Bill Maher on California Income Taxes: 'Liberals - You Could Actually Lose Me' Read

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
What's wrong, Bill? You never got the memo that paying over 50% of your income in taxes hardly qualifies as your fair share? Your audience didn't tell you that you're being greedy and you need to pony up more so you can pull their weight too?

What a hypocrite.

"Well," Maher unsuccessfully tried to interrupt as Maddow continued. When she was finally done, he surprisingly pushed back.

Pointing at Virginia's former Republican Congressman Tom Davis, Maher said, "You know what? Rich people - I'm sure you'd agree with this - actually do pay the freight in this country."

"I just saw these statistics," he continued, "I mean, something like 70 percent. And here in California, I just want to say liberals - you could actually lose me. It's outrageous what we're paying - over 50 percent. I'm willing to pay my share, but yeah, it's ridiculous."

So it appears there is a point where Maher's money becomes more important than his politics.

Bill Maher on California Income Taxes: 'Liberals - You Could Actually Lose Me' | NewsBusters

What's wrong, Bill? You never got the memo that paying over 50% of your income in taxes hardly qualifies as your fair share? Your audience didn't tell you that you're being greedy and you need to pony up more so you can pull their weight too?

What a hypocrite.

"Well," Maher unsuccessfully tried to interrupt as Maddow continued. When she was finally done, he surprisingly pushed back.

Pointing at Virginia's former Republican Congressman Tom Davis, Maher said, "You know what? Rich people - I'm sure you'd agree with this - actually do pay the freight in this country."

"I just saw these statistics," he continued, "I mean, something like 70 percent. And here in California, I just want to say liberals - you could actually lose me. It's outrageous what we're paying - over 50 percent. I'm willing to pay my share, but yeah, it's ridiculous."

So it appears there is a point where Maher's money becomes more important than his politics.

Bill Maher on California Income Taxes: 'Liberals - You Could Actually Lose Me' | NewsBusters
He wants his million dollar contribution back?...the one he said Obama must have used to buy weed?:eek:

You know what they say, a conservative is a liberal that's been mugged.

Bill Maher is just getting a taste of what it's like to be mugged.

What a hypocrite.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep Maher as a Liberal. NO one else wants him on their side.

He wouldn't be a republican conservative. He may change to be a Liberal Libertarian.

You've just been nominated for the "Oxymoron of the Month" award for you entry "Liberal Libertarian."

Congratulations!

Remember that if 50% of your income is taxed, then you worked 50% of your time for free. In other words you are 50% slave.

And the answer is to STOP SPENDING. Even Maher should not suffer such confiscation of his income (though given his friends, he deserves it more than I do) but unless governments STOP SPENDING not only will Maher's taxes continue rising so will the taxes of every person who actually earns his own living.

The tax policies of the left let the poor ride for free, won't affect the super rich, but are designed to keep anyone in the middle from ever being able to join the ranks of the rich. Why can't anyone articulate this?

What a hypocrite.

California is one big mess. Too many illegals taking from the system and not paying anything into the system is probably their biggest problem.

It says a lot about Bill when he claims he just saw these numbers... Yet he holds such strict opinion about politics.

:lol: I was thinking the same thing. So he just discovered this yet he's been one of those "tax the rich more" nuts for how long? He's basically admitted his opinion was based on ignorance.

California is one big mess. Too many illegals taking from the system and not paying anything into the system is probably their biggest problem.

I agree, but apparently Californians like it that way because they keep voting to be raped by Sacramento.

It says a lot about Bill when he claims he just saw these numbers... Yet he holds such strict opinion about politics.

you see, this is where so much of the liberal media is misinformed. They believe the so-called reports they are given, and never check to see if the so-called 'facts' are true or not before reporting them. Do I think he will fall out of line? I doubt very far as his livelyhood could suffer if he does...

I'm a liberal and I was mugged by Ronald Reagan, Pete Wilson, and Dubya and am not a conservative yet. I believe both parties mug you but a democrat might do something for you, whereas a republican will never, ever do anything for the working stiffs in this country. This is why republicans whine about deficits, gun control, and abortion. They have to have something to "offer" and certainly will do nothing for you economically.

What good will those 3 republican offerings do you if you've fallen down and need a hand (or are too old to work), or have a disabled child and can't afford treatment, like you get with programs FDR and LBJ gave us? Social Security, Medical, Medicaid, Food stamps, etc. These are things people use no matter what their political affiliation.
When it comes to any "free stuff" programs like these, what is in a typical republicans cold dark heart that makes him go to war over these programs almost always? I'm talking republican politicians, not republican voters. Because republicans serve only the very wealthy and corporations period.

Any answers besides "free stuff", "Oblaba" "George Soros" or other childish remarks?

you see, this is where so much of the liberal media is misinformed. They believe the so-called reports they are given, and never check to see if the so-called 'facts' are true or not before reporting them. Do I think he will fall out of line? I doubt very far as his livelyhood could suffer if he does...

If we have a liberal media, then why aren't they giving any publicity to the Trans Pacific Partnership or Nafta on steroids, that's being finalized behind our back by Obama and his republican and democrat pro corporate buddies?

What a hypocrite.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Watching the hypocrisy of the idiot liberal and their constant contradictions of themselves is hysterical. It never stops being hilarious....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What a hypocrite.

Holy shit! I can't believe you realize that!

Your first moment of rational thought! Now, if you take that rational thought and extrapolate it out to the rest of the country, you will realize that we have the same problem as California - too many people taking from the system and not putting anything back in to the system.

It's the reason liberal policy creates misery and failure.

Glad to see he is starting to see reality but he's lied to himself for so long it's going to take a while to clear his head of all the things he thinks he knows which are completely incorrect.

Forum List

Back