Idea On Voting In Federal Elections, Do You Agree?

Just curious

Does anyone have an data on percentage of income paid as all taxes vs. income ranges?

I wonder if when all taxes are considered who pays a higher percentage of income as taxes, the less well off or the rich.

WW

I was posting in a thread and my light bulb came on for a voting proposal, which is this:

First, you have to be 18 or older and a US citizen, as well as some other restrictions already on the books. Second, you can only vote in federal elections if you pay federal income taxes. This seems fair to me since a large part of what we are voting for is in how our tax dollars are spent, so, only those actually paying those taxes should decide how they are spent. Those paying no federal income taxes shouldn't get a say in how the tax dollars paid by tax payers is spent.

This should please leftists because they claim many of the rich don't pay federal income taxes or that the rich don't pay their fair share, leaving the voting mostly in the hands of the tax payers who are paying the taxes (the little guys), right?
Why should they be allowed to vote in city or state elections? If you’re on welfare you are a ward of the state be it national, state, city or county. You have forfeited your right to a say in how anything gets run. You aren’t contributing therefore get no say.

Hey, it's your side who is wanting to tell secretaries of state elections to not have Trump on the ballot, suppressing the votes so that your side wins. When our country was first formed, only land owners were allowed to vote because they were the ones paying the taxes.
Trump incited an insurrection. Constitutionally he is ineligible to run for office because of his actions.

I was posting in a thread and my light bulb came on for a voting proposal, which is this:

First, you have to be 18 or older and a US citizen, as well as some other restrictions already on the books. Second, you can only vote in federal elections if you pay federal income taxes. This seems fair to me since a large part of what we are voting for is in how our tax dollars are spent, so, only those actually paying those taxes should decide how they are spent. Those paying no federal income taxes shouldn't get a say in how the tax dollars paid by tax payers is spent.

This should please leftists because they claim many of the rich don't pay federal income taxes or that the rich don't pay their fair share, leaving the voting mostly in the hands of the tax payers who are paying the taxes (the little guys), right?
So people living on Social Security and Veterans pensions wouldn't be allowed to vote?

And you think this will help the GOP how?

Forum List

Back