Boeing, unions, and the right to work

So what you're saying is unions are criminal organizations where the leadership shakes down the "lower people" and takes their money for their own pleasures.

Nope. Unions are groups of hard working men and women like your friends and neighbors. They just choose to exercize their rights under the law to level the playing field to not be exploited like they do in Right To Work states.

Ahhh, did being a union thug give you enough money to buy your little motorcycle?

You think US companies would prefer to be overseas with less educated workers, more dangerous work environments (terrorism, politics) and the shipping costs of sending the goods "back" to the USA?

You think forcing people to join unions is ok. What about if we make you wear a pink tu-tu at your union job, because those are the rules.....put on your tu-tu fru-fru.

1) If you're, in fact, a Union member you can pay a reduced fee whereby none of your dues go to political contributions. It's the law.

2) Do you honestly believe that if there were no Unions that no more jobs would be sent overseas or across the border?

Do you honestly bvelieve that the faster growth of jobs in Right to Work states as compared to Union states is a coincidence?

Nice dodge to the question. :clap2:

Next time just say you don't know.

Most union workers are lazy ass people that have to be in a thug group to cover up their laziness and greed on the job. As an individual they would be fired for showing up drunk, sleeping on the job, performing at a low level...but as a group of thugs they threaten to stop all work unless the boss lets them get away with it.

Oh, the MAJORITY of workers in this country are non-union...but of course, they are being exploited in your little mind.

FYI...this isn't the 1920s eastern Europe...

So what you're saying is unions are criminal organizations where the leadership shakes down the "lower people" and takes their money for their own pleasures.

Nope. Unions are groups of hard working men and women like your friends and neighbors. They just choose to exercize their rights under the law to level the playing field to not be exploited like they do in Right To Work states.

1) If you're, in fact, a Union member you can pay a reduced fee whereby none of your dues go to political contributions. It's the law.

2) Do you honestly believe that if there were no Unions that no more jobs would be sent overseas or across the border?

Do you honestly bvelieve that the faster growth of jobs in Right to Work states as compared to Union states is a coincidence?

Not a dodge at all. Mandatory union states are loosing jobs and RTW states are gaining them. Ergo, RTW states are not sending [as many] jobs overseas. Union states are. Simplistic, yes. but it is a direct answer to your question.
Sorry if it required you to think. Not your job, huh?

I like unions because they mandate a certain level of quality.

With the recent news of drowsy air traffic controllers, planes rupturing in the air, and flights passing alarmingly close to one another, one might wish Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger were back in the cockpit. But in the two years since he landed a stricken Airbus 320 in the Hudson River, Sullenberger has used the fame he gained from the miraculous landing to push for airline safety, speaking around the country about the importance of airline safety reform and lobbying against cuts to the Federal Aviation Administration.

Sully

Republicans won't be satisfied until everything in this nation is as dangerous as it can possibly be. They are like "termites" gnawing at America's foundation.

When did mental wards get internet connections?

With the recent news of drowsy air traffic controllers, planes rupturing in the air, and flights passing alarmingly close to one another, one might wish Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger were back in the cockpit. But in the two years since he landed a stricken Airbus 320 in the Hudson River, Sullenberger has used the fame he gained from the miraculous landing to push for airline safety, speaking around the country about the importance of airline safety reform and lobbying against cuts to the Federal Aviation Administration.

Sully

Republicans won't be satisfied until everything in this nation is as dangerous as it can possibly be. They are like "termites" gnawing at America's foundation.

Sully

Say what you want, but the only Republican policies that work to build up anything are ones promoting the military. And look, it took only a few dozen to get Bin Laden.
Seriously, what Republican policies are aimed at building or creating anything?

I'm begging. Someone name something good to come out of a Republican policy in the last 10 years.

And they attack everything American. Even unions.

Are you joking?

hes not. sadly.

Then you'll have no problem showing me where your rights are being violated and why the government hasn't prosecuted the violaters.

See you can SAY that your "rights are being violated", but it's quite another showing or proving it.

You said "Being forced..." If you are forced to do anything, you are doing it for reasons that are not free will. If you do something of free will, no force is required to incent you to do it.

Being forced and being allowed to do anything are two quite different propositions.

If one is forced to join a union when he would prefer not to, this is a violation of his rights.

By the same token, if one would prefer to join a union but is prevented, this, too is a violation of his rights.

Say that I don't know what I believe?

