Black man shot looking for cigarettes.

I'm not going to come up with a conclusion yet since I wasn't there. It will be interesting to see what happens. I do have a thought though about police in general. We currently live in a country where adolescence has been stretched out to around the mid 30's. I have dealt with many younger police officers where maturity certainly seemed lacking. In Las Vegas, I lived in a predominately black neighborhood so I would often be stopped by cops who saw me walking or driving down the street because they saw a white guy in a black neighborhood and assumed that I was there to buy crack. I actually didn't mind this too much since my neighborhood did have a crack/gang/prostitution/murder problem. What I objected to was the attitude. The police (mainly young men) were physically and verbally abusive and obviously on some sort of power trip. This is what's known as immaturity. If I had my way I would develop a better psych test for people who want to be cops.
I don't know if this story is really connected to my point about my personal experiences with cops but it was the first thought that entered my mind when I read this story.

I hate when I am jonsing for a smoke and get shot in the process. I think the people of this city should all send the guy a pack of smokes to make up for the fact that the cops don't know how to do their job.

This police officer needs to go to prison for firing on a harmless man.

Given that the man who was shot was black and the cop is white (I assume) he won't spend a day in prison.

I hate when I am jonsing for a smoke and get shot in the process. I think the people of this city should all send the guy a pack of smokes to make up for the fact that the cops don't know how to do their job.

This police officer needs to go to prison for firing on a harmless man.

Given that the man who was shot was black and the cop is white (I assume) he won't spend a day in prison.

Given that a cop shot a civilian I don't expect him to spend anytime in jail, even if a black cop shot a white man.

But this is different.

Lying in a hospital bed the night after he was shot by Escambia County sheriff’s deputies in his own front yard, Roy Middleton only had one question: Why?This story has been updated. Please click here for the updated version, in which Middleton's mother says the sheriff's office has "some explaining to do" and the deputies reported that the man 'lunged' from a car before he was shot.
Middleton, 60, of the 200 block of Shadow Lawn Lane in Warrington, was shot in the leg about 2:42 a.m. Saturday while trying to retrieve a cigarette from his mother’s car in the driveway of their home.
A neighbor saw someone reaching into the car and called 911. While he was looking into the vehicle, deputies arrived in response to the burglary call.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130728...ot-at-man-in-his-yard?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

Since he survived, they will eventually settle for $1 million. They should chop off the hands of the stupid ass trigger happy pigs.

I'm not going to come up with a conclusion yet since I wasn't there. It will be interesting to see what happens. I do have a thought though about police in general. We currently live in a country where adolescence has been stretched out to around the mid 30's. I have dealt with many younger police officers where maturity certainly seemed lacking. In Las Vegas, I lived in a predominately black neighborhood so I would often be stopped by cops who saw me walking or driving down the street because they saw a white guy in a black neighborhood and assumed that I was there to buy crack. I actually didn't mind this too much since my neighborhood did have a crack/gang/prostitution/murder problem. What I objected to was the attitude. The police (mainly young men) were physically and verbally abusive and obviously on some sort of power trip. This is what's known as immaturity. If I had my way I would develop a better psych test for people who want to be cops.
I don't know if this story is really connected to my point about my personal experiences with cops but it was the first thought that entered my mind when I read this story.

The bullies in high school go into law enforcement so that they can continue to bully people around, just legally. There are good cops out there, but there are a lot more bad apples than you would think there should be.

The bullies in high school go into law enforcement so that they can continue to bully people around, just legally. There are good cops out there, but there are a lot more bad apples than you would think there should be.

agreed.

Screw that. Fire the pig, drag him into civil court and take every penny he and his family have - house, home, savings, checking and let them beg in the streets. Put dog shit in his mailbox every day.

ALL cop recruits should be screened by the NAACP before being hired! Wouldn't that be something?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q23yeIQh00]72 Year Old Man Shot Dead By Cops In His Own Garage - YouTube[/ame]

My sympathies! But the NAACP is one of the most INTEGRATED organizations in America.
Ben Jealous might be the leader but there are many white staff members and contributors. Perhaos if the cop who shot this amiable old man had been screened by the NAACP this homicide would ot have occurred. BTW, was the cop black or white? Anyone know?

Last edited:
ALL cop recruits should be screened by the NAACP before being hired! Wouldn't that be something?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q23yeIQh00]72 Year Old Man Shot Dead By Cops In His Own Garage - YouTube[/ame]

My sympathies! But the NAACP is one of the most INTEGRATED organizations in America.
Ben Jealous might be the leader but there are many white staff members and contributors. Perhaos if the cop who shot this amiable old man had been screened by the NAACP this homicide would ot have occurred. BTW, was the cop black or white? Anyone know?

What do you mean by MANY staff members of the NAACP being white? four? Nine?
I don't really care how many folks are white though in the NAACP. They are a liberal organization so the ideas in the NAACP are hardly diverse, integrated or unchallenged by other african-americans.
It would be as if I suggested that cops be screened by the NRA. What we need are politically neutral screeners or nobody is going to be happy.

Last edited:

I don't really care how many folks are white though in the NAACP. They are a liberal organization so the ideas in the NAACP are hardly diverse, integrated or unchallenged by other african-americans.
It would be as if I suggested that cops be screened by the NRA. What we need are politically neutral screeners or nobody is going to be happy.

Your doubts about the diversity of the NAACP are well noted. Maybe ought to join up and get some real live experience with them. Stop guessing! Go down and see what they are all about... You might be suprised about how wrong you are. From my perspective, the NAACP is NOT a liberal organization. The membership is just about as conservative as anyone in America. You won't find gangsta rappers among them...you won't find drugs and foul mouthed idiots there. What you will find are law abiding God fearing citizens
who have the audacity to use their brains to addresst the racial tyranny that has plagued people of color for so long in this country!

Last edited:

Your doubts about the diversity of the NAACP are well noted. Maybe ought to join up and get some real live experience with them. Stop guessing! Go down and see what they are all about... You might be suprised about how wrong you are. From my perspective, the NAACP is NOT a liberal organization. The membership is just about as conservative as anyone in America. You won't find gangsta rappers among them...you won't find drugs and foul mouthed idiots there. What you will find are law abiding God fearing citizens
who have the audacity to use their brains to addresst the racial tyranny that has plagued people of color for so long in this country!

I asked you if you knew how many white people were in the NAACP since you were the one who brought it up. I thought you might have had some statistic you could share with the class. If not, then I guess I'll just keep guessing since I personally couldn't find any information to back up your assertion.
I also agree with you. I would never assume that I would find gangsta rappers, drugs or foul mouthed idiots in the NAACP. Just liberals. I simply think that any organization with obvious political leanings would not be appropriate to screen police officers. Not unless you want the whole screening process to be politicized.

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2013/07/18/commentary-the-hypocrisy-of-the-naacp.html

Forum List

Back