Boss Predicts the Future...

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Okay... So republicans took control of the Senate and now have majority in both houses of Congress. Clearly a mandate against the policies of Obama and the Democrats. Certainly a sign that things are about to change. No more Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi but a distant horrible memory... So what's next? Well, the Boss is here to predict the future, so that you can have some insight into what is about to come down the proverbial pike.

Granted, the various and sundry chairmanships of committees will switch butts in seats. I'm personally excited to see my Senator, Jeff Sessions, in the role of Budget Chair. But there is much more to the operations of Congress than chairmanships. What we have to do is examine what has happened in the past as a way of comprehending what is likely to happen in the future. Here's my prediction:

Republicans, lacking a supermajority, will not be able to effectively govern. The Democrats now revert to Obstruction Mode and simply block any Republican proposal for the next 2 years. The GOP will not be able to undo much, if any, of Barry O's atrocities on humanity. Thus, the economy will remain in the crapper, nothing much will change, and the Democrats will constantly feed off the efforts of the few Republicans who attempt to change the course of the ship. To add to the problem, the GOP is in almost complete dysfunctional disarray. The establishment GOP didn't run on anything this election cycle. They spent their efforts (and big money) attacking and criticizing the Tea Party and the very conservatives who have now given them full control of Congress.

As the 2016 campaign season rolls around, Democrats will turn the gridlock they created into the fault of "do nothing" Republicans. They will argue Republicans have had full control for 2 years and did nothing. All the screwed up mess that has been created by the policies of Obama & Company, will be hung around the neck of Republicans. Calls for new Democrat leadership to "get things done" will be the order of the day.

Sorry I don't have a better prognostication, but I base my predictions on what has happened before. If the Republicans are able to parlay this huge win into any sort of meaningful change, the tactic of the Democrats will be to take full credit for it. Like they did with Welfare Reform under Clinton. It still remains his hallmark achievement, if you don't count the ability to get blow jobs from interns half his age.

I agree that is their strategy but I'm not so sure it will work. This election shows that people are wise to what Obama is doing and want to stop him. I see this as an opportunity for the Republicans to carry out the will of the people. Now, whether they will act on it or not remains to be seen.

The asshole is six years into his job and he still has no idea what the opposition proposes? He is still studying the pipeline from Canada? He doesn't know if we are wining in Iraq against ISIS? He has no clue as to the meaning of this election...."can't read the tea leaves"?

Going back to sleep now.

I agree that is their strategy but I'm not so sure it will work. This election shows that people are wise to what Obama is doing and want to stop him. I see this as an opportunity for the Republicans to carry out the will of the people. Now, whether they will act on it or not remains to be seen.

But that's the whole thing, SJ... as much as they want to "act on it" they really can't. Democrats can effectively block anything they try to do because the GOP doesn't have a super majority to override their obstructionism. If they manage to slip anything through, the president will suddenly discover his veto pen. Then, in a couple of years, the Democrat battle cry will be... Hey, you gave them 2 years and they've done nothing for you! Dumb butts who haven't been keeping up will say, meh... that's right, we did give them control of congress and they've failed to change things.

We've seen this very thing played out before. The GOP can't win here, if anything, this makes the situation worse for them because the perception is, they can effectively govern with full control of Congress. The TRUTH is, they can't, no matter how much they want to or the people want them to. The Democrats will not allow it as long as they can stop them. And they WILL stop them.

The asshole is six years into his job and he still has no idea what the opposition proposes? He is still studying the pipeline from Canada? He doesn't know if we are wining in Iraq against ISIS? He has no clue as to the meaning of this election...."can't read the tea leaves"?

Going back to sleep now.

Hey, I totally agree. I believe Obama is the most incompetent man to ever be elected president. He is SO underqualified he actually makes Biden and Hillary look competent! Now that's saying something. BUT... he is still president for two more years and he doesn't plan to capitulate to Republicans and undo a damn thing he has done so far. Now, the good news is, he can't do much more damage without a majority in Congress and Harry Reid's shenanigans, but hey... he's still got that Executive Order pen and he's not afraid to use it.

Okay... So republicans took control of the Senate and now have majority in both houses of Congress. Clearly a mandate against the policies of Obama and the Democrats. Certainly a sign that things are about to change. No more Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi but a distant horrible memory... So what's next? Well, the Boss is here to predict the future, so that you can have some insight into what is about to come down the proverbial pike.

