Border deal is DOA

Proof positive that the Republicans have no honest desire to do anything about illegal immigration. Why would they? Keeping immigration as a crisis red meat for their base.
Proof? With all due respect, Coyote? You know as well as I do that the Democrats haven't wanted to do anything about illegal immigration for the last three years! They let 8,000,000 illegals enter the country. THAT'S EIGHT MILLION!!! The only reason they're pretending to care about it now is that it's the number one issue for voters going into an election year. Those eight million are about to bankrupt cities like New York, Chicago, Boston, Denver, Los Angelos and San Francisco. You on the left promised those illegals free medical...free schooling...free housing...sanctuary cities where they could live without a care! Now it's suddenly dawning on you that you don't have the money to pay for that. So NOW you want to do something about illegal immigration? You told us on the right to pound sand for the past three years! Now you want us to rescue you? Good luck with that! You created this mess...either fix it...or get out of the way and let people who actually CARE about American citizens do it for you!

This what we need.
1706505817855.png

They need to regroup and find a better plan. Johnson wants the two sides to get serious about immigration.

I disagree , there have to be some same republicans. Besides , if they nix this , then they are the ones holding up security at the US border.

I disagree , there have to be some same republicans. Besides , if they nix this , then they are the ones holding up security at the US border.

Republicans want real border security that admits ZERO migrants per day

Not the 5,000 per day that biden is offering

Biden endorses emerging deal to give US new power to clamp down on border crossings

We got senate republicans and Democrats saying "yes".

We got the president saying "yes".

We got house Democrats saying "yes"'.

Do house republicans really wanna own this?
/----/ Did you actually read the article? How absurd. Dementia Joe thinks 4.000 illegals crossing a week is acceptable.

Under the soon-to-be-released package, the Department of Homeland Security would be granted new emergency authority to shut down the border if daily average migrant encounters reach 4,000 over a one-week span. If migrant crossings increase above 5,000 on average per day on a given week, DHS would be required to close the border to migrants crossing illegally not entering at ports of entry. Certain migrants would be allowed to stay if they prove to be fleeing torture or persecution in their countries.

Moreover, if crossings exceed 8,500 in a single day, DHS would be required to close the border to migrants illegally crossing the border. Under the proposal, any migrant who tries to cross the border twice while it is closed would be banned from entering the US for one year.

You're not that bright...are you, Stann? Explain to me why Joe Biden can't simply sign a few Executive Orders to reinstate the border policies that Trump had in place that had the border secure? Explain why you think he needs the GOP to undo something he did on day one of his administration without any help from a single Republican?

Probably a last resort republicans are planning. Walls don't work. China found that out 800 years ago.
And yet we build walls around virtually EVERYTHING that we value? Walls have done a job since the cavemen, Stann! Can they be breached? Eventually but that doesn't mean they don't have a purpose.

1. Republicans in congress say they will impeach DHS secretary for not protecting the border
2. Senate has bill that gives Border Patrol the money they need to better protect the border
3. Biden says he will sign this bill, and shut down the border
4. Republicans in congress say this bill providing funding to Border Patrol is dead on arrival

Funny shit.

1. Republicans in congress say they will impeach DHS secretary for not protecting the border
2. Senate has bill that gives Border Patrol the money they need to better protect the border
4. Republicans in congress say this bill providing funding to Border Patrol is dead on arrival

Funny shit.
Show me the Damn Senate bill.

The House passed HR2 Shit canned in the Senate. Would stop most of this BS.

It is CLEAR. THEY HAVE NO INTENSIONS OF SECURING THE BORDER.

Time for the States to say Fuck you and do it themselves

Funny shit.
Biden could shut down the border tomorrow, Ave! He doesn't need Congress any more than he needed them on day one of his administration when he signed 3 Executive Orders getting rid of Trump border policies! Care to explain why he could act THEN and not act NOW?

Show me the Damn Senate bill.
They haven't finished it so I can't show it to you, but the contents being negotiated are well known. Why do you think the Republicans in congress are rejecting this bill if it is as opaque as you are implying?

Forum List

Back