Body of Christ

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ MASSIVE LOAD OF CRAP ALERT!!!!!
That should be your siggie.
I had to warn him, you had found fresh meat. :biggrin:
Let's work through the list one by one. Fair enough?

Christianity promotes the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness, humility, chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience and kindness.

Christianity creates wonderful charities and organizations

Christians and Christian institutions are usually the first source of literacy, education, and healthcare in the poorer regions.

Christianity has been the source of abundant human services from hospitals, orphanages, nursing homes, and schools, to advocacy on behalf of those with no voice, to supporting cultural outreaches, and seeking always to find ways in which to protect and promote human life and its authentic flourishing.

Christianity gave us the concept of subsidiarity.

Christianity has done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility.

Christianity teaches accountability and responsibility.

Christianity teaches that we have a choice in how we behave.

Christianity teaches that actions have consequences.

Christianity inspires a sense of wonder in nature and the universe.

Christianity helps us feel connected to one another and to nature.

Christianity helps us feel less alone in the world.

Christianity serves to ennoble the human spirit.

Christianity serves to bind the community together.

Christianity inspires love, peace and happiness.

Christianity serves to create traditions.

Christianity brings order to our lives.

Christianity brings comfort to the terminally ill.

Christianity can act as a source of hope for the oppressed.

Christianity teaches that we can transform ourselves.

Christian values were the foundation which Western Civilization was built upon.

No other institution played a greater role in shaping Western Civilization than the Catholic Church.

Modern science was born in the Catholic Church.

Catholic priests developed the idea of free-market.

The Catholic Church invented the university.

Western law grew out of Church canon law.

The Catholic Church humanized the West by insisting on the sacredness of all human life.

The Church constantly sought to alleviate the evils of slavery and repeatedly denounced the mass enslavement of conquered populations and the infamous slave trade, thereby undermining slavery at its sources.

Christianity gave us great thinkers, leaders and humanitarians.

Christianity gave us America.

Christianity gave us incredible artwork.

Christianity gave us incredible music.

Christianity gave us incredible architecture.

Christianity has spread democracy.

Christians fought other Christians in WWII to end their aggression.

Christians rebuilt Europe after WWII.

Christians rebuilt Japan after WWII.

Christians put a man on the moon.

Christians ended the cold war.
That's not one by one, that all at once.
I know, pick one and then we can start crossing them off the list.
Man, I don't have time for that. :lol:

The U.S. is a religious nation. The U.S. is also the most violent nation in the world. Christians deny this correlation with alternative facts, but in reality, Christians put their god before country with morals of convenience. Christians deny any responsibility for the state of the union and instead blame powerless minorities.

There is no way to reason with a Christian. They were given all the answers to mystery and believe by eating the flesh of Jesus, they themselves become god.

Let us rejoice then and give thanks that we have become not only Christians, but Christ himself.
I don't believe you have taken a balanced view of history. I would have to say that Russia and China far suppressed our violence when they murdered 100 to 200 million people in the 20th century.

The reality is that there has never been a superpower in the history of the world that has been less nationalistic, imperialistic or aggressive towards other nations than the United States. We literally had the power to achieve world conquest but never did so. We were the only ones with the bomb for several years and we did not take over the world.

Not only were we the reason for defeating Germany - another Christian nation - but we rebuilt Europe and Japan afterwards.

As for the domestic violence, we have a melting pot of cultures, clashes are inevitable. I don't think you want me to throw out the statistics which show how race has skewed our numbers, do you?
You still haven't given me your short list on all the good Christianity has done. I may be able to help you. The Corinthians were old money so by nature it turned into a service industry. The Christians came in as a service industry union and charged the Corinthians a 10% tax to keep the status quo.

An argument can be made that a service industry union did some good.
Christianity promotes the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness, humility, chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience and kindness.

Christians and Christian institutions are usually the first source of literacy, education, and healthcare in the poorer regions.

