Body of Christ

If you do not have The Body of Christ in you, if you do not eat his flesh and drink his blood - receive his teaching and act accordingly - you cannot have the life promised by God for obedience to his law in you.
What a nauseating, arrogant threat. Really ,truly vile and embarrassing.

lol... What threat? A threat to your derision? A threat to your comfortability with darkness and confusion?

Thats a shame.

To others it is the answer that they have been waiting for and the fulfillment of a lifetime of fruitless efforts to make rational sense of and understand the teachings of Jesus in a way that conforms to and can be confirmed by reality which vindicates their faith in a loving and benevolent God and fulfills the promises made in both the Old and New testaments.
Of course it was a threat....a ridiculous, magical bullshit threat, sure, bit abthreat nonetheless. Throw your little fit all you like...if you don't want to be called.out, then don't make nasty, nauseating little threats, shaman.

Forget "reading" it. Try studying it.
And yet, two people studying it can come to two different conclusions. That's the problem with all of this magical nonsense...you have no methods of discerning truth from falsity.
Anybody who does a search on Corinthians will find they were Greek Pagans who read a lot of books and became really smart. Once they received their doctorate, they had a chance to be voted a demigod after their death.

Christians came in and asked what they need all that learnin for? All you have to do is eat this wafer and pretend it's the body of Christ, agree to our morals, and you too can work your way up the pyramid scheme to become a fucking god. That's a hell of a better deal than a vote to become a demigod after your death. Oh and btw, pay us 10% of your earnings.

I like to believe the Corinthians paid the tax to get rid of Paul but the odds are that some took the easy way for that chance to become a god. That may have been the first tax on stupidity. Nah.

If you do not have The Body of Christ in you, if you do not eat his flesh and drink his blood - receive his teaching and act accordingly - you cannot have the life promised by God for obedience to his law in you.
And totally misleading.

Let me see if I can break this down for you.

You don't believe that God exists, so you don't believe that it is possible that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth.

So since you don't believe it is possible that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth, you don't believe it is possible for God to manifest himself into the Host.

And since you don't believe that it is possible for God to manifest himself into the Host, God will never manifest himself into the Host for you, and you will never be able to experience Him firsthand for yourself.

And since you will never be able to experience Him firsthand for yourself, you will never be able to prove to yourself that it is true.

But you will continue to insult, criticize and question the veracity of those that have.

The U.S. is a religious nation. The U.S. is also the most violent nation in the world. Christians deny this correlation with alternative facts, but in reality, Christians put their god before country with morals of convenience. Christians deny any responsibility for the state of the union and instead blame powerless minorities.

There is no way to reason with a Christian. They were given all the answers to mystery and believe by eating the flesh of Jesus, they themselves become god.

Let us rejoice then and give thanks that we have become not only Christians, but Christ himself.
I don't believe you have taken a balanced view of history. I would have to say that Russia and China far suppressed our violence when they murdered 100 to 200 million people in the 20th century.

The reality is that there has never been a superpower in the history of the world that has been less nationalistic, imperialistic or aggressive towards other nations than the United States. We literally had the power to achieve world conquest but never did so. We were the only ones with the bomb for several years and we did not take over the world.

Not only were we the reason for defeating Germany - another Christian nation - but we rebuilt Europe and Japan afterwards.

As for the domestic violence, we have a melting pot of cultures, clashes are inevitable. I don't think you want me to throw out the statistics which show how race has skewed our numbers, do you?

There is no way to reason with a Christian. They were given all the answers to mystery and believe by eating the flesh of Jesus, they themselves become god.

Let us rejoice then and give thanks that we have become not only Christians, but Christ himself.

Could you build a bigger strawman to knock down?

I guess it is easier for you to do that than to engage in serious discussion, right?

Forget "reading" it. Try studying it.
And yet, two people studying it can come to two different conclusions. That's the problem with all of this magical nonsense...you have no methods of discerning truth from falsity.
The fact that you call the force which binds us all together magical nonsense tells me that you are not in touch with reality.

Before you can understand the words in the book, you literally have to first have a notional belief that there is more to reality than the material world. Only then will you seek to understand in earnest what the wisdom teaches. Until then you will mock what you do not understand.

lol... What threat? A threat to your derision? A threat to your comfortability with darkness and confusion?

Thats a shame.

To others it is the answer that they have been waiting for and the fulfillment of a lifetime of fruitless efforts to make rational sense of and understand the teachings of Jesus in a way that conforms to and can be confirmed by reality which vindicates their faith in a loving and benevolent God and fulfills the promises made in both the Old and New testaments.
Of course it was a threat....a ridiculous, magical bullshit threat, sure, bit abthreat nonetheless. Throw your little fit all you like...if you don't want to be called.out, then don't make nasty, nauseating little threats, shaman.

The only thing being threatened by a simple explanation for the metaphors in a fairy tale is your relevance.

The more you insist that the stories are all about magical bullshit that no one is capable of grasping the more ridiculous you look.

The only thing being threatened by a simple explanation for the metaphors in a fairy tale is your relevance.
Of course, as anyone can read for themselves, I was not referring to your overwrought, vapid, authoritative declarations of the meaning of the metaphors and allegory in the Bible. I was quite clearly referring to the ultimatum you posted, as reflected by the fact that I quoted it and then commented on it. Please pay attention, so that you don't waste others' time.

Of course, as anyone can read for themselves, I was not referring to your overwrought, vapid, authoritative declarations of the meaning of the metaphors and allegory in the Bible. I was quite clearly referring to the ultimatum you posted, as reflected by the fact that I quoted it and then commented on it. Please pay attention, so that you don't waste others' time.

