Boehner: President Obama Should Lead, Not Cast Blame

Well I just can't bring myself to cast the GOP as the lone pantomime villain in this. The Democrats have been just as recalcitrant. Obama has blown himself up to appear to be tough and unmoving, but he's been conceding little by little every day. The man just doesn't stand his ground, even if he ends up being wrong on the issue. For that, he also shares some of the blame.

Shucks....the Republican party has enjoyed having a Black man they can light in on every chance they've had. That could be why 90% of Blacks voted for the president....ya' think?

I think you're a racist fuck!

You've got me mixed up with Fox News and the Republicans. Why do you think 90% of Blacks voted for the president? Why do you think over 70% of latinos voted for the president? Why do you suppose over half of women voted for the president? Nearly all the Gays and lesbians voted for Mr. Obama. The only demographics the Romulus won was folks over 65 and White men. You're gonna have one helluva time ever winning another presidential election unless you can change those figures.

Last edited:
You really are delusional. Democrats refuse to address spending in entitlements. Entitlements make up the vast majority of our government spending. Unless you reform entitlements you'll NEVER get spending under control.

So you're willing to put hundreds of thousands more Americans out of work simply because you're not willing to shrink the size of government? A government that is so bloated and wasteful that it's become farce to try and portray it as anything else?

The 'vast' majority? Really?

US Defense Budget: US Federal Budget FY12 Estimated Spending Breakdown - Pie Chart

LMAO!! It's a Fox News line. The interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt is about $450 billion a year. For comparison the government spends about $100 billion on education and less than that on the infrastructure. The defense budget is about $750 billion a year. Social security pays for itself. They have no more idea what they're talking about than what a farm yard hen knows about Sunday.

I believe that the numbers stand as follows, Cam...

70.5% of Federal spending last year went to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, Food Stamps, Welfare, Farm subsidies and Housing...and that is a number that is going up sharply since Obama took office. We can all sit around here and pretend that dependence programs aren't a problem but it's quite obvious that they are. The only question now is who has the political "spine" to tackle something as unpopular as taking away people's "goodies"?

LMAO!! It's a Fox News line. The interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt is about $450 billion a year. For comparison the government spends about $100 billion on education and less than that on the infrastructure. The defense budget is about $750 billion a year. Social security pays for itself. They have no more idea what they're talking about than what a farm yard hen knows about Sunday.

70.5% of Federal spending last year went to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, Food Stamps, Welfare, Farm subsidies and Housing...and that is a number that is going up sharply since Obama took office. We can all sit around here and pretend that dependence programs aren't a problem but it's quite obvious that they are. The only question now is who has the political "spine" to tackle something as unpopular as taking away people's "goodies"?

The interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt is something you conveniently ignore. I think I know why. Unlike the debt itself the interest has to paid each year and on time. When George W. Bush's last budget ended on Sept. 30, 2009 Obama had to borrow $451 billion to pay the interest on the existing debt. You didn't think those foreign banks were lending Reagan and the Bushes all that money for nothing did you? The accumulated interest payments since Obama took over added about a trillion and a half dollars to the debt. If you're gonna' talk try actually saying something:

..............................ANNUAL INTEREST/NATIONAL DEBT.............................
RP_10_16_12.png

Last edited:
No, I am serious. If you have bad apples and you put a press on the bunch you end up with bad apple sauce. Identifying bad apples would be the smart thing to do. I am not really a chicken little but something different has to be done and giving Boehner more support might be just what we need. I really don't know but I am willing to listen.

Right and those bad apples were elected by OUR fellow Americans...which still takes us back to square one...what's he supposed to do.

I don't mean to aim this at you specifically but there are 1 or 2 here who know how to troll through drop a few "Teatard" remarks and prance out as if they actually said anything of value.

All you ever get out of one person in particular is to call people rightwingnuts as a solution. So I'll play devil's advocate...what do we do?

I would like to see this whole thing out from behind closed doors for one. Is there any rules that say we can't be told, blow by blow, what is going on in there?

Basically..that's how some negotiations should happen.

It's nuts to think that each and every word should be on display for everyone to digest and shit out.

That sort of atmosphere makes it impossible to get anything done.

"Spending" has been flat and actually dipped.

What's happening now is "paying" for things we already bought.

The interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt is something you conveniently ignore. I think I know why. Unlike the debt itself the interest has to paid each year and on time. When George W. Bush's last budget ended on Sept. 30, 2009 Obama had to borrow $451 billion to pay the interest on the existing debt. You didn't think those foreign banks were lending Reagan and the Bushes all that money for nothing did you? The accumulated interest payments since Obama took over added about a trillion and a half dollars to the debt. If you're gonna' talk try actually saying something:

..............................ANNUAL INTEREST/NATIONAL DEBT.............................
RP_10_16_12.png

Your chart indicates about $383 billion for FY 2009. And the Bush budget was not signed enacted June of 2009 after adding the $787 billion Obama stimulus package to it.

Well I just can't bring myself to cast the GOP as the lone pantomime villain in this. The Democrats have been just as recalcitrant. Obama has blown himself up to appear to be tough and unmoving, but he's been conceding little by little every day. The man just doesn't stand his ground, even if he ends up being wrong on the issue. For that, he also shares some of the blame.

He's doing a much better job this time around. :cool:

That remains to be seen.

If he caves and gives away all his leverage by the end of the night, his "doing a much better job" won't mean shit.

See?

RP_10_16_12.png

Your chart indicates about $383 billion for FY 2009. And the Bush budget was not signed enacted June of 2009 after adding the $787 billion Obama stimulus package to it.

You're full of shit.

The way the government runs it's fiscal year is from Oct. 1 thru Sept. 30 of the next year. Bush's 2008 budget didn't end until Sept. 30, 2009. Obama started out with an interest payment on Bush's wars and tax cuts for the wealthy of $451 billion. Read 'Em And Weep!

Oh...even though Bush ran his wars through emergency spending bills(off budget) he couldn't hide the $870 billion he, Bernanke and Paulson handed the banks.....they didn't even specify how the money was to be spent. At least the money Obama put out there went into the pockets of working class folks.

One more thing....one of the first things Obama did was put the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq back "On Budget."

Last edited:

RP_10_16_12.png

I point out that contrary to your claim, we're spending over 70% of our Federal budget on dependency programs and the number is growing rapidly and your response is this?

I'm well aware that we have to pay interest on what we borrow. It's why we can't continue to run these trillion dollar deficits. The interest is going to eat us alive. So how do we fix this? Do you agree that we have no choice but to reform entitlements? Or you going to dodge the issue by "blaming it on Bush"? Let's get real here...

RP_10_16_12.png

You're full of shit.

The way the government runs it's fiscal year is from Oct. 1 thru Sept. 30 of the next year. Bush's 2008 budget didn't end until Sept. 30, 2009. Obama started out with a payment on Bush's wars and tax cuts for the wealthy of $451 billion. Read 'Em And Weep!

Oh...even though Bush ran his wars through emergency spending bills(off budget) he couldn't hide the $870 billion he, Bernanke and Paulson handed the banks.....they didn't even specify how the money was to be spent. At least the money Obama put out there went into the pockets of working class folks.

One more thing....one of the first things Obama did was put the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq back "On Budget."

Correct me if I'm wrong, Cam...but didn't the banks pay back the money that they got from the Bush bank bailout? Compare that to the Obama bail out of the UAW. We're still billions in the hole on GM and you're kidding yourself if you think we'll be seeing that money paid back anytime soon.

Last edited:
Shucks....the Republican party has enjoyed having a Black man they can light in on every chance they've had. That could be why 90% of Blacks voted for the president....ya' think?

I think you're a racist fuck!

You've got me mixed up with Fox News and the Republicans. Why do you think 90% of Blacks voted for the president? Why do you think over 70% of latinos voted for the president?

Because he promised them more and more entitlements.

RP_10_16_12.png

I point out that contrary to your claim, we're spending over 70% of our Federal budget on dependency programs and the number is growing rapidly and your response is this?

I'm well aware that we have to pay interest on what we borrow. It's why we can't continue to run these trillion dollar deficits. The interest is going to eat us alive. So how do we fix this? Do you agree that we have no choice but to reform entitlements? Or you going to dodge the issue by "blaming it on Bush"? Let's get real here...

My response is the truth. Your assertion is a goddamned lie. 70%?? Horse Shit!! You've been watching too much Faux News.

I wish it was a lie. Unfortunately that number's getting worse with each passing year. Defense spending as a percentage of total Federal spending is actually going down while dependency program spending as a percentage of total Federal spending is spiking. It's up over 5% since Obama took office and is projected to keep rising at an even steeper rate as ObamaCare's true costs kick in.

I'm sorry, Cam but I'm simply pointing out the reality of the situation we're in. So what is your solution?

I wish it was a lie. Unfortunately that number's getting worse with each passing year. Defense spending as a percentage of total Federal spending is actually going down while dependency program spending as a percentage of total Federal spending is spiking. It's up over 5% since Obama took office and is projected to keep rising at an even steeper rate as ObamaCare's true costs kick in.

