Bodycam shows white cop fatally shooting fleeing black dude

what is your point, pogo. An armed man ran----refused the
directives of a cop so the cop shot him

What's my point? Accuracy.

accuracy??? you have decided that the event was not
described with absolute accuracy to detail?

The question was asked, "how many shots struck the fleeing subject"? I answered with detail and accuracy. Sayit answered with bullshit. So I shot the bullshit.

oh-----I got confused----I thought the issue was whether or not the cop should have shot the guy

Ah, well that's the larger question to be figured out later, innit. I figure before we go there we need to know exactly what happened, so I had already downloaded the video and scrutinized it in slo-mo so that I could answer that question intelligently with something more than "enough to kill the tree-dwelling simian" as has been posted earlier.

If he believes the kid is picking up a gun -- and it's entirely reasonable to presume he is -- why doesn't he shoot at the gun or the kid's hand to keep it out of his control?

Because this isn't Hollywood. And apparently you have absolutely no experience with a handgun, shooting at a suspect while running. I'm honestly surprised he hit the guy at all.

He doesn't shoot at him while running; he stops and sets, as he would have to do to fire with any accuracy. And when he starts firing, it IS while the kid's fumbling (twice) to pick up the object. He apparently misses, and doesn't strike his target until his fifth shot.

Am I the only one who watched this video or what?

If he believes the kid is picking up a gun -- and it's entirely reasonable to presume he is -- why doesn't he shoot at the gun or the kid's hand to keep it out of his control?

Because this isn't Hollywood. And apparently you have absolutely no experience with a handgun, shooting at a suspect while running. I'm honestly surprised he hit the guy at all.

He doesn't shoot at him while running; he stops and sets, as he would have to do to fire with any accuracy. And when he starts firing, it IS while the kid's fumbling (twice) to pick up the object. He apparently misses, and doesn't strike his target until his fifth shot.

Am I the only one who watched this video or what?

It doesn't even matter if he was facing the officer or not, he was clearly a danger to anyone. That white car's driver was just a few feet away from the thug drawing his weapon. Is the cop supposed to let the thug possibly shoot some bystander?

Why would anyone expect him to do that? What did the car do?

Any runner with a gun like that should be shot.

Gun control freak.

Why do you think a maniac on the run with a gun is going to adhere to logic? You can't sit here and Monday Morning quarterback what he logically would had done. The guy could of been batshit crazy and was willing to kill, why else would he run from a cop and draw his weapon? The cop saw his gun, he really had no choice but to shoot the man in that situation.

You are really stretching on this one.

No, I agree. I already said that. I watched it in slo-mo; the cop fires while the kid's trying to pick the gun up. That's fine -- that's what he should be doing. There's no issue with him doing that as far as I know. I noted earlier that's what he should have been doing and got jumped on for saying it.

The problem comes up after that, when the kid does pick up the object and resumes running directly away. That's when the officer shoots him at his back three times -- and tries to shoot twice more after he's already hit and downed.

And as laid out before, from what we know the entire chase itself was something that need not have happened. This guy tried to do it alone. That gave the kid a motive to break as well as a direction to run.

In fact it appeared on close inspection that the last shot Officer McMillin fired was the kill shot. It was also his last bullet. Now what if that shot misses? The kid gets away and there's no backup to corral him, because McMillin couldn't wait and had to do it all himself, in a situation that, when he arrived, was calm and didn't look to require an immediate confrontation.

That's stupid. And that's why I say he came in with a bad plan and set up a situation that didn't need to happen.
Picking up the gun signed his death certificate.

And as laid out before, from what we know the entire chase itself was something that need not have happened. This guy tried to do it alone. That gave the kid a motive to break as well as a direction to run...
And that's why I say he came in with a bad plan and set up a situation that didn't need to happen.

Did I miss something? How did the officer's actions give the guy "a motive to break?" The cop was responding to a report of someone with a gun who was threatening people at a wedding.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrB...-released/RK=0/RS=46f4QsrvnZD8wCGBemthD3qWlM8-

Last edited:

What's my point? Accuracy. A myth refused the directives of the Truth. So I shot it.

Looks to me like Sayit didn't even bother to watch the video. Just wanted to see his name on the internets.

I did view the vid. The suspect clearly assaulted the cop, ran and then stopped, turned on the cop and went for his gun. A job well done by that officer. Case closed.

Evidently Pogo believes cops shouldn't just risk their lives to serve and protect, they must needlessly sacrifice them.

It doesn't even matter if he was facing the officer or not, he was clearly a danger to anyone. That white car's driver was just a few feet away from the thug drawing his weapon. Is the cop supposed to let the thug possibly shoot some bystander?

Gun control freak.

Why do you think a maniac on the run with a gun is going to adhere to logic? You can't sit here and Monday Morning quarterback what he logically would had done. The guy could of been batshit crazy and was willing to kill, why else would he run from a cop and draw his weapon? The cop saw his gun, he really had no choice but to shoot the man in that situation.

No, I agree. I already said that. I watched it in slo-mo; the cop fires while the kid's trying to pick the gun up. That's fine -- that's what he should be doing. There's no issue with him doing that as far as I know. I noted earlier that's what he should have been doing and got jumped on for saying it.

