Bill Weld: pick Hillary

In the article:
>> Weld maintained that he will remain loyal to his running mate Gary Johnson through Election Day. However, he did offer the phrase, "This is not the time to cast a jocular or feel good vote for a man whom you may have briefly found entertaining," a sentiment many felt was in regards to Johnson. <<​

Strange conclusion. My first impression was that it clearly referred to Rump. How would it refer to Johnson? :dunno:

Remaining "loyal" while telling the voters to vote for anyone other than your ticket is not possible.

And where does he do that?

Please go to the source, people. The OP is third or fourth hand.

Here is Weld's statement from his web site: STATEMENT BY GOV. BILL WELD REGARDING THE FINAL WEEKS OF THIS ELECTION

At no point does he tell people to vote for Clinton. He does urge people not to vote for Trump.

Thank you.

From that statement:

>> “Mr. Trump has some charisma and panache, and intellectual quickness. These qualities can be entertaining. Yet more than charisma, more even than intellectual ability, is required of a serious candidate for this country’s highest office. A serious candidate for the Presidency of the United States must be stable, and Donald Trump is not stable.

“Throughout this campaign, Mr. Trump has demonstrated an inability to handle criticism or blame well. His first instinct is to lash out at others. When challenged, he often responds as a child might. He makes a sour face, he calls people by insulting names, he waves his arms, he impatiently interrupts. Most families would not allow their children to remain at the dinner table if they behaved as Mr. Trump does. He has not exhibited the self-control, the discipline, or the emotional depth necessary to function credibly as a President of the United States. <<

--- which means my impression here

In the article:
>> Weld maintained that he will remain loyal to his running mate Gary Johnson through Election Day. However, he did offer the phrase, "This is not the time to cast a jocular or feel good vote for a man whom you may have briefly found entertaining," a sentiment many felt was in regards to Johnson. <<​
Strange conclusion. My first impression was that it clearly referred to Rump. How would it refer to Johnson? :dunno:

--- was completely correct.

Weld never mentioned a "Hillary" at all.

OP is a parroting hack. He said no such thing.
How many of you bedwetters are going to say that?

Libertarians for Hillary - makes sense to me!

Libertarian VP candidate admits defeat, tells voters to pick this rival

Oct 26th 2016
By: Kevan Kenney/Veuer

Less than two weeks before America decides who they will elect as their next president, Libertarian vice presidential candidate Bill Weld is admitting defeat and speaking out against Donald Trump, encouraging his supporters to pick Hillary Clinton.

Well. I was originally going to vote libertarian. Now it looks like I am going to vote TRUMP!. What an asshole that guy is.
you poor little principled guy. vote trump, you are deplorable enough.

i think it is a very good move by the 3rd party candidate to provide an endorsement for 2nd choice. or an advice for not voting for trump, lol.

14705877_10154383203806998_1950095207624085688_n.png

Oct 26th 2016

Less than two weeks before America decides who they will elect as their next president, Libertarian vice presidential candidate Bill Weld is admitting defeat and speaking out against Donald Trump, encouraging his supporters to pick Hillary Clinton.

Well. I was originally going to vote libertarian. Now it looks like I am going to vote TRUMP!. What an asshole that guy is.

Double down on dumb, not surprised. Why do you hate America, and Americans?

I love America. It's asshats like you who don't. You want to turn this country into yet another third world shithole.

Bullshit. To love America, you need to love Americans. First, second, third generation + and those who take the oath of allegiance to COTUS today and tomorrow, and take to heart these immortal words:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Oct 26th 2016

I love America. It's asshats like you who don't. You want to turn this country into yet another third world shithole.

Bullshit. To love America, you need to love Americans. First, second, third generation + and those who take the oath of allegiance to COTUS today and tomorrow, and take to heart these immortal words:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Oh, I never forget that one. And please don't you forget the oath that they swear, to defend the CONSTITUTION against all enemies, foreign, AND domestic.

