Boeing 777 crash-lands at San Francisco Airport

unfortunately, they are now reporting 2 fatalities and 48 injuries

Prayers to all involved.

Seriously?

You don't even know anyone on the plane.

Yeah, people like to make public displays of compassion and caring for complete strangers when something like this happens, but they treat people they ACTUALLY KNOW from forums like this or in real life...like crap.

And as for the prayers...well, I'll bet a lot of those people on that plane prayed for a safe trip as the plane was taking off...lot of good that did.

Prayers to all involved.

Seriously?

You don't even know anyone on the plane.

Yeah, people like to make public displays of compassion and caring for complete strangers when something like this happens, but they treat people they ACTUALLY KNOW from forums like this or in real life...like crap.

And as for the prayers...well, I'll bet a lot of those people on that plane prayed for a safe trip as the plane was taking off...lot of good that did.

Sigh.... :eusa_doh:

so will MSNBC create excuses that conservatives and tea-party can be blamed?

I'm sorry, but I don't believe such language is appropriate here. Why do people of either side choose to politicize disasters like this? Knock it off!

:eusa_hand:

You don't believe such language is "appropriate" here? Are you kidding me? I don't think this board is known for "appropriate."

Looks like first responders did a remarkable job, a passenger noted that a fire fighter entered the rear of the plane before all the passengers deplaned.

NBC is now playing the conversation between the pilot and the tower and other planes in the area. Professionals under extraordinary conditions remain calm and did a exceptional job.

Press conference just started.

Just heard it's the first in SFO history, and the last one with a fatality in the US was in 2001.

so will MSNBC create excuses that conservatives and tea-party can be blamed?

I'm sorry, but I don't believe such language is appropriate here. Why do people of either side choose to politicize disasters like this? Knock it off!

:eusa_hand:

You don't believe such language is "appropriate" here? Are you kidding me? I don't think this board is known for "appropriate."

Sigh... Where I come from, I was taught something called "manners." When people troll threads about tragedy, it makes my blood boil. So I don't do it.

130706_crash_4a.jpg

Why I fly into Oakland

Dang! looking at that plane and hearing eye witness reports that it did a cartwheel, as tragic as it was I'm amazed it wasn't worse. Thoughts and prayers to the families.

Difficult to believe the death toll won't rise, considering the top of that plane being gone, apparently burned off. But I hope they all got off.

am I right? first major airline crash since the one that went down in Long Island? the one that crashed a few weeks/or so after 9/11? (in mainland USA)

The Long Island crash was in 1996.

I think it was maybe November 2001, a plane went down after take off, don't recall what NY Airport, I believe an engine failed and it went down shortly after take off, just don't remember what town, I do recall it landed in a suburb, took out a few homes.

in a way, this reminds me of the plane that lost its "top" in flight. another tragedy from long ago, I think it was on its way to Hawaii, a chunk of the upper body flew off. anyone recall the event? I just remember how they managed to land the plane safely despite the "inconvenience" for the passengers who sat in the rows with no ceiling.

Forum List

Back