Oh cut the horseshit.

You felt threatened, lol, even though there was no ultimatum.. It was a statement of fact. If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding. Simple. Does that frighten you coming from a crazy shaman? Pft.

I thought you weren't a believer....lol

And like I said the only reason that you felt threatened is because you and your magical bullshit arguments have become irrelevant by a simple revelation of truth. All of your points have been rendered moot. Even stupid.

There are many species of talking serpents at work in the world. Some read scripture call it supernatural stories that have to be taken literally and believed. Other species read scripture call it magical bullshit that has no literal or hidden significance and must be dismissed.

Either way, whichever species, I know all of your ways. Your sorcery has absolutely no effect on me.

The more obstinate you become the greater your discomfit will be.. Thats not a threat, that's a promise.

Last edited:
The U.S. is a religious nation. The U.S. is also the most violent nation in the world. Christians deny this correlation with alternative facts, but in reality, Christians put their god before country with morals of convenience. Christians deny any responsibility for the state of the union and instead blame powerless minorities.

I don't believe you have taken a balanced view of history. I would have to say that Russia and China far suppressed our violence when they murdered 100 to 200 million people in the 20th century.

The reality is that there has never been a superpower in the history of the world that has been less nationalistic, imperialistic or aggressive towards other nations than the United States. We literally had the power to achieve world conquest but never did so. We were the only ones with the bomb for several years and we did not take over the world.

Not only were we the reason for defeating Germany - another Christian nation - but we rebuilt Europe and Japan afterwards.

As for the domestic violence, we have a melting pot of cultures, clashes are inevitable. I don't think you want me to throw out the statistics which show how race has skewed our numbers, do you?
You still haven't given me your short list on all the good Christianity has done. I may be able to help you. The Corinthians were old money so by nature it turned into a service industry. The Christians came in as a service industry union and charged the Corinthians a 10% tax to keep the status quo.

An argument can be made that a service industry union did some good.

You felt threatened, lo
Of course I'd did not feel threatened by your hilarious,magical nonsense, anymore than I would feel threatened if a voodoo priest told me he made a doll in my likeness.

Nevertheless,you made the threat. And boy oh boy was it arrogant and stupid.

You still haven't given me your short list on all the good Christianity has done. I may be able to help you. The Corinthians were old money so by nature it turned into a service industry. The Christians came in as a service industry union and charged the Corinthians a 10% tax to keep the status quo.

Christianity promotes the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness, humility, chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience and kindness.

Christianity creates wonderful charities and organizations

Christians and Christian institutions are usually the first source of literacy, education, and healthcare in the poorer regions.

Christianity has been the source of abundant human services from hospitals, orphanages, nursing homes, and schools, to advocacy on behalf of those with no voice, to supporting cultural outreaches, and seeking always to find ways in which to protect and promote human life and its authentic flourishing.

Christianity gave us the concept of subsidiarity.

Christianity has done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility.

Christianity teaches accountability and responsibility.

Christianity teaches that we have a choice in how we behave.

Christianity teaches that actions have consequences.

Christianity inspires a sense of wonder in nature and the universe.

Christianity helps us feel connected to one another and to nature.

Christianity helps us feel less alone in the world.

Christianity serves to ennoble the human spirit.

Christianity serves to bind the community together.

Christianity inspires love, peace and happiness.

Christianity serves to create traditions.

Christianity brings order to our lives.

Christianity brings comfort to the terminally ill.

Christianity can act as a source of hope for the oppressed.

Christianity teaches that we can transform ourselves.

Christian values were the foundation which Western Civilization was built upon.

No other institution played a greater role in shaping Western Civilization than the Catholic Church.

Modern science was born in the Catholic Church.

Catholic priests developed the idea of free-market.

The Catholic Church invented the university.

Western law grew out of Church canon law.

The Catholic Church humanized the West by insisting on the sacredness of all human life.

The Church constantly sought to alleviate the evils of slavery and repeatedly denounced the mass enslavement of conquered populations and the infamous slave trade, thereby undermining slavery at its sources.

Christianity gave us great thinkers, leaders and humanitarians.

Christianity gave us America.

Christianity gave us incredible artwork.

Christianity gave us incredible music.

Christianity gave us incredible architecture.

Christianity has spread democracy.

Christians fought other Christians in WWII to end their aggression.

Christians rebuilt Europe after WWII.

Christians rebuilt Japan after WWII.

Christians put a man on the moon.

Christians ended the cold war.

Christianity promotes the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness, humility, chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience and kindness.

Christians and Christian institutions are usually the first source of literacy, education, and healthcare in the poorer regions.

Christianity has been the source of abundant human services from hospitals, orphanages, nursing homes, and schools, to advocacy on behalf of those with no voice, to supporting cultural outreaches, and seeking always to find ways in which to protect and promote human life and its authentic flourishing.

Christianity has done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility.

No other institution played a greater role in shaping Western Civilization than the Catholic Church.

The Catholic Church humanized the West by insisting on the sacredness of all human life.

The Church constantly sought to alleviate the evils of slavery and repeatedly denounced the mass enslavement of conquered populations and the infamous slave trade, thereby undermining slavery at its sources.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ MASSIVE LOAD OF CRAP ALERT!!!!!

That should be your siggie.

I had to warn him, you had found fresh meat. :biggrin:

Let's work through the list one by one. Fair enough?

That's not one by one, that all at once.

That's not one by one, that all at once.
I know, pick one and then we can start crossing them off the list.

Forum List

Back