“Weld went on to highlight the flaws he sees in the Republican candidate -- such as the New York businessman's behavior towards rivals, divisive rhetoric about immigrants and minorities, along with the overall instability of the campaign he has run.”

True.

Trump is also wrong on the issues – he clearly has no business being president.
You have no business voting.

Oct 26th 2016

Oh, I never forget that one. And please don't you forget the oath that they swear, to defend the CONSTITUTION against all enemies, foreign, AND domestic.

---- which IMMEDIATELY disqualifies Rump.

What's that?

No, that's not "going away".

And STILL no answer for post 21.... we sit, and we wait....

In the article:

Weld is the former governor of MA. That means he is indistinguishable from a Democrat. He could never get elected as a Republican in any other state. It looks like the only reason he ran on the Libertarian ticket is so he could stab Libertarians and Republicans in the back.

Oct 26th 2016

I have said that from the beginning. Those 2 clowns running on the Libertarian ticket are NOT libertarians. Weld is an extreme left gun grabber nut,and Johnson is just a moron liberal.

Oct 26th 2016

I have said that from the beginning. Those 2 clowns running on the Libertarian ticket are NOT libertarians. Weld is an extreme left gun grabber nut,and Johnson is just a moron liberal.
Both of them are big open borders advocates and supporters of the TPP. Where do they get off calling themselves "libertarians?"

Oct 26th 2016

Well he isn't a libertarian then as he?
No libertarian ever would vote for a career politician

Oct 26th 2016

Nice try

Responding to numerous web stories and media reports regarding Libertarian Vice-Presidential nominee Bill Weld’s strong denunciation of Donald Trump Tuesday, the Johnson-Weld campaign released the following statement from Communications Director Joe Hunter:

“Several web sites and media outlets have seized upon Governor Bill Weld’s statement from a news conference Tuesday in Boston to jump to conclusions that are wishful thinking, rather than reality.

Led by Occupy Democrats, a well-known mouthpiece for the left, the sensationalists and wishful thinkers are re-writing Gov. Weld’s forceful condemnation of Donald Trump into a suggestion that voters should support Hillary Clinton. That is absurd.

Governor Weld and Governor Johnson are campaigning nonstop, with rallies and appearances scheduled over the next few days across the country from Alaska to Cincinnati, and are fully committed to giving voters the third choice they deserve in this election.

Any suggestion to the contrary is the product of active imaginations and partisans in both the Republican and Democrat camps who see how many independents, millennials and other disenfranchised voters are looking to the Johnson-Weld ticket as a vote they can cast in good conscience.

Governor Weld has made clear from day one his fear of a potential Trump presidency, just as he has made clear his policy differences with Hillary Clinton. The only candidate he is urging voters to support for President is Gov. Gary Johnson. Period.

The wishful thinkers need to take a break and start wishing for something else, because the Johnson-Weld ticket is not giving an inch to Donald Trump OR Hillary Clinton.”

Gary Johnson - Timeline | Facebook

Oct 26th 2016

Of course you were/are. :itsok:

Soooooo.... you cast a vote not to elect a President but just to spite some opinion you don't like.

What a great idea. Wish I'd thought of that. :rolleyes:

No. I vote based on who I think will do a better job in a particular position. The shrilary is a criminal. Dead stop. The trumpster is a buffoon. That left Stein (no chance in hell) and Johnson. If the Libertarians are saying vote for the shrilary they are not true Libertarians as she is diametrically opposed to everything that Libertarians stand for. Thus, if this is true, I am changing my vote to the trumpster.

It's not

In the article:

Weld is the former governor of MA. That means he is indistinguishable from a Democrat. He could never get elected as a Republican in any other state. It looks like the only reason he ran on the Libertarian ticket is so he could stab Libertarians and Republicans in the back.

How does any of that, in the slightest inkling of a shadow of a clue of a way, address my post at all?

Forum List

Back