Boss Predicts the Future...

I fully expect debt ceiling crises and governmental shutdowns in 2015. You won't see any in 2016. The GOP realizes that it will rightly be blamed for it and they effectively took that club out of the DEM's golfbag for 2014.

AGAIN... BEFORE THE CONFETTI REACHED THE FLOOR YESTERDAY!

"There will be no government shutdown!" ~Mitch McConnell

Last edited:
Have 352 bills passed the House but await action in the Senate?

Basically, yes. We used the THOMAS congressional database to pluck out the 733 measures that have passed the House so far this year. We then weeded out a few categories of bills -- ones that, for procedural reasons, were never intended to go to the Senate (such as election of the Speaker, assignment of lawmakers to committees, and procedural motions) or ones that were subsequently taken up by the Senate (either being passed or rejected).

What remained were 342 individual bills. That’s 10 fewer than what Jenkins claimed, but we have no quarrel with her number, since the difference likely stems from additional bills being passed in the couple of days between when she spoke and when we looked through the database.
Rep. Lynn Jenkins blames Harry Reid for do-nothing Senate PolitiFact

You can't name just one?

Here's what's going to happen. The GOP Congress is going to find out that the President still has a veto and still makes policy.

Just like Pelosi and Reid found out in 2007 when they promised to end the Iraq War and Bush ESCALATED that fucker.

Meanwhile, McConnell is going to find out being Senate Leader is like Herding Cats, as Trent Lott once put it. He has 52 Egos Larger Than Life who will suddenly find the media cares what they have to say.

And then in 2016, people are going to actually vote, Hillary wins, the Dems take back the Senate when all those crazy Teabaggers get flushed out.

Exactly which 'good sound legislation' have Republicans written in the last six years?

I'll let someone with more time and patience link you up to the mountain of republican proposals and measures which died a slow death on Harry Reid's desk and were never allowed consideration by the Senate.

So you can't even name one, then?

I fully expect debt ceiling crises and governmental shutdowns in 2015. You won't see any in 2016. The GOP realizes that it will rightly be blamed for it and they effectively took that club out of the DEM's golfbag for 2014.

AGAIN... BEFORE THE CONFETTI REACHED THE FLOOR YESTERDAY!

"There will be no government shutdown!" ~Mitch McConnell

Bitch is a liar. Every budget bill will contain a poison pill forcing Obama to veto it so the dishonest GOP can blame THEIR government shutdown on Obama.

Damn it sure didn't take long for the Republicans to start whining and trotting out their excuses for their incompetent, ineffective brand of "leadership"

To fucking funny.

Exactly which 'good sound legislation' have Republicans written in the last six years?

I'll let someone with more time and patience link you up to the mountain of republican proposals and measures which died a slow death on Harry Reid's desk and were never allowed consideration by the Senate.

So neither of you can come up with anything?

Google

About 355,000 results (0.77 seconds)

1. Harry's Hold-Up | GOP
    https://www.gop.com/harrys-hold-up/
    Republican Party

Jul 24, 2014 - Reid Has Allowed Over 40 Jobs Bills To Sit “Languishing In The Senate.... to the floor in exchange for a vote on unemployment insurance. ... have chafed underReid's refusal to allow votes on GOP-sponsored amendments, ...
  2. Harry Reid's Obstructionism | National Review Online
    www.nationalreview.com/.../harry-reids-obstructionism-...
    National Review

Jan 14, 2014 - Harry Reid's Obstructionism - The Senate majority leader's hostility toward ... have been denied votes on their proposed amendments to various bills. ... notallow any Republican amendments on a bill to temporarily extend the ... taking to the Senate floor last week to urge members to “restore the Senate to ...
  3. Senate Candidate Claims Harry Reid Is Conspiring To Let ...
    thinkprogress.org/election/.../david-perdue-obama-tyrann...
    ThinkProgress

Oct 25, 2014 - Senate Candidate Claims Harry Reid Is Conspiring To Let Obama Run ... Boehner refused to allow those bills to the floor, while Republicans in ...
  4. Harry Reid's Senate Blockade - WSJ
    online.wsj.com/.../SB100014240527023040818045...
    The Wall Street Journal

