Boeing workers on strike want 40% raise

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
And I would love to have a rainbow unicorn to give to my daughter.

Yes, it's over four years, but come on, this is ridiculous and these kind of wage increases, are one of the reasons we have been living in the inflation-age.

Boeing workers on strike for the 1st time in 16 years after 96% vote to reject contract​

The overwhelming vote to reject a contract deal is expected to halt operations in the Seattle area – the hub of Boeing's commercial plane manufacturing – and disrupt the company's supply chain.​

• Of the roughly 30,000 union members, 96 percent of them voted in favor of the strike.
  • Boeing's proposed deal included a pay rise of 25% over four years, which was far lower than the 40% workers had demanded.
  • The decision also comes as Boeing faces intense scrutiny from regulators and customers amid a series of crises, including when door panel blew off a 737 Max Alaska Air jetliner while in January.

From a political standpoint, it will be interesting to see where the candidates line up on this one.

We know Harris will be behind the union.

Where will the blob land?

From a political standpoint, it will be interesting to see where the candidates line up on this one.

Not sure Trump is all that in favor of unions. Few businesspeople want to pay fair wages. That's a big reason for the immigration problem.

And I would love to have a rainbow unicorn to give to my daughter.

Yes, it's over four years, but come on, this is ridiculous and these kind of wage increases, are one of the reasons we have been living in the inflation-age.

Boeing workers on strike for the 1st time in 16 years after 96% vote to reject contract​

The overwhelming vote to reject a contract deal is expected to halt operations in the Seattle area – the hub of Boeing's commercial plane manufacturing – and disrupt the company's supply chain.​

they are skilled craftsmen and should be paid commensurate to current conditions.

" The labourer is worthy of his reward. " 1 timothy 18.19

Boeing is a failing company losing money hand over fist.

It seems sort of silly for the employees to think they should get a huge raise, when the reality is that most companies would ask for concessions to keep the joint afloat.

Maybe America should go on strike and stop paying taxes until Kamala sends home her illegal criminals...

Ahh, here you are!
Why did you run away when I challenged you?!!

He's consistent on immigration. Sadly, also on tariffs.
Is he really that consistent on immigration? His rhetoric is. He hates all brown people. But he won’t come out and say what he’s going to do insofar as how it will look on the ground. Are we going to have ICE agents going house to house checking people’s papers? He won’t say.

Ahh, here you are!
Why did you run away when I challenged you?!!

You got up off the mat? That is where I left you.

Forum List

Back