BLM founder sentenced to 6 years for illegally voting.

There is no way any Probation Board is going to say anything to a client without checking on the Probation Officer.
For example, the Probation Officer can shorten or lengthen the probation period, depending on good behavior or rules violations.

Okay, so they screwed up. If she had any questions (which she should have) that has to be addressed by her lawyer. In fact that should have been the first person she called.

So where is this evidence that they clearly did check the records? You make things up as you go along, don't you?

The article says that the laws in each state and each case are complex.
I know that is true from my research in other states.
So then how could they possibly have not checked?

According to my link from the NYT it stated the judge told her that she went to the probation office and told them she was no longer on probation and somebody there took her word for it and didn't look into the matter. Plus I'm sure she didn't go into court by herself when she was sentenced to 7 years probation. She had to have had a lawyer which she should have contacted first.

It is still an overly harsh sentence, imo.

Okay, so they screwed up. If she had any questions (which she should have) that has to be addressed by her lawyer. In fact that should have been the first person she called.

That is foolish.
Almost no one can afford lawyers these days.
She might have had a court appointed one originally, but not any more.

Yes, judges are all pretty much corrupt, or else police who murder Blacks would be in prison, there would no War on Drugs, no mandatory sentences, no asset forfeiture, no federal gun laws, etc.
Clearly the whole legal system is VERY corrupt.
It is out to make a profit, and is a cushy job for the wealthy elite.

That's only your opinion. This judge is corrupt, and you know that how? What research did you do on him?

Police are only found not guilty when they used deadly force in accordance with the law. The problem is you people don't know our laws or disagree with them.

It is still an overly harsh sentence, imo.

That's what probation is all about. You can avoid jail IF you don't' do anything illegal during that time. If you do, you have to serve your original sentence.

Judges don't like to send people to prison and make criminals out of them. Probation is a gift of sorts so they can avoid doing that. The harsh sentence is not because she tried to register to vote, her harsh sentence is because she broke the law while on probation.

That is foolish.
Almost no one can afford lawyers these days.
She might have had a court appointed one originally, but not any more.

I don't know her financial situation. What I do know is if I have any questions about the law, that's who I'm contacting no matter what it costs me.

Wrong.
No sane person would assume any country would be so corrupt and evil that they would prevent those on probation, from voting.
She clearly asked the voting people and the probation people for advice, and they both told her the wrong stuff.
She could not know the letter was incorrect, because it depends on state law, judicial orders, etc.
You're lying again, Pinocchio. :eusa_liar:

She knew she was still on probation. Being on probation means she had to check in with her parole officer at regular intervals. She went to register to vote knowing she was still on probation but hoped she could get away with it because someone at the probation office made a mistake. She was only about 4 years into her 7 year probationary period. She had voted routinely even though she was a convicted felon and she was convicted in the past tampering with evidence and forgery. She is not a victim here. The prosecution presented evidence that she knew she was on probation and the judge called her out on it.

That is just a lie.
There is NO WAY you can TELL a probation board that you are no longer on probation, and no one claims that is what she did.
When you are on probation, the Probation Board monitors you, and TELLS you if you are still on probation or not.
You do not get to tell them.
They checked the records and simply screwed up somehow.
And despite being told she was no longer on probation, she knew she was. She had only served 4 out of 7 years of her probationary sentence.

And are you trying to claim that most judges are not biased by race and political association?
Not only is the judge obviously wrong, but so is any attempt to prevent any tax payer from voting.
That is inherently criminal.
Provide proof

Your BS makes my computer screen smell.

Moses knew what probation rules were and how long her sentence was. If she can't do simple math
whose fault is that? If she got bad information then it's on her to verify what someone told her is true.

The BLM criminal will have six years to figure out what went wrong. Appeal the judges sentence if
she's certain she should have been let out her probation conditions when in actuality she should not have
been. Deal with it, fucking asshole!
I believe they are told what they can and can’t do. Where to be and avoid criminal behavior, not to hang with criminals. All explained when they are released.

I heard somewhere there is no such thing as illegal votes.

First, not surprising, you lie.
No one voted.

AND

You're happy because some officials screwed up and an innocent was convicted of a crime because of it?

Get help.

Start with the lying.

No one voted.

AND

You're happy because some officials screwed up and an innocent was convicted of a crime because of it?

Get help.

Start with the lying.
Wow, insane

No one voted.

AND

Get help.

Start with the lying.

Innocent people don't end up on probation for seven years. Innocent people don't try to scam the system and lie to authorities.

That's only your opinion. This judge is corrupt, and you know that how? What research did you do on him?

Police are only found not guilty when they used deadly force in accordance with the law. The problem is you people don't know our laws or disagree with them.

Easy to see this judge has to be totally corrupt and evil.
The point of law is ONLY to protect individual rights.
And this woman harmed NO ONE.
So any sentence at all is totally and completely inappropriate.

And no, it is not just "my opinion" that the War on Drugs, mandatory sentences, asset forfeiture, etc., are illegal.
If it was legal to criminalize drugs, then why was that not done until the 1914 Harrison Act?
Why did the Founders not criminalize drugs, even though opium abuse was a huge problem even before the American Revolution?
Mandatory sentences are clearly illegal because it denies a fair trial, where judges are allowed discretion based on individual mitigating circumstances.
In effect, they allow prosecutors to fix sentences, by what they charge people with.
And that is incredibly corrupt.
And I should not even have to explain why asset forfeiture is illegal, corrupt, and totally destroys any impartiality the court may have had.

And despite being told she was no longer on probation, she knew she was. She had only served 4 out of 7 years of her probationary sentence.

WRONG!
Just like served sentences are shortened by good behavior, so are probation sentences.
They told her she could vote, she did not tell them that.

Forum List

Back