May 13, 2014 - This blockade is now standard procedure as he's refused to allow a vote ... it was understood that any Senator could get a floor vote if he wanted it. ...joined Republicans in demanding an immediate amendment to a bill that ...
  5. Guess How Many Bills the Senate Has Actually Voted on ...
    Guess How Many Awards Hillary Clinton Has Received Since Leaving Office TheBlaze.combills-the-senate-has-act...
    TheBlaze

Jul 14, 2014 - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nev., has presided over a Senate that has had ... has told Republicans he will not allow any amendment votes. ... In May, Democrats again refused to allow amendments to an energy bill and a tax bill, which killed those proposals. ... said on the Senate floor last month.
  6. Harry's rules: Reid dominates crippled Congress ...
    www.washingtontimes.com/.../harrys-rules-reid-d...
    The Washington Times

Jul 7, 2014 - Harry Reid is one of 100 senators, but so far in 2014, he's been responsible ... make it to his chamber floor, what amendments will be allowed to thosebills that ... Republicans, though, attack Mr. Reid as a tyrant who is silencing their ...Their refusal to engage in serious debate is just another symptom of that.
  7. Rep. Lynn Jenkins blames Harry Reid for 'do-nothing ...
    www.politifact.com/.../rep-lynn-jenkins-blames-harry-reid...
    PolitiFact.com

Aug 6, 2014 - "352 bills are sitting on Harry Reid's desk, awaiting action. "98 percent of them passed with bipartisan support -- Republicans and Democrats ... where they would need to be approved before being taken up on the floor.
  8. Reid's Uncompromising Power Play in Senate Rankles ...
    www.nytimes.com/.../reids-uncompromising-power...
    The New York Times

Jan 9, 2014 - Senator Harry Reid has engaged in the greatest consolidation of congressional ... The six Republicans who voted to take up the unemployment bill on Tuesday ... “I would like to take one of the bipartisan bills and allow for a more open ...Mr. Reid said in an interview that Republicans refused to agree to any ...
  9. Reid Blocks Bills, Blames Republicans - Freedom Outpost
    freedomoutpost.com/2014/08/reid-blocks-bills-blames-republicans/

Aug 15, 2014 - Ted Cruz attempted to bring the bill to the Senate floor. In true despotic fashion, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid shut it down. ... it is also his refusal to allow government to function by refusing to introduce the House-passed ...
  10. Harry Reid blocks Republican request to pass bill cracking ...
    Political News and Political Analysis about Congress the President and federal government.harry-reid...republican...bill.../2547118

The asshole is six years into his job and he still has no idea what the opposition proposes? He is still studying the pipeline from Canada? He doesn't know if we are wining in Iraq against ISIS? He has no clue as to the meaning of this election...."can't read the tea leaves"?

Going back to sleep now.

Hey, I totally agree. I believe Obama is the most incompetent man to ever be elected president. He is SO underqualified he actually makes Biden and Hillary look competent! Now that's saying something. BUT... he is still president for two more years and he doesn't plan to capitulate to Republicans and undo a damn thing he has done so far. Now, the good news is, he can't do much more damage without a majority in Congress and Harry Reid's shenanigans, but hey... he's still got that Executive Order pen and he's not afraid to use it.
How many presidents have you lived through?

BOSS, quit fucking whining. WE WON.

btw did you know that the Senate passed a bi partisan, rather comprehensive immigration bill that Bohner won't allow the House to take a vote on.

Why is that boss?

And really boss, you got to start reading better. The question was what particular bill harry blocked.. Not that Harry had blocked bills. The question was what good legislation has been blocked by Harry.

Can you answer that question or you want me to?

I agree that is their strategy but I'm not so sure it will work. This election shows that people are wise to what Obama is doing and want to stop him. I see this as an opportunity for the Republicans to carry out the will of the people. Now, whether they will act on it or not remains to be seen.

But that's the whole thing, SJ... as much as they want to "act on it" they really can't. Democrats can effectively block anything they try to do because the GOP doesn't have a super majority to override their obstructionism. If they manage to slip anything through, the president will suddenly discover his veto pen. Then, in a couple of years, the Democrat battle cry will be... Hey, you gave them 2 years and they've done nothing for you! Dumb butts who haven't been keeping up will say, meh... that's right, we did give them control of congress and they've failed to change things.

