Bill Maher: Comparing the violence of Islam to Christianity is liberal bullshit

There have been more Christian inspired terrorist attacks in the US than Muslim attacks.

Wrong. There have been over 70 Islamic attacks inside the USA thus far. The Oklahoma bombing was done by Tim McVeigh who was trained in explosives by an Iraqi Muslim terrorist. That is the truth behind the McVeigh bombing and the Feds know it. So much for your christian inspired terror attacks.

You left out abortion clinic bombings and murders, assaults, attempted murders on abortion doctors.

That number FAR exceed attacks by Islamic extremists.

Murder is not terrorism.

Nice to see someone speaking the truth from the other side of the aisle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YG_mqZJKcM

He is 100% correct , until the enlightenment when christanity was defanged and declawed it ruled buy fear and violence through the inquisitions burning people at the stake , blood libel killings of non christians (particularly Jews and Pagans) it is going to take something like that in the Islamic world to do the same thing .

The fertilizer for Religious fundamentalism is places where education levels are low such as fundamentalist muslims countries and certain parts of the United states which used their bibles to justify jim crow and lynching of Black people, which was in itsself religious terrorism

I like the way Maher put it, what color is the sky in your world?

You don't have to be a "practicing Jew" to be Jewish. And you don't know what the fuck you're talking about when you say I attack people for loving Jews. Show me where I've ever done that, idiot.

Well yeah..you kinda do. That's how religion works. You have to believe in it.
Well no, you kinda don't.

List of Jewish atheists and agnostics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol:

Jewish Atheists..is that like a Celibate Hedonist?

Bahahahahahahaha..

:lmao:

Not being able to write a book like The Satanic Verses and not being able to publish a cartoon of mohammed without your life being in danger kicks that freedom of the press thing right in the groin.

That is not why he attacks Islam, you idiot. Bill Maher is an atheist, not a practicing Jew.

He attacks Islam because he attacks all religions. Anti-relgion is his thing.

Also, you're no different than Neo-Nazis who swear against people(and even attack them) for loving Jews... with your "muslim-loving POS" shit.

Maher is kinda right..but it's not the whole story.

And the whole story is something that the right wing will never ever get. They'd like a final solution for muslims.

Tell us the rest of the story then. As I recall, all you ever come up with is ancient history.

Yeah, they always bring up the Crusades. They are rooting for the muslims to get one on the Christians. The Crusades are irrelevant as to our government, because our government is secular.

So Maher directly says that "all religions have hypocrites", a statement of plain fact, is "liberal bullshit". That's freaking stupid.

It's sad, when Maher goes politically correct like that and screams that a statement of plain truth is "liberal bullshit". He can't just accept a true statement, he has to divert with an unrelated tangent about muslims being more violent. Very conservative of him, such a diversion. Muslims are more violent, but that has nothing to do with the truth of the statement "all religions have hypocrites".

Yes, you keep making this point which isn't exactly what was said. Here is the transcript:

BRIAN LEVIN, DIRECTOR OF THE CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF HATE AND EXTREMISM AT CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, SAN BERNADINO: Could I just interject? Look, it's not like people who are Muslim who do wacky things have a monopoly on it. We have hypocrites across faiths, Jewish, Christian who say they're out for God and end up doing not so nice things.

MAHER: You know what? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You know what? That's, that’s liberal bullshit right there. I mean, yes, all faiths…

LEVIN: There are no Christian hypocrites?

MAHER: No, there are.

Read more: Maher to Guest Defending Islam in Wake of Boston Bombings: 'That's Liberal Bulls--t' | NewsBusters

Obviously what Maher was calling BS was not the part about religions containing hypocrites it was the violence part. It was the equating of one religion that has a history of modern violence to ones that do not. It is fairly obvious.

:clap2::clap2:

I wonder why you never post a cartoon like this.

Piss+on+head+-+Draw+Muhammad+Day+-+May+20.jpg

Is it because you are actually a coward?

Yes, you keep making this point which isn't exactly what was said. Here is the transcript:

BRIAN LEVIN, DIRECTOR OF THE CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF HATE AND EXTREMISM AT CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, SAN BERNADINO: Could I just interject? Look, it's not like people who are Muslim who do wacky things have a monopoly on it. We have hypocrites across faiths, Jewish, Christian who say they're out for God and end up doing not so nice things.

MAHER: You know what? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You know what? That's, that’s liberal bullshit right there. I mean, yes, all faiths…

LEVIN: There are no Christian hypocrites?

MAHER: No, there are.

Read more: Maher to Guest Defending Islam in Wake of Boston Bombings: 'That's Liberal Bulls--t' | NewsBusters

Obviously what Maher was calling BS was not the part about religions containing hypocrites it was the violence part. It was the equating of one religion that has a history of modern violence to ones that do not. It is fairly obvious.

:clap2::clap2:

Hmmm do you fear repercussions for you insensitive and bigoted cartoon?

He wouldn't post it if he did.

Actually, I am pro-choice.

I fully support a woman's choice to choose between responsibility or irresponsibility.

