Black lives matter flag flies over Vermont school despite backlash

Did anyone bother to read the OP's article, or for that matter, any other article that has reported this?

The school did it as a part of Black History month, and it has been well received in the community. The only detractors are those who are outside the community.

Here's what FOX is reporting on it..........................

Black Lives Matter flag flies over Vermont school despite backlash

A high school in Vermont's capital raised a Black Lives Matter flag Thursday morning in honor of Black History Month.

Students at Montpelier High School, where 18 of 350 students are black, took turns raising the flag in a ceremony attended by hundreds of students, staff and community members.

The decision to fly the flag had drawn criticism from Republican state legislator Thomas Terenzini, who told WPTZ this week that the school was setting "a bad example."

"I don't see myself as being a bigot or prejudiced but I just don't think that Black Lives Matter is a national organization to look up [to]," Terenzini said.

Several police officers were at the event because of protest threats mostly from out of state, said Montpelier Police Chief Anthony Facos. There were no protesters at the ceremony.

Officials said the school has received an outpouring of support from the community.
I confess, I did not read the article, but I went back and read it after your post. My personal opinion about BLM is that they have been on the wrong side of several incidents such as the Michael Brown -- hands up don't shoot case. However, I can respect that the community doesn't see BLM in the light I do and that they are simply supporting equal rights for all.

The main 2 points that I wanted to get across to the people on the thread was that it's being done for Black History month (perfectly appropriate IMHO if the whole school votes for it), and it has the full support of the local community.

The only people bitching about it are those who don't live there.

I think the point is, who cares?

If they raised a gadsden flag I think you'd care rather deeply.
Would I?

Interestingly the flag they raised was intended as inclusive. I wouldn’t see a point to the Gadsden flag so I’d think
It stupid. But I’m not sure it would cause me to melt down like the rightwingnuts on this thread. But then again I’m not a conspiracy loon

Black Lives Matter Flag Flies Over Vermont School Despite Backlash
A high school in Vermont’s capital raised a Black Lives Matter flag Thursday morning in honor of Black History Month.
--------------------------------------------------------

Oh well isn't that special, and the leftist retards can say " well it's their right" it's freedom of speech lmfao never mind what the real message is the intentions of this being done.
1% of Vermont citizenry are Black, though about 5% in this particular school...

if no one in the school, students included objected to raising it during Black History month, why is this Republican legislator and infowars and YOU, trying to CAUSE TROUBLE???

What is your purpose?

To me, March 1st is when an "All Lives Matter" flag should go up.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
But will Blacks be offended if that happens?
To me, they have no reason to be when "All Lives Matter" means everyone including them.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
Actually it doesn’t. It’s a way to diminish what they are trying to say and is just angry white people.

You know I always find it strange when self- processed Christians have no empathy for anyone but themselves.

Would I?

Interestingly the flag they raised was intended as inclusive. I wouldn’t see a point to the Gadsden flag so I’d think
It stupid. But I’m not sure it would cause me to melt down like the rightwingnuts on this thread. But then again I’m not a conspiracy loon

If the could come up with a legitimate reason for flying the Gadsden flag, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it would have to be for a good reason.

Having the BLM flag flying for Black History month? Perfectly acceptable in my book.

Would I?

If the could come up with a legitimate reason for flying the Gadsden flag, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it would have to be for a good reason.

Having the BLM flag flying for Black History month? Perfectly acceptable in my book.
I agree. But then again I don’t spend my life living in fear of a black planet.

Forum List

Back