We've seen this very thing played out before. The GOP can't win here, if anything, this makes the situation worse for them because the perception is, they can effectively govern with full control of Congress. The TRUTH is, they can't, no matter how much they want to or the people want them to. The Democrats will not allow it as long as they can stop them. And they WILL stop them.

I disagree, sort of. I think there are a number of Democrat Senators that have to face reelection in 2016. Some of them may vote for some of the Republican bills as long as the polls in their state indicates support for the bill being offered. Keystone pipeline and a Republican authored immigration reform bill come to mind. If McConnell refuses to allow a vote on amendments offered by the Democrats, as Harry Reid did to Republican amendments, all bets are off. That is why I said 'sort of'.

The asshole is six years into his job and he still has no idea what the opposition proposes? He is still studying the pipeline from Canada? He doesn't know if we are wining in Iraq against ISIS? He has no clue as to the meaning of this election...."can't read the tea leaves"?

Going back to sleep now.

Hey, I totally agree. I believe Obama is the most incompetent man to ever be elected president. He is SO underqualified he actually makes Biden and Hillary look competent! Now that's saying something. BUT... he is still president for two more years and he doesn't plan to capitulate to Republicans and undo a damn thing he has done so far. Now, the good news is, he can't do much more damage without a majority in Congress and Harry Reid's shenanigans, but hey... he's still got that Executive Order pen and he's not afraid to use it.
How many presidents have you lived through?

I've been around since Ike, but it doesn't matter, I've studied them all... BAR NONE... Obama is the least qualified man to ever hold the office. George W. Bush's DAUGHTERS were more qualified than Obama!

I predict the Right, who blamed everything that happened the last 2 years of the Bush Regime on the Dems who had just taken control of Congress, will blame everything for the next 2 years on Obama now that the GOP have taken control of Congress.
ed the liar does not have a clue, still crying?
10730804_10204410270030477_2633221268122281792_n.jpg

the REAL edthecynic...
schultzcrazy.jpg
My fans are just jealous of me.
Thank you.

So neither of you can come up with anything?

Google

About 355,000 results (0.77 seconds)

1. Harry's Hold-Up | GOP
    https://www.gop.com/harrys-hold-up/
    Republican Party

Jul 24, 2014 - Reid Has Allowed Over 40 Jobs Bills To Sit “Languishing In The Senate.... to the floor in exchange for a vote on unemployment insurance. ... have chafed underReid's refusal to allow votes on GOP-sponsored amendments, ...
  2. Harry Reid's Obstructionism | National Review Online
    www.nationalreview.com/.../harry-reids-obstructionism-...
    National Review

Jan 14, 2014 - Harry Reid's Obstructionism - The Senate majority leader's hostility toward ... have been denied votes on their proposed amendments to various bills. ... notallow any Republican amendments on a bill to temporarily extend the ... taking to the Senate floor last week to urge members to “restore the Senate to ...
  3. Senate Candidate Claims Harry Reid Is Conspiring To Let ...
    thinkprogress.org/election/.../david-perdue-obama-tyrann...
    ThinkProgress

Oct 25, 2014 - Senate Candidate Claims Harry Reid Is Conspiring To Let Obama Run ... Boehner refused to allow those bills to the floor, while Republicans in ...
  4. Harry Reid's Senate Blockade - WSJ
    online.wsj.com/.../SB100014240527023040818045...
    The Wall Street Journal

May 13, 2014 - This blockade is now standard procedure as he's refused to allow a vote ... it was understood that any Senator could get a floor vote if he wanted it. ...joined Republicans in demanding an immediate amendment to a bill that ...
  5. Guess How Many Bills the Senate Has Actually Voted on ...
    Guess How Many Awards Hillary Clinton Has Received Since Leaving Office TheBlaze.combills-the-senate-has-act...
    TheBlaze

Jul 14, 2014 - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nev., has presided over a Senate that has had ... has told Republicans he will not allow any amendment votes. ... In May, Democrats again refused to allow amendments to an energy bill and a tax bill, which killed those proposals. ... said on the Senate floor last month.
  6. Harry's rules: Reid dominates crippled Congress ...
    www.washingtontimes.com/.../harrys-rules-reid-d...
    The Washington Times

