Black man shot looking for cigarettes.

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
But this is different.

Lying in a hospital bed the night after he was shot by Escambia County sheriff’s deputies in his own front yard, Roy Middleton only had one question: Why?This story has been updated. Please click here for the updated version, in which Middleton's mother says the sheriff's office has "some explaining to do" and the deputies reported that the man 'lunged' from a car before he was shot.
Middleton, 60, of the 200 block of Shadow Lawn Lane in Warrington, was shot in the leg about 2:42 a.m. Saturday while trying to retrieve a cigarette from his mother’s car in the driveway of their home.
A neighbor saw someone reaching into the car and called 911. While he was looking into the vehicle, deputies arrived in response to the burglary call.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130728...ot-at-man-in-his-yard?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

I hate when I am jonsing for a smoke and get shot in the process. I think the people of this city should all send the guy a pack of smokes to make up for the fact that the cops don't know how to do their job.

The real problem here is the neighbor who called 911. We live in a nation full of snitches, fingers at the ready to dial 911 and smallest thing, without taking the time to actually see what is going on. People are being conditioned to think this way. America has created its own citizen spy network, which is one clear sign of a totalitarian state

The real problem here is the neighbor who called 911. We live in a nation full of snitches, fingers at the ready to dial 911 and smallest thing, without taking the time to actually see what is going on. People are being conditioned to think this way. America has created its own citizen spy network, which is one clear sign of a totalitarian state

No, the problem is the cops overreacted, which they sometimes do.

If the Police asked him what he was doing, and he replied this was his mom's car and he was looking for something it it, this would not be an issue.

So what are you doing you don't want your neighbors to see?

I agree to a point, if her house was next door, then maybe she does cal,l but the police seemed a little trigger happy, I wasn't there so I won't judge

Cops should be suspended without pay while the investigation is ongoing. They should also pay all his medical bills, hand over some compensation, and go back to the academy.

Cops need way better training they are gunning down innocent people and unarmed people of all colors all the time now ..all they needed to do was light him up and tell them they had guns on them a wait for him to turn around...and then they don't even kill him ! they fire all these shots at close range and miss with most of them..they are a danger to the public at large if that's the best they can do ..stray bullets flying around all over the place...and the same stupid excuse as always...he lunged at us..ya a sane unarmed sober man getting a smoke in his own driveway lunged at two armed men with guns...surrrre he did

ALL cop recruits should be screened by the NAACP before being hired! Wouldn't that be something?

Forum List

Back