Boeing 777 crash-lands at San Francisco Airport

in a way, this reminds me of the plane that lost its "top" in flight. another tragedy from long ago, I think it was on its way to Hawaii, a chunk of the upper body flew off. anyone recall the event? I just remember how they managed to land the plane safely despite the "inconvenience" for the passengers who sat in the rows with no ceiling.

Was an island hopper. Stress on the fuselage from pressurizing, depressurizing, pressurizing, depressurizing so much. Aloha Airlines.

am I right? first major airline crash since the one that went down in Long Island? the one that crashed a few weeks/or so after 9/11? (in mainland USA)

what dont remember the mircle on the hudson dont think he wanted to land on the river on purpose.

in a way, this reminds me of the plane that lost its "top" in flight. another tragedy from long ago, I think it was on its way to Hawaii, a chunk of the upper body flew off. anyone recall the event? I just remember how they managed to land the plane safely despite the "inconvenience" for the passengers who sat in the rows with no ceiling.

Was an island hopper. Stress on the fuselage from pressurizing, depressurizing, pressurizing, depressurizing so much. Aloha Airlines.

Thats a lie like we see those all the time.

No one knows anything yet including any of you folks postiing in alll your five pages of clueless glory.

No one knows anything yet including any of you folks postiing in alll your five pages of clueless glory.

What? dont watch t.v. or listen to the radio? you really have to get out of your parents basement.

We know a plane has crashed, some people are dead and others are injured.
We know, others put their own lives at risk in an attempt to help survivors.

That'll do for a starter.

However, we also know, some people have compassion for others whist some are just nasty.

Let's hope the injured all recover.

It's a lie?

Aloha Airlines Flight 243 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aloha island hops.....a lot more pressurizing/depressurizing per day...per week...per year. And as you can see in the link....maintenance for that AND salt corrosion...was inadequate.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IrBldk7-74"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IrBldk7-74[/ame]

(Reuters) - The Asiana Airlines Boeing 777 that crashed at San Francisco's airport on Saturday was traveling "significantly below" its intended speed and its crew tried to abort the landing just seconds before it hit the seawall in front of the runway, the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board said on Sunday. Information collected from the plane's cockpit voice recorder and flight data recorder indicated that there were no signs of trouble until seven seconds before impact, when the crew tried to accelerate, NTSB Chairwoman Deborah Hersman said at a news conference at the airport. A stall warning sounded four seconds before impact, and the crew tried to abort the landing and initiate what's known as a "go around" maneuver just 1.5 seconds before crashing, Hersman said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/07/us-usa-crash-asiana-idUSBRE9650E220130707

Last edited:

It's a lie?

Aloha Airlines Flight 243 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aloha island hops.....a lot more pressurizing/depressurizing per day...per week...per year. And as you can see in the link....maintenance for that AND salt corrosion...was inadequate.

Again how many planes have you seen go down because of it?

that is one of thee most unthinkable ways to die, no one can phathom being ejected from a plane 30-40K feet over an ocean.
I never found out how the upper fuselage ripped off the plane, it must have been something related to poor maintenance/cutting corners.

am I right? first major airline crash since the one that went down in Long Island? the one that crashed a few weeks/or so after 9/11? (in mainland USA)

The one that went down in Queens NY right after 9/11 was flight 587.

American Airlines Flight 587 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another one went down in 1996 like Sunshine said, off the coast of L.I. That was flight 800 and the one that has been in the news lately due to controversy over the offical cause of exploding fumes in the empty fuel tanks when eye witnesses saw it hit by an external object.

TWA Flight 800 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Yes, they even made a movie about it, although as most true story movies do, they went over the top and also got things wrong.

The people onboard were really lucky the aircraft didn't end up upside down after flipping or explode. I guess the low casualty rate can also be attributed to well practised evacuation techniques.

Looking at the pics of the damage, i'm surprised there weren't more casualties.

Its a testement to the strength of the aircraft that it didnt end up in more pieces than it did. The big lifesaver was that the fire really didnt spread until everyone was pretty much off the plane.

Forum List

Back