Blue Privilege! Cop essentially rapes woman gets 6 months to serve WHEN HE WANTS TO!

Fired AL State Trooper to serve sexual misconduct sentence at own discretion

Wow! Talk about a BS "justice" system. This woman will probably never trust a cop again. Disgusting all because he is a cop.

I'm a bit confused. There must be something else going on. There had to be. Why would the woman accept such a lame sentence? She easily has a massive lawsuit. Even a criminal suit, if she can prove it.

There is something more to the story, that we don't know. Has to be. Perhaps the 'restitution' was a massive chunk of money, and the woman agreed to it.

He has to serve 182 days within the next 12 months.

It is disgusting. But....is it really surprising? Our courts are SOFT ON CRIMINALS FOLKS.

When a cop gets off easy.....and we demand "they should get treated just like the rest of us"....well....they are. That's the problem....our courts are so soft on crime.

Now...factor in you can't be a cop if you have a rap sheet and it makes it more lenient. Why? That means when a cop is sentenced....they are almost always "first time offenders"....and our courts are even softer on first time offenders.

The final twist would be saying a court should punish a first time offender far more severely because he is a cop. Well...that would violate the Constitution because you can't punish someone more harshly than another because of their career.

It is what it is.

But I definitely support harsher sentences for 1st time offenders. They always get off easy.

It is disgusting. But....is it really surprising? Our courts are SOFT ON CRIMINALS FOLKS.

When a cop gets off easy.....and we demand "they should get treated just like the rest of us"....well....they are. That's the problem....our courts are so soft on crime.

Now...factor in you can't be a cop if you have a rap sheet and it makes it more lenient. Why? That means when a cop is sentenced....they are almost always "first time offenders"....and our courts are even softer on first time offenders.

The final twist would be saying a court should punish a first time offender far more severely because he is a cop. Well...that would violate the Constitution because you can't punish someone more harshly than another because of their career.

It is what it is.

But I definitely support harsher sentences for 1st time offenders. They always get off easy.

Agree completely. Honestly, they are lucky I'm not in charge. Mandatory death penalty for DNA proven rape. Tell you what... I'd clean house pretty quick. But that's our society. Can't punish anyone for anything.

It is what it is.

Agree completely. Honestly, they are lucky I'm not in charge. Mandatory death penalty for DNA proven rape. Tell you what... I'd clean house pretty quick. But that's our society. Can't punish anyone for anything.

Yep. Sure is a shame.

And that's why people are always mad that cops who get charged get off easy. But they're almost always first time offenders and the courts treat them as such.

1st time offenders always get off easy it seems for any crime other than murder.

To me, his badge should be taken from him and never given back if that isn't going to be done to him.

God bless you and his victim(s) always!!!

Holly

Particularly cop criminals. There is a different standard of justice for government agents and the people have taken notice of this.

To me, his badge should be taken from him and never given back if that isn't going to be done to him.

Holly
Just take his badge away? For rape? You can't be serious.
Why should he be allowed to keep it when he is guilty of something as serious as rape?

Holly

Holly
Why should he be allowed to keep it when he is guilty of something as serious as rape?

Holly

No, I meant the only punishment would be to take away his badge? That's ALL you would do to him for rape? He should be hanging from a noose.

Fired AL State Trooper to serve sexual misconduct sentence at own discretion

Wow! Talk about a BS "justice" system. This woman will probably never trust a cop again. Disgusting all because he is a cop.

I'm a bit confused. There must be something else going on. There had to be. Why would the woman accept such a lame sentence? She easily has a massive lawsuit. Even a criminal suit, if she can prove it.

There is something more to the story, that we don't know. Has to be. Perhaps the 'restitution' was a massive chunk of money, and the woman agreed to it.
I agree there is something very suspicious about this story.

This cop obviously was convicted or there would not be any punishment administered. But what he was charged with, rape by coercive threat, calls for a three year sentence at the very least.

He was accused of rape, not convicted of rape.

He was convicted of sexual misconduct, which is a class A misdemeanor in Alabama carrying a maximum sentence of one year in jail.

Holly

Holly
Respectfully.

He should lose the badge.

What troubles me is he used that badge in the commission of a crime.

The courts should have made an example of him as a deterrent to others who use authority for their own gratification.

Holly

Holly
Respectfully.

He should lose the badge.

What troubles me is he used that badge in the commission of a crime.

The courts should have made an example of him as a deterrent to others who use authority for their own gratification.

I don't think "making an example" of people works real well. Evidence suggests that if you over penalize one individual, the result is that more people end up willing to cover for violations to avoid "being made an example of".

We need just one flat penalty, that is given to everyone for that particular crime.

Holly

Holly

No, I meant the only punishment would be to take away his badge? That's ALL you would do to him for rape? He should be hanging from a noose.
Sorry. What I meant earlier is that to me, his badge should be taken from him on top of what punishment has already been given to him.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. A good kicking where it hurts in my opinion would complete the picture.

He was accused of rape, not convicted of rape.

He was convicted of sexual misconduct, which is a class A misdemeanor in Alabama carrying a maximum sentence of one year in jail.
Very strange.

The article I read reports he was charged with forcing the woman to perform oral sex on him, which in every state I'm aware of involves penetration and is therefore categorical rape because it was done under duress (coercive threat). And if he's been convicted of that crime the sentence is a comparative slap on the wrist. Any ordinary citizen would be facing at least three years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back