Granted, the various and sundry chairmanships of committees will switch butts in seats. I'm personally excited to see my Senator, Jeff Sessions, in the role of Budget Chair. But there is much more to the operations of Congress than chairmanships. What we have to do is examine what has happened in the past as a way of comprehending what is likely to happen in the future. Here's my prediction:

Republicans, lacking a supermajority, will not be able to effectively govern. The Democrats now revert to Obstruction Mode and simply block any Republican proposal for the next 2 years. The GOP will not be able to undo much, if any, of Barry O's atrocities on humanity. Thus, the economy will remain in the crapper, nothing much will change, and the Democrats will constantly feed off the efforts of the few Republicans who attempt to change the course of the ship. To add to the problem, the GOP is in almost complete dysfunctional disarray. The establishment GOP didn't run on anything this election cycle. They spent their efforts (and big money) attacking and criticizing the Tea Party and the very conservatives who have now given them full control of Congress.

As the 2016 campaign season rolls around, Democrats will turn the gridlock they created into the fault of "do nothing" Republicans. They will argue Republicans have had full control for 2 years and did nothing. All the screwed up mess that has been created by the policies of Obama & Company, will be hung around the neck of Republicans. Calls for new Democrat leadership to "get things done" will be the order of the day.

Sorry I don't have a better prognostication, but I base my predictions on what has happened before. If the Republicans are able to parlay this huge win into any sort of meaningful change, the tactic of the Democrats will be to take full credit for it. Like they did with Welfare Reform under Clinton. It still remains his hallmark achievement, if you don't count the ability to get blow jobs from interns half his age.
Let obama show what he's made of to the American people let him use his veto pin and let the democrats block good sound legislation.
2016 presidential hopeful hillary just went good bye.
Here in North Carolina Democrat Gov. Purdue last two years had a republican controlled house and senate. she vetoed just about everything they sent to her. The voters became pissed, she decided not to run.

Let obama show what he's made of to the American people let him use his veto pin and let the democrats block good sound legislation.
Here in North Carolina Democrat Gov. Purdue last two years had a republican controlled house and senate. she vetoed just about everything they sent to her. The voters became pissed, she decided not to run.

Exactly which 'good sound legislation' have Republicans written in the last six years?

Exactly which 'good sound legislation' have Republicans written in the last six years?
Look in Reid's trash can.

I'll let someone with more time and patience link you up to the mountain of republican proposals and measures which died a slow death on Harry Reid's desk and were never allowed consideration by the Senate.

I'll let someone with more time and patience link you up to the mountain of republican proposals and measures which died a slow death on Harry Reid's desk and were never allowed consideration by the Senate.

So neither of you can come up with anything?

Have 352 bills passed the House but await action in the Senate?

Basically, yes. We used the THOMAS congressional database to pluck out the 733 measures that have passed the House so far this year. We then weeded out a few categories of bills -- ones that, for procedural reasons, were never intended to go to the Senate (such as election of the Speaker, assignment of lawmakers to committees, and procedural motions) or ones that were subsequently taken up by the Senate (either being passed or rejected).

What remained were 342 individual bills. That’s 10 fewer than what Jenkins claimed, but we have no quarrel with her number, since the difference likely stems from additional bills being passed in the couple of days between when she spoke and when we looked through the database.
Rep. Lynn Jenkins blames Harry Reid for do-nothing Senate PolitiFact

Wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Well the thing is, Obama doesn't have to run again. He can just do whatever the hell he pleases, and he knows full well that nothing is going to be done about it. Do you think Republicans would ever impeach this man? I don't. I think his race buys him a pass on any possibility of impeachment. I've said this before; He could literally murder Michelle and the kids and they could find him with the bloody knife in the Oval Office muttering "REDRUM...REDRUM!" ....And the Democrats, along with their sycophants in the media would defend him! ...Yeah, that damn Michelle was getting on everybody's nerves anyway! THEN...These crazy fuckers would enact the Michelle Obama Memorial School Lunch Act in her honor! Boehner and McConnell right there with them leading the way!

McConnell... On the very day of a sweeping and monumental Republican victory... putting more Republicans in the House than we've seen in virtually our whole lifetime... comes out and declares, right off the bat, before the fucking confetti hits the floors... that Republicans "will not shut down the government!" Republicans massively WIN, and he cedes the power of the purse almost immediately!