I also fully support - if she chooses to be sexually ACTIVE - to practice or not practice birth control.

I fully support her demanding her sex partner to use birth control, as well.

But what I do NOT support is that a new life, a new baby, however irresponsibly created, has to pay the price with its life for the callous behavior of either or both of its would be parents, who choose to murder the potential life they created.

Cool.

And I am sure you are anti-war, anti-death penalty and pro taking care of each and every "life" the government forces a woman to bear..as well as picking up the hospital tab for that birth.

Right?

Actually, I AM anti-death penalty. I have seen or heard of too many executions of wrong and innocent people. And even if I had not, I came to believe that there is always a chance for redemption.

I am not anti-war if that war is for the preservation of our life, life-style, directly or indirectly.

I am anti-abortion, because pro-choice is - in my mind - defined as choosing between proper behavior or irresponsibility. The way it is defined by you and others like you is to choose being not responsible or totally irresponsible. And especially so, if it is at MY dime.

There are all kinds of childless couples who would be happy and eager to adopt a child. Most, if not all, of these childless couples are white who could not care less about the skin color of the baby they would adopt. However, laws, inspired by political correctness prevent them to adopt a black or an Indian baby.

In spite of the directive lie given by Democratic bosses and repeated mindlessly by liberal drones, conservatives DO care about children even after they are born.

There have been movies depicting real life stories recently about white families unselfishly and lovingly adopting black kids. I would like to see just ONE (1) movie of a true to life story of a black family adopting a white baby. Hell, I would be perfectly happy to see a story about a black family adopting a black baby. Being 74 years of age, I don't think I will live to see that day.

Nothing about taking care of people that are the result of these forced births, eh?

And not anti war..

And then there's some tripe about black/white adoption. You do know how hard it is to get a white baby, right?

And the whole story is something that the right wing will never ever get. They'd like a final solution for muslims.

Tell us the rest of the story then. As I recall, all you ever come up with is ancient history.

Yeah, they always bring up the Crusades. They are rooting for the muslims to get one on the Christians. The Crusades are irrelevant as to our government, because our government is secular.

Well no.

I bring up the holocaust as well.

You know, the same one that Pope John Paul apologized to god for? Because he thought Christians screwed the pooch with that one.

You see the problem with having an intelligent conversation about terrorism with the inmates of the rightwing nuthouse,

when they insist that the ground rules be that blowing up an abortion clinic is not terrorism?

Here are some numbers for you.

According to NAF, since 1977 in the United States and Canada, property crimes committed against abortion providers have included 41 bombings, 173 arsons, 91 attempted bombings or arsons, 619 bomb threats, 1630 incidents of trespassing, 1264 incidents of vandalism, and 100 attacks with butyric acid ("stink bombs").[12] The New York Times also cites over one hundred clinic bombings and incidents of arson, over three hundred invasions, and over four hundred incidents of vandalism between 1978 and 1993.[16] The first clinic arson occurred in Oregon in March 1976 and the first bombing occurred in February 1978 in Ohio.[17] Incidents have included:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence#Arson.2C_bombing.2C_and_property_crime

Now all you have to do is go through those and find out how many actually happened in the US, and how many of those were actually Christian terrorism.

Maher is a fucking left-wing hack. He is also a Jew, which is why he attacks Islam. I'm glad he does it, but he still supports Obama, who is a muslim-loving POS.

That is not why he attacks Islam, you idiot. Bill Maher is an atheist, not a practicing Jew.

He attacks Islam because he attacks all religions. Anti-relgion is his thing.

Also, you're no different than Neo-Nazis who swear against people(and even attack them) for loving Jews... with your "muslim-loving POS" shit.

You got that right. With a capital "F" and "S".

Also, Maher was raised Catholic, his father is an Irish American, for those of you who think he was slamming the modern Muslim sect because he's Jewish. His mother is Jewish.

Let's see what else Bill Maher thinks is 'bullshit':

“The Constitution, contrary to the beliefs of so many Tea Baggers, was not brought to us directly by Jesus,” Maher told his panel. “And actually, the founding fathers understood that we need to amend it. They wanted us to do it. Yes, so much of it does need a Page 1 rewrite,

including that bullshit about the Senate and the Second Amendment.

Both of them should go.”

The Right's newfound expert on what is and isn't 'bullshit' says the 2nd Amendment is 'bullshit'.

lol

Good for him, he has opinions about the Constitution, and is willing to argue that it should be amended. That makes him smarter than you, and explains why, even when I think he is wrong, I never have the urge to batter him with a dictionary to get him to understand the English language.

You, on the other hand, think we should just pretend the Constitution means something other than what it says because you don't have enough brain power to coherently argue why it should be changed.

Nice to see someone speaking the truth from the other side of the aisle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YG_mqZJKcM

I'm a liberal, and I know that the extremist muslims are more dangerous than extremist christians.

Yes, lots of liberals have a hard time admitting this fact.

Well no.

We had an extremist Christian president rush us into attacking a country that did not attack us..resulting in the deaths of 100s of thousands civilians and over four thousand American troops.

Who was that, Clinton?

Forum List

Back