Jul 7, 2014 - Harry Reid is one of 100 senators, but so far in 2014, he's been responsible ... make it to his chamber floor, what amendments will be allowed to thosebills that ... Republicans, though, attack Mr. Reid as a tyrant who is silencing their ...Their refusal to engage in serious debate is just another symptom of that.
  7. Rep. Lynn Jenkins blames Harry Reid for 'do-nothing ...
    www.politifact.com/.../rep-lynn-jenkins-blames-harry-reid...
    PolitiFact.com

Aug 6, 2014 - "352 bills are sitting on Harry Reid's desk, awaiting action. "98 percent of them passed with bipartisan support -- Republicans and Democrats ... where they would need to be approved before being taken up on the floor.
  8. Reid's Uncompromising Power Play in Senate Rankles ...
    www.nytimes.com/.../reids-uncompromising-power...
    The New York Times

Jan 9, 2014 - Senator Harry Reid has engaged in the greatest consolidation of congressional ... The six Republicans who voted to take up the unemployment bill on Tuesday ... “I would like to take one of the bipartisan bills and allow for a more open ...Mr. Reid said in an interview that Republicans refused to agree to any ...
  9. Reid Blocks Bills, Blames Republicans - Freedom Outpost
    freedomoutpost.com/2014/08/reid-blocks-bills-blames-republicans/

Aug 15, 2014 - Ted Cruz attempted to bring the bill to the Senate floor. In true despotic fashion, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid shut it down. ... it is also his refusal to allow government to function by refusing to introduce the House-passed ...
  10. Harry Reid blocks Republican request to pass bill cracking ...
    Political News and Political Analysis about Congress the President and federal government.harry-reid...republican...bill.../2547118
All you have shown is the Right lies in packs! :eusa_liar:

Yea, here a list of bills left on Reid's desk ...54 House bills to repeal the Affordable Care Act, and 191 House bills to eviscerate environmental protection.

It is the GOP job bill...a glut of jobs for undertakers, radiation technicians , grave diggers and cemeteries.

Okay... So republicans took control of the Senate and now have majority in both houses of Congress. Clearly a mandate against the policies of Obama and the Democrats. Certainly a sign that things are about to change. No more Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi but a distant horrible memory... So what's next? Well, the Boss is here to predict the future, so that you can have some insight into what is about to come down the proverbial pike.

Granted, the various and sundry chairmanships of committees will switch butts in seats. I'm personally excited to see my Senator, Jeff Sessions, in the role of Budget Chair. But there is much more to the operations of Congress than chairmanships. What we have to do is examine what has happened in the past as a way of comprehending what is likely to happen in the future. Here's my prediction:

Republicans, lacking a supermajority, will not be able to effectively govern. The Democrats now revert to Obstruction Mode and simply block any Republican proposal for the next 2 years. The GOP will not be able to undo much, if any, of Barry O's atrocities on humanity. Thus, the economy will remain in the crapper, nothing much will change, and the Democrats will constantly feed off the efforts of the few Republicans who attempt to change the course of the ship. To add to the problem, the GOP is in almost complete dysfunctional disarray. The establishment GOP didn't run on anything this election cycle. They spent their efforts (and big money) attacking and criticizing the Tea Party and the very conservatives who have now given them full control of Congress.

As the 2016 campaign season rolls around, Democrats will turn the gridlock they created into the fault of "do nothing" Republicans. They will argue Republicans have had full control for 2 years and did nothing. All the screwed up mess that has been created by the policies of Obama & Company, will be hung around the neck of Republicans. Calls for new Democrat leadership to "get things done" will be the order of the day.

Sorry I don't have a better prognostication, but I base my predictions on what has happened before. If the Republicans are able to parlay this huge win into any sort of meaningful change, the tactic of the Democrats will be to take full credit for it. Like they did with Welfare Reform under Clinton. It still remains his hallmark achievement, if you don't count the ability to get blow jobs from interns half his age.

Hate to say it, but I agree with you totally

Republicans will be embroiled with infighting and will be unable to move other than trivial legislation through Congress. They have not exactly built up any goodwill with the Democrats and cannot expect any cooperation.

Gridlock will once again rule

Forum List

Back