Christianity has been the source of abundant human services from hospitals, orphanages, nursing homes, and schools, to advocacy on behalf of those with no voice, to supporting cultural outreaches, and seeking always to find ways in which to protect and promote human life and its authentic flourishing.

Christianity has done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility.

No other institution played a greater role in shaping Western Civilization than the Catholic Church.

The Catholic Church humanized the West by insisting on the sacredness of all human life.

The Church constantly sought to alleviate the evils of slavery and repeatedly denounced the mass enslavement of conquered populations and the infamous slave trade, thereby undermining slavery at its sources.

I don't get the 10% charge for alchemy. A real god would be giving his flesh and blood away for free. Bread and wine and everything is fine.

The U.S. is a religious nation. The U.S. is also the most violent nation in the world. Christians deny this correlation with alternative facts, but in reality, Christians put their god before country with morals of convenience. Christians deny any responsibility for the state of the union and instead blame powerless minorities.

There is no way to reason with a Christian. They were given all the answers to mystery and believe by eating the flesh of Jesus, they themselves become god.

Let us rejoice then and give thanks that we have become not only Christians, but Christ himself.
I don't believe you have taken a balanced view of history. I would have to say that Russia and China far suppressed our violence when they murdered 100 to 200 million people in the 20th century.

The reality is that there has never been a superpower in the history of the world that has been less nationalistic, imperialistic or aggressive towards other nations than the United States. We literally had the power to achieve world conquest but never did so. We were the only ones with the bomb for several years and we did not take over the world.

Not only were we the reason for defeating Germany - another Christian nation - but we rebuilt Europe and Japan afterwards.

As for the domestic violence, we have a melting pot of cultures, clashes are inevitable. I don't think you want me to throw out the statistics which show how race has skewed our numbers, do you?
You still haven't given me your short list on all the good Christianity has done. I may be able to help you. The Corinthians were old money so by nature it turned into a service industry. The Christians came in as a service industry union and charged the Corinthians a 10% tax to keep the status quo.

I don't get the 10% charge for alchemy. A real god would be giving his flesh and blood away for free. Bread and wine and everything is fine.
Tithing... like virtue... is voluntary.

Do you mind telling me which part of the Bible you are reading literally?

The real God did give his flesh and blood away for free.

That should be your siggie.
I had to warn him, you had found fresh meat. :biggrin:
Let's work through the list one by one. Fair enough?

That's not one by one, that all at once.
I know, pick one and then we can start crossing them off the list.
Man, I don't have time for that. :lol:
You misspelled evidence. :smile:

I think some angry faggot wants to claim Da Evul Xians are into human sacrifice n stuff.

wonder why nobody ever has any issues with pagans? It's they who burned people at the stake, drowned homos in bogs, all that good stuff atheists like to get back to.

Because the pagans, vicious and nasty as they were, have died out and are no more.

Ah, no, they're very much alive and well, and growing. They never really died out, just changed up the rhetoric and invented new superstitions.

We agree religion should be free yet the Catholic church is among the richest organizations in the world. That's a lot of tithers. How much flesh and blood is left?

We agree religion should be free yet the Catholic church is among the richest organizations in the world. That's a lot of tithers. How much flesh and blood is left?
It is free.

Excluding Catholic Universities and hospitals Catholic Organizations account for about $30 billion annually of charitable outreach.

It is free.

Excluding Catholic Universities and hospitals Catholic Organizations account for about $30 billion annually of charitable outreach.
$30 billion is the resolute of a lot of flesh is being consumed. There is no war Christians oppose. There has to be a way for the church to profit off all these refugees. I bet all those baby prisons are owned by Christians. Taxpayers didn't like seeing their selective morals on MSM. Need to keep that shit on the downlow.

It is free.

$30 billion is the resolute of a lot of flesh is being consumed. There is no war Christians oppose. There has to be a way for the church to profit off all these refugees. I bet all those baby prisons are owned by Christians. Taxpayers didn't like seeing their selective morals on MSM. Need to keep that shit on the downlow.
If you believe that then your head will probably explode over the 140 billion they spend annually on Catholic hospitals and Catholic universities. :lol:

It is free.

