Blue Shield of California, did WHAT

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
"Blue Shield of California says its aim is "to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at an affordable price" - and apparently that includes spending no less than $2.5 million for a luxury box at Levi's Stadium."

"Given that Blue Shield is a not-for-profit organization, one might wonder how such high-rolling fandom fits into its mission statement."

'"The primary purpose (of the luxury box) is to interact socially with some of our larger membership groups," said Blue Shield spokesman Sean Barry.'"

He declined to name any of Blue Shield's clients who will be feted at the suite - located in the tower on the stadium's west side - or say how much the health insurer is actually spending for it.

"We can tell you, however, that suites in that location are priced at between $250,000 and $400,000 a year and require a 10- or 20-year commitment. That puts the price at anywhere from $2.5 million to $8 million."

I wonder if Blue Shield has death panels created to pay for this expenditure?

See: Blue Shield to fete some members in style at new stadium - SFGate

They can afford all kinds of perks now that they have captive customers.

"Blue Shield of California says its aim is "to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at an affordable price" - and apparently that includes spending no less than $2.5 million for a luxury box at Levi's Stadium."

"Given that Blue Shield is a not-for-profit organization, one might wonder how such high-rolling fandom fits into its mission statement."

'"The primary purpose (of the luxury box) is to interact socially with some of our larger membership groups," said Blue Shield spokesman Sean Barry.'"

He declined to name any of Blue Shield's clients who will be feted at the suite - located in the tower on the stadium's west side - or say how much the health insurer is actually spending for it.

"We can tell you, however, that suites in that location are priced at between $250,000 and $400,000 a year and require a 10- or 20-year commitment. That puts the price at anywhere from $2.5 million to $8 million."

I wonder if Blue Shield has death panels created to pay for this expenditure?

See: Blue Shield to fete some members in style at new stadium - SFGate
i have had them since around 95.....they unlike Kaiser,who i had before them,have never,and i mean never,have turned us down for any thing the Doctors wanted for my wife who is an epileptic....Kaiser was just like the stories you hear......BS even let my wife keep $10,000 out of a $15,000 payment made to them from another ins company for reimbursements due them from a car accident she was in.....till this day they have covered everything or made it very affordable for me.....

i have had them since around 95.....they unlike Kaiser,who i had before them,have never,and i mean never,have turned us down for any thing the Doctors wanted for my wife who is an epileptic....Kaiser was just like the stories you hear......BS even let my wife keep $10,000 out of a $15,000 payment made to them from another ins company for reimbursements due them from a car accident she was in.....till this day they have covered everything or made it very affordable for me.....

I have had to argue with them over multiple medications and a PET scan since I got stuck with them, but keep pretending they care about you if it makes you feel good.

I have had to argue with them over multiple medications and a PET scan since I got stuck with them, but keep pretending they care about you if it makes you feel good.
if they have never stood in my way.....should i think they suck?....Kaiser stood in my way.....just about every time....they suck...i never said they cared about me....but they sure as hell havent made any waves with me.....until then.....i have no complaints with them.....

You think an insurance company cares about you?

They care about how much they can soak you for and, thanks to the black guy you hate, that amount is substantially less now.

They care about how much they can soak you for and, thanks to the black guy you hate, that amount is substantially less now.

Thanks for proving you don't read the post you are responding to in addition to the things you are using to start threads, I guess that means you don't read anything.

Plus, luxury box seats for sports fans! Go team!!!

Thanks for proving you don't read the post you are responding to in addition to the things you are using to start threads, I guess that means you don't read anything.
luddy dont read shit....he just jumps in and starts talking and if he feels you are a "righty".....then of course whatever you are talking about.....you have to be wrong...

Forum List

Back