I'm sorry, Cam but I'm simply pointing out the reality of the situation we're in. So what is your solution?

Hey Numbnuts!! Don't try to shit an old shitter. We have troops in 170 countries of this world and the last time somebody surrendered to us was in 1945......we still have troops there. The Roman empire failed because they had troops so wide spread that it became logistically impossible for them to continue to support them. Osama Bin Laden said his goal was not to destroy the United States but to bankrupt them. Until the Republicans get serious about some "MAJOR" cuts to the military/industrial complex ordinary Joes on the steet are about as important as a Fly on a Bull's Dick.

Hey Numbnuts!! Don't try to shit an old shitter. We have troops in 170 countries of this world and the last time somebody surrendered to us was in 1945......we still have troops there. The Roman empire failed because they had troops so wide spread that it became logistically impossible for them to continue to support them. Osama Bin Laden said his goal was not to destroy the United States but to bankrupt them. Until the Republicans get serious about some "MAJOR" cuts to the military/industrial complex ordinary Joes on the steet are about as important as a Fly on a Bull's Dick.

We've had troops in other parts of the world since World War II with little to no effect on our overall economy, Cam...why is it "suddenly" causing us to run trillion dollar a year deficits? I know that it's progressive "heresy" to ever admit that we're spending too much on entitlements...hence your call for reductions in spending to the part of spending (defense) that HAS been reduced while ignoring the part of spending (dependency programs) that is exploding in cost but my figures are correct. So I ask again...what is your answer to dealing with out of control spending on entitlements?

Just so you know? I'm probably not the person you want to get into a debate about history with, Cam. The reasons for Rome's fall lie less with "logistics" then they do with a general societal decay and an ever increasing dependency on foreign mercenaries to do the fighting that was once done by Romans. Instead of maintaining a strong military Rome increasingly PAID others to do it's fighting for it. In essence the Roman people became effete and unable to protect themselves which ultimately left them vulnerable to attack by both the Goths to the north and the Vandals to the south.

As for a looming US "bankruptcy"? We're managing that quite well on our own without any help at all from folks like Osama bin Laden. Why? Because people...don't want to deal with reality. When you are running massive yearly deficits to pay for dependency programs that it's quite obvious we can't "afford", while quibbling over a tax increase that only pays for DAYS of our government, then it's also quite obvious that we have a serious problem with math. Instead of fixing the problem we're spending our time trying to assign the blame. We have a spending problem and we have to cut back. It's that simple. So instead of nonsense about Osama bin Laden and the Roman Empire...let's DO the hard work of creating budgets that don't bankrupt us.

We've had troops in other parts of the world since World War II with little to no effect on our overall economy, Cam...why is it "suddenly" causing us to run trillion dollar a year deficits? I know that it's progressive "heresy" to ever admit that we're spending too much on entitlements...hence your call for reductions in spending to the part of spending (defense) that HAS been reduced while ignoring the part of spending (dependency programs) that is exploding in cost but my figures are correct. So I ask again...what is your answer to dealing with out of control spending on entitlements?

Just so you know? I'm probably not the person you want to get into a debate about history with, Cam. The reasons for Rome's fall lie less with "logistics" then they do with a general societal decay and an ever increasing dependency on foreign mercenaries to do the fighting that was once done by Romans. Instead of maintaining a strong military Rome increasingly PAID others to do it's fighting for it. In essence the Roman people became effete and unable to protect themselves which ultimately left them vulnerable to attack by both the Goths to the north and the Vandals to the south.

Here's what caused the trillion dollar a year deficits...each year $400 billion of it to pay the interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt. You Republicans aren't too damn smart and the rest of us have caught on:

Total U S Debt

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accomodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32

09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38(Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)

09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00

09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)

09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

..............................ANNUAL INTEREST/NATIONAL DEBT............................
RP_10_16_12.png

Last edited:

Here's what caused the trillion dollar a year deficits...each year $451 billion of it to pay the interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt. You Republicans aren't too damn smart and the rest of us have caught on:

Total U S Debt

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accomodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

:clap2: 10,001 times we get the same post.

Here's what caused the trillion dollar a year deficits...each year $451 billion of it to pay the interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt. You Republicans aren't too damn smart and the rest of us have caught on:

Total U S Debt

:clap2: 10,001 times we get the same post.

And all you had to do was read it once. Modern day Republicans are as naive as a child and as low down as a whale turd. They think the country belongs to them and in reality they are rapidly losing the only part of it they ever had.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back