Birthers Lay an Egg

Who is Eligible to Apply for a Genealogy Request?

Any private individual or individual employed, endorsed, or sponsored by a governmental or private organization or agency, working on genealogy projects may apply for issuance of copies of vital records on file with the Department of Health.

Any applicant seeking issuance of copies of vital records of events that occurred seventy-five years or less prior to the current year must establish a direct and tangible interest in the records to be eligible for them (see Certified Copies for more information).

An applicant need not establish a direct and tangible interest in vital records of events that occurred more than seventy-five years prior to the current year to apply for these records.

http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/vital-records/genealogy.html

This part of your link shows that the state only issues certified copies of records less than 75 years old. And the only certified copies they issue now are COLB.

It says no such thing...it is directing you to more info on what constitutes a direct and tangible interest.

Last edited:
Can someone PLEASE tell me WHAT they expect to see on the long form that is not on the computer generated form that would CONFIRM his birth in Honolulu any more than the short form?

Can someone PLEASE tell me WHAT they expect to see on the long form that is not on the computer generated form that would CONFIRM his birth in Honolulu any more than the short form?

I have no idea, hell, birth certificates are easy to forge to, just need a decent printer and the 3D stamp thingy to make one.

I have no idea, hell, birth certificates are easy to forge to, just need a decent printer and the 3D stamp thingy to make one.
DOH

there go a whole slew of NEW conspiracies

:lol:

DOH

Ooops ... oh well.

The point I was trying to make is that if he really wasn't a citizen then not only would he have gotten them to say he is, he would have presented a forged B/C just to shut people up. Fact is, the people obsessed over this are too busy right now to do anything to stop his policies so they are eating it up.

DOH

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

darn, i gotta spread some before repping again!

It says no such thing...it is directing you to more info on what constitutes a direct and tangible interest.
In order to obtain certified copies.

And the only certified copies the DOH provides are COLB.

It doesn't say certified copies on the genealogy request page...it just says copies.

Any private individual or individual employed, endorsed, or sponsored by a governmental or private organization or agency, working on genealogy projects may apply for issuance of copies of vital records on file with the Department of Health.

Any applicant seeking issuance of copies of vital records of events that occurred seventy-five years or less prior to the current year must establish a direct and tangible interest in the records to be eligible for them (see Certified Copies for more information).

An applicant need not establish a direct and tangible interest in vital records of events that occurred more than seventy-five years prior to the current year to apply for these records.

Your argument is faulty -just because the DOH doesn't issue a certified copy of the long form as proof of birth doesn't mean they can't provide regular (non-certified) copies for other uses, such as genealogical research.

In fact we've proved that they do provide copies for genealogical research.

It doesn't say certified copies on the genealogy request page...it just says copies.

Your argument is faulty -just because the DOH doesn't issue a certified copy of the long form as proof of birth doesn't mean they can't provide regular (non-certified) copies for other uses, such as genealogical research.

I can't remember if I had asked you this question before missourian, but what is it on the original birth certificate, that the Birthers think they will see, that will confirm that he was born in Hawaii as the Certified and Stamped certified with signature (Notarized) Certification of Live Birth stated?

The original, will have all other information redacted imo, that does not relate to the one and only issue at hand, where it says Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii....we are not tracing his genealogy...?

Even if the Birthers had their day in court and got the original, all other info on the original not on the COLB, would be redacted imo.

Well, as far as Obama goes, a copy that isn't 'certified' wouldn't mean squat. So I'm not sure what your point is regarding the possible issuance of long forms for genealogy. But I've seen nothing here that proves they provide "long" copies for that purpose (and sorry, the link you provide isn't loading, server down... I'll try again in a bit).

This would be mind-numbingly easy for the BC crowd to prove. All they need to do is find someone who was born in Hawaii (preferably in the early 60's so we'd know the form would be similar to Obama's) to request a long form of their birth certificate from the state DOH.

Or, to prove what you're saying, simply get names of people born over 75 years ago and request long forms for genealogy research.

Have they done either?

New, funny as hell twist.

The idiot birthers via Orly Tits, are now claiming they found his Kenyan Birth Certificate,

Yee Haw! huh?

One problem: The document says "Republic of Kenya" on it - except...Wait for it:

Kenya was not a Republic when the "document" was signed!

!

I can't remember if I had asked you this question before missourian, but what is it on the original birth certificate, that the Birthers think they will see, that will confirm that he was born in Hawaii as the Certified and Stamped certified with signature (Notarized) Certification of Live Birth stated?

The original, will have all other information redacted imo, that does not relate to the one and only issue at hand, where it says Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii....we are not tracing his genealogy...?

Even if the Birthers had their day in court and got the original, all other info on the original not on the COLB, would be redacted imo.

I really don't know Care.

I don't follow all the lawsuit stuff. All I know about that is what I have read here.

The points that I believe I've proven in this thread are:
1) If Obama was not born in Hawaii, by law he would not be a citizen of the United States.

2) Obama could release the documentation being sought at any time he chooses.

3) These two points should be enough to at the absolute minimum pique the interest of any reasonable person, but instead the sanity of persons asking them is repeatedly attacked for asking the simple question 'why'. No answers...just ad hom after ad hom for merely posing a question.

So again I ask, why doesn't President Obama, the defender of transparency, just release the documentation that is being requested, instead of actively blocking it's release?

Well, as far as Obama goes, a copy that isn't 'certified' wouldn't mean squat. So I'm not sure what your point is regarding the possible issuance of long forms for genealogy. But I've seen nothing here that proves they provide "long" copies for that purpose (and sorry, the link you provide isn't loading, server down... I'll try again in a bit).

This would be mind-numbingly easy for the BC crowd to prove. All they need to do is find someone who was born in Hawaii (preferably in the early 60's so we'd know the form would be similar to Obama's) to request a long form of their birth certificate from the state DOH.

Or, to prove what you're saying, simply get names of people born over 75 years ago and request long forms for genealogy research.

Have they done either?

Don't need to go that far.

Hawaii state law allows direct access to data for people doing research on people born over 75 years ago.
(e) The department may permit persons working on genealogy projects access to microfilm or other copies of vital records of events that occurred more than seventy-five years prior to the current year.
Got to go fishin' now...BBL.

Last edited:

The long form has the name and address of the hospital, age and birthplace of the parents, and signature of the person attending the birth. None of that is relevant to his eligibility. The COLB contains all the pertinent information from the birth record that is necessary to prove citizenship.

I'd love to hear the reason why the birthers think any of the additional information would even matter.

Last edited:

Ok. Thanks.

Then we move on to my other question. And here's someone y'all can get to prove it:

Unveiled! Hawaii's 1961 long-form birth certificates

Have her request a long form BC from the state DOH. That would be perfect... her children were born the day after President Obama.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back