Bull Ring @ Bluzman61: Get in the ring

Ah well. Feel free to start a thread if you like, toobs. I wasn't particularly interested in debating gun rights, to be honest. It was just a convenient placeholder for setting the table, so to speak. In fact, my interpretation of the 2nd would likely come as quite a surprise to some folks on here.

To be clear, I have a tremendous distaste for political hypocrisy and an even greater distaste for intellectual dishonesty among politicos. Had Bluz and I progressed in our little pow wow, the pieces of the puzzle would have fell into place and the hypocrisy would have been undeniable to any casual passers-by.

At the end of the day it simply isn't wise to toss around stones in glass houses.
Nor am I interested. I was just trying to clarify a few points. But I agree, as a logician and chessman, I can see exactly where the debate would have ended. To be fair, yes, what Trump said came in support of red flag laws, but Trump has a bad habit of expressing himself poorly. Based on his past support of gun rights, I'd guess that if pressed farther, he would clarify that red flag laws are a work in progress started with good intentions but with much flawed execution in need of further work.

A person reporting a person as a threat to himself or others should start an investigation of the person with questions made of BOTH parties, and a determination made from that, not just a flat out confiscation, and with both the accused having the right to both petition the court to return his guns pending a hearing as well as redress of the charges by suing the accuser if it can be shown the accusations were made without grounds and with malice (intent to harm). Or something like that.

We want to try to provide a mechanism for protecting the public where possible, but not by the blind trampling of other people's rights.

Nor am I interested. I was just trying to clarify a few points. But I agree, as a logician and chessman, I can see exactly where the debate would have ended. To be fair, yes, what Trump said came in support of red flag laws, but Trump has a bad habit of expressing himself poorly. Based on his past support of gun rights, I'd guess that if pressed farther, he would clarify that red flag laws are a work in progress started with good intentions but with much flawed execution in need of further work.

A person reporting a person as a threat to himself or others should start an investigation of the person with questions made of BOTH parties, and a determination made from that, not just a flat out confiscation, and with both the accused having the right to both petition the court to return his guns pending a hearing as well as redress of the charges by suing the accuser if it can be shown the accusations were made without grounds and with malice (intent to harm). Or something like that.

We want to try to provide a mechanism for protecting the public where possible, but not by the blind trampling of other people's rights.

Best to start a new thread. The match is over.

Knockout in the first round.
All he did was cry "fake news" too lol.
Well done NC. As usual.

THANK you, Harley! Thank YOU very much!

Alright, then. I'm exiting the ring now. I'm gonna go make some of them easy oat banana pancakes.

Hit the music...

"If you're afraid of dying, and you're holdin' on, you'll see devils tearin' your life away. ...

Jacobs Ladder

Did you just know that?
Have you seen it?
Did you google it and it gave you the answer?

Didn't google it...I knew it...I saw the movie like a million years ago but that line touched me. Never forgot it.

Kind of like...

"words...in my not so humble opinion...are our most inexhaustible source of power...capable of both inflicting injury...and remedying it".

What movie?

"If you're afraid of dying, and you're holdin' on, you'll see devils tearin' your life away. ...

Jacobs Ladder

Did you just know that?
Have you seen it?

Didn't google it...I knew it...I saw the movie like a million years ago but that line touched me. Never forgot it.

Kind of like...

"words...in my not so humble opinion...are our most inexhaustible source of power...capable of both inflicting injury...and remedying it".

What movie?
Good question, Thunk, I have NO idea. If I had to guess, Dead Poets Society perhaps?

Last edited:

Jacobs Ladder

Did you just know that?
Have you seen it?

Kind of like...

What movie?

No Idea.
I don't follow that "Harry Potter" stuff.

It was in the last hour of the final harry potter movie .

Now here's a line from a comic book that I read when I was 17...take a guess.

"Think you this Norin Radd...he who observes the mantle of the herrald of Galactus shall do so FOREVER MORE"!