The problem comes up after that, when the kid does pick up the object and resumes running directly away. That's when the officer shoots him at his back three times -- and tries to shoot twice more after he's already hit and downed.

And as laid out before, from what we know the entire chase itself was something that need not have happened. This guy tried to do it alone. That gave the kid a motive to break as well as a direction to run.

In fact it appeared on close inspection that the last shot Officer McMillin fired was the kill shot. It was also his last bullet. Now what if that shot misses? The kid gets away and there's no backup to corral him, because McMillin couldn't wait and had to do it all himself, in a situation that, when he arrived, was calm and didn't look to require an immediate confrontation.

That's stupid. And that's why I say he came in with a bad plan and set up a situation that didn't need to happen.
Picking up the gun signed his death certificate.

I agree, that was really stupid.

We can only go by the target's reaction -- it's all the info we have for now.
Watching it in slo-mo, the target doesn't react or change his movements in reaction to any shooting until the last bullet.

Of course, the situation didn't transpire in slo-mo but rather at a frenetic human pace. The cop was aware there was a gun involved and was on heightened alert. When the suspect assaulted the cop and then ran, stopped, turned and went for his gun he was a threat to everyone at the scene.

"Police had been called to a church wedding to investigate a report of an armed man threatening to kill one of the wedding party guests and that one of the wedding guests was told there was a bullet with her name on it."

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBJSAXvsVUFzoAZh_QtDMD/RV=2/RE=1422274200/RO=10/RU=http://www.kswo.com/story/27929394/oklahoma-police-officer-involved-shooting-video-released/RK=0/RS=46f4QsrvnZD8wCGBemthD3qWlM8-[/QUOTE]

And as laid out before, from what we know the entire chase itself was something that need not have happened. This guy tried to do it alone. That gave the kid a motive to break as well as a direction to run...
And that's why I say he came in with a bad plan and set up a situation that didn't need to happen.

Did I miss something? How did the officer's actions give the guy "a motive to break?" The cop was responding to a report of someone with a gun who was threatening people at a wedding.

Perhaps he was. But if, again, one watches the video, clearly there's no altercation going on when Officer McMillin arrives (nor is he in any haste to get there as if something was happening). In the first view of Walker and a female bystander they're calmly talking, as you can see in the body language. In other words there is no situation that requires immediate or urgent action. At this point, and for several subsequent minutes, Officer McMillin appears to be alone. Not even a partner in the car.

He could at this point engage the bystanders in conversation to kill time until his backup arrives. Once they do, they can take positions to Walker's other side. If they really are there to investigate a gun threat, that's a reasonable course, right?

But McMillin doesn't do that; he immediately starts pinning handcuffs on Walker. Now Walker can see McMillin's alone, which is quite a different scenario from being surrounded. So he makes a break. McMillin of course gives chase -- it's too late to do anything else. When McMillin shoots the target, his backup STILL isn't there yet -- you can hear him on his radio imploring them to "step it up" (hurry up).

What I'm saying is, if he does not successfully hit and disable Walker, the kid gets away, whereas with backup on the scene he may not have had an avenue to run. Or alternately if he hits him and takes him down but Walker is not dead -- let's say armed and still sentient enough to shoot -- McMillin has spent all his ammo and is standing there a sitting duck, to mix metaphors. Walker could have then picked him off and taken his time about it.

That's what I mean by poor planning. McMillin did hit him and it turned out, did disable him, but in that time with the kid down, the crowd clamoring and his backup not there yet, McMillin's unarmed and powerless.

That doesn't seem like a brilliant plan to me.

Last edited:
We can only go by the target's reaction -- it's all the info we have for now.
Watching it in slo-mo, the target doesn't react or change his movements in reaction to any shooting until the last bullet.

Of course, the situation didn't transpire in slo-mo but rather at a frenetic human pace. The cop was aware there was a gun involved and was on heightened alert. When the suspect assaulted the cop and then ran, stopped, turned and went for his gun he was a threat to everyone at the scene.

"Police had been called to a church wedding to investigate a report of an armed man threatening to kill one of the wedding party guests and that one of the wedding guests was told there was a bullet with her name on it."

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBJSAXvsVUFzoAZh_QtDMD/RV=2/RE=1422274200/RO=10/RU=http://www.kswo.com/story/27929394/oklahoma-police-officer-involved-shooting-video-released/RK=0/RS=46f4QsrvnZD8wCGBemthD3qWlM8-

There is no "assault" of the cop. The kid simply ran away.
Nor did the kid "stop, turn and go for his gun". He dropped it, and fumbled to pick it up. Clumsily -- he had to pick it up twice. At one point he looked back over his shoulder while running away. At no point did he "turn" toward the officer or take an offensive position.

I know the cop said that, but the video says differently .

Black dude had a gun.

Oklahoma police release video of cop fatally shooting armed, fleeing man (Graphic video)

A clean shoot and job well done. The guy disregarded the cop's instructions, ran and then stopped, turned on the cop and went for his gun. That cop should be back on the street in a month. Anyone who posts otherwise is just spewing their personal hate for cops. Case closed.

