and news anchor Bryant Gumbel will also deliver eulogies. Hours before Ali died on Friday, Crystal posted a video tribute to him, calling him “the greatest man I have ever known.”

There will be a private burial at Cave Hill Cemetery, Louisville Mayor Greg Fisher said in a tweet on Saturday.

Wonder if Klitoon would make the same bus boy comments to Ali that he made about obama?

Wonder if Klitoon would make the same bus boy comments to Ali that he made about obama?
Doubt it. He actually respected Ali IMO.

Bill Clinton was a draft dodger and Ali got called but refused to serve. Both are traitors.

Last edited:

Yo, makes since? But I think Bill and Hillary Clinton has ties to the Muslim Community in the whole World, you know? Cash under the table, it only makes since!!! How they would ask someone like Bill Clinton, an Immoral Man like Obama, to speak at Ali`s Funeral, is beyond me!!! A Great Man Like Ali, letting a Moron like Bill Clinton utter a word at his Funeral, WOW!!!

"GTP"

Sorry, won't be there

I'm busy

(washing my hair)

th

I wonder how much Ali's estate is having to donate to the Clinton Foundation...

Bill Clinton was a draft dodger and Ali got called but refused to serve. Both are traitors.

Why because they refused to become slaves to politicians that wanted to send them off to pointless wars to kill or be killed? and apparently you're not aware that Ali gave up the prime years of his career (and millions of dollars) and risked imprisonment to stand up for what he believed in.

"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality.

If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.
" -- Muhammad Ali

Ali died broke but that is the best way to die.
He died as a hero to many millions of people all over the globe and he'll be remembered and admired by those people and there descendants for many decades to come which seems to me is the best way to go.

"I've made my share of mistakes along the way, but if I have changed even one life for the better, I haven't lived in vain." -- Muhammad Ali

Forum List

Back