Boehner: Why we must now sue the President

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Boehner: Why we must now sue the President

Every member of Congress swore an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So did President Barack Obama.

But too often over the past five years, the President has circumvented the American people and their elected representatives through executive action, changing and creating his own laws, and excusing himself from enforcing statutes he is sworn to uphold -- at times even boasting about his willingness to do it, as if daring the American people to stop him.

That's why, later this month, we will bring legislation to the House floor that would authorize the House of Representatives to file suit in an effort to compel President Obama to follow his oath of office and faithfully execute the laws of our country.

The President's response: "So sue me."

What's disappointing is the President's flippant dismissal of the Constitution we are both sworn to defend. It is utterly beneath the dignity of the office. I know the President is frustrated. I'm frustrated. The American people are frustrated, too.

Opinion: Why we must now sue President Obama - CNN.com

perhaps they will win like mcconnell did against obama. he is not above the law, despite what he thinks.

Boner is just pissed because Obama is trying to run the country via Executive Orders since deadbeat Boner won't do anything.

Forum List

Back