That was another line that stuck with me for some unknown reason :dunno:

No Idea.
I don't follow that "Harry Potter" stuff.

Neither did I until about a year ago. Maybe 2.

I found that is the most well written story I have ever seen! Better than the hobbit or the lord of the rings. Better than star wars...but you have to get to the very end of the last movie to figure that out.

A perfect balance of comedy, serious danger & mystery, plot changes, and coolness throughout. Totally fresh ideas.

Subtle humor like when the prof lifted the lid on the love potion he was brewing & the 4 girls in the front row of the class had this glazed look on their face (like they were watching the most breatiful man in the world)...then he put the lid back on & they snapped out of it :)

And the battle at the end...parents & alumni came back to the school and were standing shoulder to shoulder with their own kids & the teachers...people dying on both sides...half the campus was in smoldering ruins...it went from a kids movie to being very VERY dark!

I strongly suggest it!

Most were afraid to even mention the dark lords name (voldimort)...but to call him "tom" (his human name) was a guarantee he would kill you.

Harry had had ENOUGH! and he steps right up to voldimort and says "C'mon Tom...lets end this the way we started it...TOGETHER".

And he wraps his arms around voldimorts neck & pushes them both off the top of the castle...WOW! JUST WOW!

(don't worry...that wasn't the end...I didn't spoil it for you) :)

And BTW bluzman61 Trump wasnt taken out of context. He was referring to red flag laws. The context couldnt have been better.
Your unmitigated support for Trump is nauseating. It shows a complete lack of integrity.
I think Trump backtracked on what he said in that video after talking with some of his NRA buddies. I could be wrong though. I'm too lazy to do a search.

FYI: Here are the guidelines which many have violated. This is pretty common and very frustrating as it is difficult to follow the line of reasoning of the debaters. I realize I am violating them by posting this, for which I apologize.

The Bull Ring Rules and Guidelines

+ONLY the participants are allowed to debate/participate/comment in the thread (members can "like" rebuttals/arguments and neg/pos rep debater(s) ~ 2/48 will still apply~ )

+Debaters determine terms and/or rules of debate i.e debate can be ongoing or close on a certain day or time etc.

+3 Judges will be appointed and agreed upon by the participants (optional). Judges will determine the winner of the debate at it's closing and post results in the Bull Ring Discussion and Call-Out Forum

+After debate is finished the thread will be closed (applies only to debates that have a time frame attached. Participant(s) will contact staff to close thread )

+Member/Team Challenges will be made via PM or the appropriate forum (see below)

+Discussions on past, present and future debates will be made in the appropriate forum (see below)

+Outside of participating members, the Bull Ring is READ-ONLY. Failure to comply will result in non-participating members being removed from the Bull Ring (Forum will no longer be visible to member)

FYI: Here are the guidelines which many have violated. This is pretty common and very frustrating as it is difficult to follow the line of reasoning of the debaters. I realize I am violating them by posting this, for which I apologize.

The Bull Ring Rules and Guidelines

+ONLY the participants are allowed to debate/participate/comment in the thread (members can "like" rebuttals/arguments and neg/pos rep debater(s) ~ 2/48 will still apply~ )

+Debaters determine terms and/or rules of debate i.e debate can be ongoing or close on a certain day or time etc.

+3 Judges will be appointed and agreed upon by the participants (optional). Judges will determine the winner of the debate at it's closing and post results in the Bull Ring Discussion and Call-Out Forum

+After debate is finished the thread will be closed (applies only to debates that have a time frame attached. Participant(s) will contact staff to close thread )

+Member/Team Challenges will be made via PM or the appropriate forum (see below)

+Discussions on past, present and future debates will be made in the appropriate forum (see below)

+Outside of participating members, the Bull Ring is READ-ONLY. Failure to comply will result in non-participating members being removed from the Bull Ring (Forum will no longer be visible to member)
It's VERY strange that this thread hasn't been closed. Hey, mods, do you realize this?

1600218780765.png

Forum List

Back