If you believe that then your head will probably explode over the 140 billion they spend annually on Catholic hospitals and Catholic universities. :lol:
Christians should be more concerned about all the inner city churches being boarded up instead of church industry profits. But it wouldn't be good for the bottom line to turn these old churches into sanctuaries for the growing homeless population. The poor deserve to be punished by god for their wrath and sloth.

People with money are the only true believers without sin, so it's foolish to waste the body of Christ on the hungry.

It is free.

Christians should be more concerned about all the inner city churches being boarded up instead of church industry profits. But it wouldn't be good for the bottom line to turn these old churches into sanctuaries for the growing homeless population. The poor deserve to be punished by god for their wrath and sloth.

People with money are the only true believers without sin, so it's foolish to waste the body of Christ on the hungry.
Everything works itself out.

We don’t worry too much what outsiders think. Especially the ones who are grinding their axes.

It is free.

We don’t worry too much what outsiders think. Especially the ones who are grinding their axes.
Christians stopped caring about the poor. The body of Christ is too good for those who can't afford to move out to suburbia. Only those with money have a place reserved for them in heaven. Plus they need room for their pets too so fuck the poor. Everything is working out as Jesus intended.

It is free.

Christians stopped caring about the poor. The body of Christ is too good for those who can't afford to move out to suburbia. Only those with money have a place reserved for them in heaven. Plus they need room for their pets too so fuck the poor. Everything is working out as Jesus intended.
Karl Marx held the same beliefs.

Changing the subject is the Christian way to deal with facts. The church closed their doors and turned their back on the poor instead of dealing with the problem. Help me understand a religion that would do such a thing.

Changing the subject is the Christian way to deal with facts. The church closed their doors and turned their back on the poor instead of dealing with the problem. Help me understand a religion that would do such a thing.
I’m not changing the subject I am pointing out the origin of your argument.

I don’t care what you believe. I’m happy enough for you to believe whatever you want.

I don’t care what you believe. I’m happy enough for you to believe whatever you want.
Early Christians believed they could become god. Have you been anointed to speak for god? Things are going to get a lot worse before getting better. There are homeless communities all over so why not use those boarded up churches to help these lost souls? It is the Christian thing to do and you'd have a better chance at the afterlife.

Many Christians pay close attention to Jesus' message--and his message centered on our interpersonal relationships between us and those closest to us--those with whom we interact. Take the story of the rich man, Lazarus, for example. Jesus did not criticize or condemn him for not sending money to the poor in other countries, in other towns, or even the poor who lived on the outskirts of his city. There was a poor man at Lazarus' own door that Lazarus completely ignored.

Most of us have our hands full with the poor outside our own family and neighborhood doors. When asked, we also try to scrape up anything leftover for those suffering from natural disasters in our own country. And, yes, we even try to contribute any "pennies" we may find to send to those in other countries who are also in need.

It seems what you are calling for is for a large group (and we Christians are the "lucky" selection) to become political activists and call for governments to ignore those in need in their own country, but to instead send resources to the poor in other countries. You mistakenly think that is the "Christian" thing to do. Meanwhile, those of us who are doing what Christianity calls us to do (i.e., to help those closest to us) are being strangled by higher taxes being mandated to help your own political cause--you, who could not care less about the poor and those in need who are at our doors.

Early Christians believed they could become god. Have you been anointed to speak for god? Things are going to get a lot worse before getting better. There are homeless communities all over so why not use those boarded up churches to help these lost souls? It is the Christian thing to do and you'd have a better chance at the afterlife.
No one speaks for God, least of all me. Yes, things will get worse before they get better. It’s called the saeculum cycle. It’s been going on since the beginning of man. The Bible even talks about it. The Jews are a living parable of it.

It isn’t about the afterlife. It’s about the journey.

The Gnostics believed they could become Gods. Not the Christians. The Gnostics were a reaction to Christianity.

Forum List

Back