:lalala:

No, he didn't "turn on the cop and go for his gun"; he ran away and got shot in the back. Go argue with the video.

At 1:03 the guy pulls his gun ... at 1:05 he is dead. You must think he stopped to tie his shoe. Once again, job well done. Case closed.

What's my point? Accuracy. A myth refused the directives of the Truth. So I shot it.

Looks to me like Sayit didn't even bother to watch the video. Just wanted to see his name on the internets.

I did view the vid. The suspect clearly assaulted the cop, ran and then stopped, turned on the cop and went for his gun. A job well done by that officer. Case closed.

You keep going "case closed" and then having to come back to answer inconvenient loose ends. Obviously it's not "closed". Perhaps that's your mind.

Perhaps he was. But if, again, one watches the video, clearly there's no altercation going on when Officer McMillin arrives (nor is he in any haste to get there as if something was happening). In the first view of Walker and a female bystander they're calmly talking, as you can see in the body language. In other words there is no situation that requires immediate or urgent action. At this point, and for several subsequent minutes, Walker appears to be alone. Not even a partner in the car.

He could at this point engage the bystanders in conversation to kill time until his backup arrives. Once they do, they can take positions to Walker's other side. If they really are there to investigate a gun threat, that's a reasonable course, right?

But McMillin doesn't do that; he immediately starts pinning handcuffs on Walker. Now Walker can see McMillin's alone, which is quite a different scenario from being surrounded. So he makes a break. McMillin of course gives chase -- it's too late to do anything else. When McMillin shoots the target, his backup STILL isn't there yet -- you can hear him on his radio imploring them to "step it up" (hurry up).

What I'm saying is, if he does not successfully hit and disable Walker, the kid gets away, whereas with backup on the scene he may not have had an avenue to run. Or alternately if he hits him and takes him down but Walker is not dead -- let's say armed and still sentient enough to shoot -- McMillin has spent all his ammo and is standing there a sitting duck, to mix metaphors. Walker could have then picked him off and taken his time about it.

That's what I mean by poor planning. McMillin did hit him and it turned out, did disable him, but in that time with the kid down, the crowd clamoring and his backup not there yet, McMillin's unarmed and powerless.

You are twisting yourself into a pretzel - something you seem to enjoy - to justify your wrong-headed position. The cop responded to a call for police help. Someone was threatening people with a gun. That cop's actions were calm and according to the book. It was the subject's actions that caused his death.

You keep going "case closed" and then having to come back to answer inconvenient loose ends. Obviously it's not "closed". Perhaps that's your mind.

The case is closed. I'm just bitch-slapping a raging idiot. Case closed.

I ain't gonna go through 16 pages to see if this was brought up already. But apparently the cop was called in because the dude had threatened to kill his gf. Then he turns and faces the cop with the gun?

BTW, what does it matter, OP, who was black and who was white? Are we automatically assuming that the cop had racist motives?

Shot in the back while running away. The cop murdered him and will go to prison.

And the video catches him lying - "he was facing me" at:4:55

Okay moron: Go back to :59 and watch it frame by frame. D-BAG is facing the cop as he picks up the gun and the cop draws his gun. The cop starts to fire then. He continues to fire as the guy runs away. But I guess he should have then given the criminal the benefit of the doubt and assumed he wouldn't reach the gun back and fire at him? DUMB ASS.

Perhaps he was. But if, again, one watches the video, clearly there's no altercation going on when Officer McMillin arrives (nor is he in any haste to get there as if something was happening). In the first view of Walker and a female bystander they're calmly talking, as you can see in the body language. In other words there is no situation that requires immediate or urgent action. At this point, and for several subsequent minutes, Walker appears to be alone. Not even a partner in the car.

You are twisting yourself into a pretzel - something you seem to enjoy - to justify your wrong-headed position. The cop responded to a call for police help. Someone was threatening people with a gun. That cop's actions were calm and according to the book. It was the subject's actions that caused his death.

You asked, how did the cop's actions give the kid a motive to break, and I explained it -- in alternate scenarios. Apparently you didn't think of them, so you're all pissy.

By the way credit where due, I wasn't the first one to bring this up, that the cop arrived and tried to do all this alone. The OP made that point, and I thought it was a good one. He's letting me riff on it but he's the one who thought of it, and he's right.

Gun control freak.

The thug went for his gun, at that point he has to open fire. At no point did the thug drop the weapon, so why would he stop firing? You seem to be under this impression that as long as a thug is turned around he cannot be shot. That is BULLSHIT. If a thug is armed and already resisted arrest a police officer cannot let him run freely. What if he got away and killed several people? Then you would be here saying the cop didn't do his job in killing him when he had the chance.

I ain't gonna go through 16 pages to see if this was brought up already. But apparently the cop was called in because the dude had threatened to kill his gf. Then he turns and faces the cop with the gun?

BTW, what does it matter, OP, who was black and who was white? Are we automatically assuming that the cop had racist motives?

Yeah I brought that up earlier. Never got an answer. I'm used to it though.

Forum List

Back