Boss Predicts the Future...

Barney frank is on CNBC arguing this same issue with Larry Kudlow. Barney has a beard. I though he was the wife in his homo family.

Where you been Amos....democrats didn't try ....everyone admits that.
Totally useless response as expected

How do Republicans get bills through the Senate without 60 votes?

Think about it Skippy
they will just need a few moderate dems. You know they exist now, right? Lol

You mean like moderate Republicans existed?
Dont play dum with me. You never answer a question with a question. Yes or no?

OK....here is your answer

You are a fucking idiot if you think that after six years of non-stop filibuster, Republicans will find seven Democrats who are willing to support them
I got some inside knowledge for you, because im the political genius here. Moderates and even some liberals were upset with harry reid for shutting down the senate. Trust me bills will finally get to the president now that reid is gone and not sufficating both gop and democrats. You can come to this conclusion easily if you know politics especially after dems running from the president and with how vulnrable 2016 senate dems are trust me they are still running. Dont fuck with me right wing. Im the last person youd want to fuck with here.

Think about it Skippy

You mean like moderate Republicans existed?
Dont play dum with me. You never answer a question with a question. Yes or no?

OK....here is your answer

You are a fucking idiot if you think that after six years of non-stop filibuster, Republicans will find seven Democrats who are willing to support them
I got some inside knowledge for you, because im the political genius here. Moderates and even some liberals were upset with harry reid for shutting down the senate. Trust me bills will finally get to the president now that reid is gone and not sufficating both gop and democrats. You can come to this conclusion easily if you know politics especially after dems running from the president and with how vulnrable 2016 senate dems are trust me they are still running. Dont fuck with me right wing. Im the last person youd want to fuck with here.

Enjoy your fantasy while you can

Republicans will not find seven democrats who will cross the aisle to help them. They have not exactly built up ANY goodwill over the last six years
Want to actually get bills passed and signed by the president.......be prepared to compromise and realize some language will be deal breakers

Wrong. Stategy is to show competent congress by passing bills lors of bills to presidents desk. Make him veto tons of them. Make sure your clear in how you differ from obama and liberalism take your case to the people. However cave and give in on min wage, energy policy, trade, and agree to lower corporate tax and close loop holes.

How do you propose to get bills up to Obama's desk?

Democrats couldn't get bills through the Senate, what makes you think Republicans can?

Think about it Skippy

They will only get Democrats on bills that are well supported by the public. When the President signs those bills,

he will get the credit.

Okay... So republicans took control of the Senate and now have majority in both houses of Congress. Clearly a mandate against the policies of Obama and the Democrats. Certainly a sign that things are about to change. No more Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi but a distant horrible memory... So what's next? Well, the Boss is here to predict the future, so that you can have some insight into what is about to come down the proverbial pike.

Granted, the various and sundry chairmanships of committees will switch butts in seats. I'm personally excited to see my Senator, Jeff Sessions, in the role of Budget Chair. But there is much more to the operations of Congress than chairmanships. What we have to do is examine what has happened in the past as a way of comprehending what is likely to happen in the future. Here's my prediction:

Republicans, lacking a supermajority, will not be able to effectively govern. The Democrats now revert to Obstruction Mode and simply block any Republican proposal for the next 2 years. The GOP will not be able to undo much, if any, of Barry O's atrocities on humanity. Thus, the economy will remain in the crapper, nothing much will change, and the Democrats will constantly feed off the efforts of the few Republicans who attempt to change the course of the ship. To add to the problem, the GOP is in almost complete dysfunctional disarray. The establishment GOP didn't run on anything this election cycle. They spent their efforts (and big money) attacking and criticizing the Tea Party and the very conservatives who have now given them full control of Congress.

As the 2016 campaign season rolls around, Democrats will turn the gridlock they created into the fault of "do nothing" Republicans. They will argue Republicans have had full control for 2 years and did nothing. All the screwed up mess that has been created by the policies of Obama & Company, will be hung around the neck of Republicans. Calls for new Democrat leadership to "get things done" will be the order of the day.

Sorry I don't have a better prognostication, but I base my predictions on what has happened before. If the Republicans are able to parlay this huge win into any sort of meaningful change, the tactic of the Democrats will be to take full credit for it. Like they did with Welfare Reform under Clinton. It still remains his hallmark achievement, if you don't count the ability to get blow jobs from interns half his age.
Let obama show what he's made of to the American people let him use his veto pin and let the democrats block good sound legislation.
2016 presidential hopeful hillary just went good bye.
Here in North Carolina Democrat Gov. Purdue last two years had a republican controlled house and senate. she vetoed just about everything they sent to her. The voters became pissed, she decided not to run.