Sully

Say what you want, but the only Republican policies that work to build up anything are ones promoting the military. And look, it took only a few dozen to get Bin Laden.

I'm begging. Someone name something good to come out of a Republican policy in the last 10 years.

The role of the government is not one that builds anything. The role of the government is to provide a condition in which the free enterprise of its citizens can build things.

A better way to look at this is to ask what has Liberal policy built up? Huge debt? The debt is around 13+Trillion. 3+ Trillion of that from that last 2 years. 23.0% of the debt accrued during the last 0.9% of the life of the Republic.

If the debt had been built up at that rate during the previous 220 years of the Republic, our debt would be $1,443,000,000,000. For the math challenged like me, that is 1 quadrillion, four hundred foty three trillion. The actual debt built up from the previous 220 years is a rounding error in this scenario.

You just gotta be impressed by that.

Most union workers are lazy ass people that have to be in a thug group to cover up their laziness and greed on the job. As an individual they would be fired for showing up drunk, sleeping on the job, performing at a low level...but as a group of thugs they threaten to stop all work unless the boss lets them get away with it.

Oh, the MAJORITY of workers in this country are non-union...but of course, they are being exploited in your little mind.

Link or any kind of proof please GoneBeserk? Your post is typical for those who have absolutely no clue as to what they're talking about.

You're among those who like to run off at the mouth without the benefit of actual knowledge of the subject.

You need a link that proves union workers many times are overpaid, lazy people compared to their non-union counterparts????

Oh, unions don't threaten with strikes when companies demand better performance/output...that is also a FOX News lie.

Speaking of FOX last year they had video of union autoworkers smoking pot and drinking beer during "work hours" down from the plant in some park, but then they bolted when the TV cameras exposed them.

Link or any kind of proof please GoneBeserk? Your post is typical for those who have absolutely no clue as to what they're talking about.

You're among those who like to run off at the mouth without the benefit of actual knowledge of the subject.

Say that I don't know what I believe?

Yes. I asked about jobs being sent overseas and across the border and you tried to change the subject.

We already know why the RTW states are growing faster in jobs. It's obvious that many companies choose to relocate to states where the average wages are far less due to poverty and education. People there are used to being exploited.

Now....please explain how Unions are the reason we can't compete with third world nations or just ignore the question.

You need a link that proves union workers many times are overpaid, lazy people compared to their non-union counterparts????

Oh, unions don't threaten with strikes when companies demand better performance/output...that is also a FOX News lie.

Speaking of FOX last year they had video of union autoworkers smoking pot and drinking beer during "work hours" down from the plant in some park, but then they bolted when the TV cameras exposed them.

Wow....you're hopeless.

With each passing post you continue to show your ignorance of unions and unionized workers.

The only thing you're being honest about or showing any knowledge about is that you get your news from FOX.

And that explains a whole lot.

Sully

Captain Sullenberger aside,I have to agree unions do "mandate a certain level of quality." They mandate a very low level of quality.
In my 20's I worked in a union machine shop and worked on parts weighing up to 30 tons. I was reprimanded by the union and my foreman for completing my parts faster than anyone had ever done before. I was threatened with firing if I didn't slow down.
I quit! I told the foreman that I refused to work for a company that didn't expect the very best of it's employees.

Sully

Gotta go with GoneBezerk here. You are insane Conservative are all about creating "things". Democrats are all about creating more and more government with the attendant restrictions that limit the ability to create tangible wealth.

The bureaucrats in the former Soviet Union "mandated" quality in everything the country produced, but somehow no one living outside the borders wanted to buy any of these quality products.

Sully

All those air traffic controllers caught sleeping on the job were union men who were "mandated" to produce quality.

I haven't seen many posts more hilarious than yours.

Government doesn't build up anything. It takes from some for the benefit of others, and it always deducts a handling fee.

Unions are about as "American" as the communist party.

Wow....you're hopeless.

With each passing post you continue to show your ignorance of unions and unionized workers.

The only thing you're being honest about or showing any knowledge about is that you get your news from FOX.

I saw the film of those lazy assed UAW members smoking pot and drinking at the local park when they were supposed to be working.

The reality of your typical union member doesn't match your delusions.

The truth hurt's, don't it?

Wow....you're hopeless.

I also saw the film of those lazy assed UAW members smoking pot and drinking at the local park when they were supposed to be working.

You can't argue with video tape. The reality of your typical union member just doesn't match your delusions, does it?

Forum List

Back