Now remember back when Boehner and McConnell warned us that shutting down the government would end up costing Republicans the House? Oh it was going to be tragic! Ted Cruz was going to rue the day he made that boneheaded move.... Republicans were going to pay the price in the midterms... Did you hear anything about it even mentioned? Was it an issue?

Well the thing is, Obama doesn't have to run again. He can just do whatever the hell he pleases, and he knows full well that nothing is going to be done about it. Do you think Republicans would ever impeach this man? I don't. I think his race buys him a pass on any possibility of impeachment. I've said this before; He could literally murder Michelle and the kids and they could find him with the bloody knife in the Oval Office muttering "REDRUM...REDRUM!" ....And the Democrats, along with their sycophants in the media would defend him! ...Yeah, that damn Michelle was getting on everybody's nerves anyway! THEN...These crazy fuckers would enact the Michelle Obama Memorial School Lunch Act in her honor! Boehner and McConnell right there with them leading the way!

McConnell... On the very day of a sweeping and monumental Republican victory... putting more Republicans in the House than we've seen in virtually our whole lifetime... comes out and declares, right off the bat, before the fucking confetti hits the floors... that Republicans "will not shut down the government!" Republicans massively WIN, and he cedes the power of the purse almost immediately!

Now remember back when Boehner and McConnell warned us that shutting down the government would end up costing Republicans the House? Oh it was going to be tragic! Ted Cruz was going to rue the day he made that boneheaded move.... Republicans were going to pay the price in the midterms... Did you hear anything about it even mentioned? Was it an issue?
It's not about obama but 2016

I predict the Right, who blamed everything that happened the last 2 years of the Bush Regime on the Dems who had just taken control of Congress, will blame everything for the next 2 years on Obama now that the GOP have taken control of Congress.

I predict the Right, who blamed everything that happened the last 2 years of the Bush Regime on the Dems who had just taken control of Congress, will blame everything for the next 2 years on Obama now that the GOP have taken control of Congress.
ed the liar does not have a clue, still crying?
10730804_10204410270030477_2633221268122281792_n.jpg

Yes it is, but as we approach the elections of 2016, the Democrats will point to 2 years of Republicans "doing nothing" in Congress because they've threatened to filibuster and shut down government if they didn't get their way, and McConnell and Boehner will fold like cheap K-Mart tents. McConnell already has! He said so yesterday... there will be no government shutdown!

Wasn't an issue in this election... no one even mentioned it... the exit polls showed the biggest two issues were the economy and Ebola! No mention of Ted Cruz or the Tea Party shutting down government... but hey, Mitch says we don't have to worry about that happening again!

Now, if you don't have the power of the purse, and you've essentially telegraphed to the opposition that you plan to cede every debate on funding, how the hell are republicans supposed to stop ANY of the trainwreck that IS the Obama Agenda?

So we will limp into 2016 with hat in hand, trying to explain why we can't get anything done because we don't have a supermajority or Republican president. That's MY prediction, anyway.

I fully expect debt ceiling crises and governmental shutdowns in 2015. You won't see any in 2016. The GOP realizes that it will rightly be blamed for it and they effectively took that club out of the DEM's golfbag for 2014.

Yes it is, but as we approach the elections of 2016, the Democrats will point to 2 years of Republicans "doing nothing" in Congress because they've threatened to filibuster and shut down government if they didn't get their way, and McConnell and Boehner will fold like cheap K-Mart tents. McConnell already has! He said so yesterday... there will be no government shutdown!

Wasn't an issue in this election... no one even mentioned it... the exit polls showed the biggest two issues were the economy and Ebola! No mention of Ted Cruz or the Tea Party shutting down government... but hey, Mitch says we don't have to worry about that happening again!

Now, if you don't have the power of the purse, and you've essentially telegraphed to the opposition that you plan to cede every debate on funding, how the hell are republicans supposed to stop ANY of the trainwreck that IS the Obama Agenda?

So we will limp into 2016 with hat in hand, trying to explain why we can't get anything done because we don't have a supermajority or Republican president. That's MY prediction, anyway.
What do you mean do nothing republicans? how about a crazed veto dictator president?

Forum List

Back