The GOP has very few ideas on their agenda that are popular with the American people.
If that were true the Republican's would not have beaten the democrats so badly, and the voters would have voted for the democrats to keep Republicans out of power

The Republicans didn't run on specifics. They ran against the President's inability to get things done, which of course they caused by obstruction.

Now they're where the president was. THEY have to get things done, but they don't have an agenda that sits well with the national electorate.

You are free to list their most popular ideas though, if you want.

Wrong. Stategy is to show competent congress by passing bills lors of bills to presidents desk. Make him veto tons of them. Make sure your clear in how you differ from obama and liberalism take your case to the people. However cave and give in on min wage, energy policy, trade, and agree to lower corporate tax and close loop holes.

Democrats couldn't get bills through the Senate, what makes you think Republicans can?

Think about it Skippy

They will only get Democrats on bills that are well supported by the public. When the President signs those bills,

he will get the credit.

We hope. Obama hasn't done a very good job of pointing out the things that he did pretty well. And Republicans are masters at manipulating public opinion, especially poor opinions about the President.

Think about it Skippy

he will get the credit.

We hope. Obama hasn't done a very good job of pointing out the things that he did pretty well. And Republicans are masters at manipulating public opinion, especially poor opinions about the President.
It's fairly easy to describe a pile of shit. It's a pile of shit.

Predicting the future again:

Congress will pass some popular bipartisan legislation, the president will veto it and claim Republicans sought to starve children, kick old people off a cliff, and drown baby kittens.

Okay... So republicans took control of the Senate and now have majority in both houses of Congress. Clearly a mandate against the policies of Obama and the Democrats. Certainly a sign that things are about to change. No more Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi but a distant horrible memory... So what's next? Well, the Boss is here to predict the future, so that you can have some insight into what is about to come down the proverbial pike.

Granted, the various and sundry chairmanships of committees will switch butts in seats. I'm personally excited to see my Senator, Jeff Sessions, in the role of Budget Chair. But there is much more to the operations of Congress than chairmanships. What we have to do is examine what has happened in the past as a way of comprehending what is likely to happen in the future. Here's my prediction:

Republicans, lacking a supermajority, will not be able to effectively govern. The Democrats now revert to Obstruction Mode and simply block any Republican proposal for the next 2 years. The GOP will not be able to undo much, if any, of Barry O's atrocities on humanity. Thus, the economy will remain in the crapper, nothing much will change, and the Democrats will constantly feed off the efforts of the few Republicans who attempt to change the course of the ship. To add to the problem, the GOP is in almost complete dysfunctional disarray. The establishment GOP didn't run on anything this election cycle. They spent their efforts (and big money) attacking and criticizing the Tea Party and the very conservatives who have now given them full control of Congress.

As the 2016 campaign season rolls around, Democrats will turn the gridlock they created into the fault of "do nothing" Republicans. They will argue Republicans have had full control for 2 years and did nothing. All the screwed up mess that has been created by the policies of Obama & Company, will be hung around the neck of Republicans. Calls for new Democrat leadership to "get things done" will be the order of the day.

Sorry I don't have a better prognostication, but I base my predictions on what has happened before. If the Republicans are able to parlay this huge win into any sort of meaningful change, the tactic of the Democrats will be to take full credit for it. Like they did with Welfare Reform under Clinton. It still remains his hallmark achievement, if you don't count the ability to get blow jobs from interns half his age.
Let obama show what he's made of to the American people let him use his veto pin and let the democrats block good sound legislation.
2016 presidential hopeful hillary just went good bye.
Here in North Carolina Democrat Gov. Purdue last two years had a republican controlled house and senate. she vetoed just about everything they sent to her. The voters became pissed, she decided not to run.

The GOP has very few ideas on their agenda that are popular with the American people.
If that were true the Republican's would not have beaten the democrats so badly, and the voters would have voted for the democrats to keep Republicans out of power

The Republicans didn't run on specifics. They ran against the President's inability to get things done, which of course they caused by obstruction.

Now they're where the president was. THEY have to get things done, but they don't have an agenda that sits well with the national electorate.

You are free to list their most popular ideas though, if you want.
Getting good things done is one thing, what obumer wanted done was failure. Now odumass can do his own thing and veto good bills from Congress but the rest of the dembos will pay for it in 2016.

Predicting the future again:

Congress will pass some popular bipartisan legislation,

What proposed legislation would fit that bill? If it's "popular" and "bipartisan" as you say, chances are enough Democrats will back it to overturn a veto. You think Obama would take that chance on "popular bipartisan legislation"? An overturned veto.

I don't.

I don't think there is anything popular enough and bipartisan enough to overturn a veto.

Now, repeal of Obamacare is certainly popular enough, but the Dems will never overturn a veto if it comes to that.

Forum List

Back