border security a reflection of where we're headed?

"Republicans can come along for the ride but they gotta sit in the back"
Barack Obama.

I doubt they would want to go where Barack goes ---->
shithole.jpeg

there are places a wall makes sense and there are places it makes much more sense to simply drone and use technology.

now - what make our immigration system so complex that people feel illegal entry is their only hope?

If I were to hazard a guess, it would be the amount of time the naturalization process takes. The immigration problem is complex and has been a problem for a long time. Both parties have taken superficial jabs at it, but nothing of substance is ever done beyond band aid solutions in 40+ years. I've always said this immigration situation will never be 'solved' without full cooperation of both affected countries to completely overhaul it. But that's too much effort for our current congress and *pResident, so the problem will likely persist even after the Orange Virus era. Immigration needs real reform, not some stupid wall. A wall is a band aid solution to me.

so - we don't enforce our laws (and we don't. when trump tried he got crucified for separating families, EVEN THOUGH that's what we do in the US to our own citizens) and when we try, it gets political.

That's a sure sign of a broken system, then. The politics part is nothing new.

why? why is enforcing our laws so political? all i can say is it comes down to our individual insecurities and the way we've simply divided over the last 12+ years. we can't let the other side have what they want or somehow we lose what we want.

Are you new to American politics? Because the 2-party system has operated this way my whole life.

a wall won't fix our fundamental problems of simply not trusting each other. that's on us. until we can find a way to focus on where we agree vs. where we don't this will only get worse.

the border is a crisis point. however, the border alone isn't what will kill this country. we're doing that ourselves and that's the crisis we need to understand.

given our penchant to never dig deep into problems and just react emotionally, i don't see this ending well at all.

The only cogent difference I see in 2019 is the increase in party polarization. Our government doesn't have a great record of deep digging on the issues. Our politicritters currently wear their emotions on their sleeves about every issue. They are a reflection of the voters. We as a country have gotten lethargic and apathetic. I remember when customer service was a priority in most industries. Now it sucks so bad we've conned ourselves into believing that the bare minimum is the new norm. Accountability went extinct a long time ago. Our politicians have simply caught on to the grift and acted accordingly. When we decide to rid ourselves of the blatant corruption that infests our political system, then you may start to see some real changes.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the latter, tho. There's still too much dirty money left out there to be grifted until our economy tanks.

there are places a wall makes sense and there are places it makes much more sense to simply drone and use technology.

now - what make our immigration system so complex that people feel illegal entry is their only hope?

If I were to hazard a guess, it would be the amount of time the naturalization process takes. The immigration problem is complex and has been a problem for a long time. Both parties have taken superficial jabs at it, but nothing of substance is ever done beyond band aid solutions in 40+ years. I've always said this immigration situation will never be 'solved' without full cooperation of both affected countries to completely overhaul it. But that's too much effort for our current congress and *pResident, so the problem will likely persist even after the Orange Virus era. Immigration needs real reform, not some stupid wall. A wall is a band aid solution to me.

so - we don't enforce our laws (and we don't. when trump tried he got crucified for separating families, EVEN THOUGH that's what we do in the US to our own citizens) and when we try, it gets political.

why? why is enforcing our laws so political? all i can say is it comes down to our individual insecurities and the way we've simply divided over the last 12+ years. we can't let the other side have what they want or somehow we lose what we want.

Are you new to American politics? Because the 2-party system has operated this way my whole life.

a wall won't fix our fundamental problems of simply not trusting each other. that's on us. until we can find a way to focus on where we agree vs. where we don't this will only get worse.

the border is a crisis point. however, the border alone isn't what will kill this country. we're doing that ourselves and that's the crisis we need to understand.

given our penchant to never dig deep into problems and just react emotionally, i don't see this ending well at all.

The only cogent difference I see in 2019 is the increase in party polarization. Our government doesn't have a great record of deep digging on the issues. Our politicritters currently wear their emotions on their sleeves about every issue. They are a reflection of the voters. We as a country have gotten lethargic and apathetic. I remember when customer service was a priority in most industries. Now it sucks so bad we've conned ourselves into believing that the bare minimum is the new norm. Accountability went extinct a long time ago. Our politicians have simply caught on to the grift and acted accordingly. When we decide to rid ourselves of the blatant corruption that infests our political system, then you may start to see some real changes.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the latter, tho. There's still too much dirty money left out there to be grifted until our economy tanks.
i suffer no delusions we'll get through this one day, easily or otherwise. we've for some reason dug a ditch and are too stubborn to climb out so we dig deeper.

i suffer no delusions we'll get through this one day, easily or otherwise. we've for some reason dug a ditch and are too stubborn to climb out so we dig deeper.

...And deeper, and deeper, again and again. The very definition of insanity.

it just amazes me grown adults with thousands of years of collective experience can't see and understand this.

it just amazes me grown adults with thousands of years of collective experience can't see and understand this.

Idiocracy. It's practically a documentary at this point.

Forum List

Back