Boston Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev sentenced to death

If anybody deserves to die for what they have done, it would be this scum. I'm still against the death penalty, but I won't get too worked up over this particular case. It's a shame that we can't be as positive about the guilt of all the people we execute.
No kidding. There's a series my wife and I watched on Netflix of documentaries on cases where men were nearly executed because a corrupt prosecutor concealed exculpatory evidence, the police looked no further that immediate friends and family, or the Justice system just plain got it wrong.

I've never understood small government types who think government can't handle schools and social programs and such, but is perfectly capable of power of life and death over the individual. I don't trust any government with that power.

You don't trust the entire government because of capitol punishment ? That's nuts. I'm not against capitol punishment as a concept. I just don't think it is something we should do without being positive that we have the right person.
Not quite what I said.

That's exactly what you said. You said you don't trust any government with the power of life or death over an individual. Again, that's nuts.

Thanks for getting it right this time.

If anybody deserves to die for what they have done, it would be this scum. I'm still against the death penalty, but I won't get too worked up over this particular case. It's a shame that we can't be as positive about the guilt of all the people we execute.
No kidding. There's a series my wife and I watched on Netflix of documentaries on cases where men were nearly executed because a corrupt prosecutor concealed exculpatory evidence, the police looked no further that immediate friends and family, or the Justice system just plain got it wrong.

I've never understood small government types who think government can't handle schools and social programs and such, but is perfectly capable of power of life and death over the individual. I don't trust any government with that power.

You don't trust the entire government because of capitol punishment ? That's nuts. I'm not against capitol punishment as a concept. I just don't think it is something we should do without being positive that we have the right person.
Not quite what I said.

That's exactly what you said. You said you don't trust any government with the power of life or death over an individual. Again, that's nuts.

You're right. That is nuts.

The only thing that might prevent the little turd from being found innocent on appeal would be Obama issuing a pre-emptive pardon. Since we all know that's coming why waste time and money on further adjudication?

You could almost wish for a lifetime of living alone in a tiny little cell, 23 hours a day in isolation, no human contact ...

Better yet, put him in the general population and walk away.

The OP is right - the poor, sad, monstrous waste of space will live for a long while while he appeals and appeals.
The Beltway Sniper terrorist (John Allen Muhammad), got dusted after just 5 years (from the time of his sentencing; Feb. 2004 to Nov. 2009) And he killed 27 people.

th

The law requires that every death penalty sentence be reviewed by way of appeal. This is why sentencing someone to death is more expensive that sentencing them to life in prison.

I personally think that life in prison with no chance of parole is a much greater punishment that death. I enjoy the fact that Charlie Manson will never get out no matter what he says or does.

In the case of the Boston bomber, when he is executed, he becomes a martyr to millions.

You could almost wish for a lifetime of living alone in a tiny little cell, 23 hours a day in isolation, no human contact ...

Better yet, put him in the general population and walk away.

The OP is right - the poor, sad, monstrous waste of space will live for a long while while he appeals and appeals.
The Beltway Sniper terrorist (John Allen Muhammad), got dusted after just 5 years (from the time of his sentencing; Feb. 2004 to Nov. 2009) And he killed 27 people.

th
At first I though life imprisonment would be best but I actually think that death after about ten years in jail is the best way to go about it.

The law requires that every death penalty sentence be reviewed by way of appeal. This is why sentencing someone to death is more expensive that sentencing them to life in prison.

I personally think that life in prison with no chance of parole is a much greater punishment that death. I enjoy the fact that Charlie Manson will never get out no matter what he says or does.

In the case of the Boston bomber, when he is executed, he becomes a martyr to millions.
1. I don't buy this crap that the death penalty is more expensive then life in prison.. Sounds like pure BS to me. If in some cases, it ever is more expensive (like 30 years appeals), the answer is simple. Shorten the appeals time. Is anybody going to say that McVeigh's 4 years of appeals would cost more than housing him in prison for a possible 75 years. That's preposterous.

2. As for punishment, 75 years for Tsarnaev would be unimaginably horrendus for him, sure. But it wouldn't eliminate the possibility of him killing again. Only the death penalty can do that.

3. Who cares who becomes a martyr ? I'm tired of hearing that stupid thing. This is WAR. ou could say anybody could become a martyr. You kill EVERY enemy no matter who they are. You think US, British, or Russian soldiers wouldn't have killed Hitler if they had the chance ? Even his own Nazi soldiers tried to kill him.

4. I still wonder about Manson being guilty. Not that he was respectable public citizen # 1, but to base his conviction on the testimony of a 23 year old, college educated, young mom (Linda Kasabian), with her whole good life ahead of her, who was given the choice of life imprisonment, doesn't strike me as exactly valid-prone.

Last edited:

Since Dzhokar was required to plead guilty to each and every element of each and every charge the basis for appeal are severely limited. There might not be one at all.

Charles Manson on the other hand periodically comes up for a parole hearing. Sharon Tate's mother always appeared to argue for denial. She's dead. Only one attorney from the prosecution team is still alive to fight Mason's parole. It would not be at all surprising to see him released. Other members of the Manson family have already been released.

Men like Dzhokar as lifers are incredibly valuable to.the islamic cause. They have years to radicalize other prisoners.

1. I don't buy this crap that the death penalty is more expensive then life in prison.. Sounds like pure BS to me. If in some cases, it ever is more expensive (like 30 years appeals), the answer is simple. Shorten the appeals time. Is anybody going to say that McVeigh's 4 years of appeals would cost more than housing him in prison for a possible 75 years. That's preposterous.

2. As for punishment, 75 years for Tsarnaev would be unimaginably horrendus for him, sure. But it wouldn't eliminate the possibility of him killing again. Only the death penalty can do that.

3. Who cares who becomes a martyr ? I'm tired of hearing that stupid thing. This WAR. You kill EVERY enemy no matter who they are. You think US, British, or Russian soldiers wouldn't have killed Hitler if they had the chance ? Even his own Nazi soldiers tried to kill him.

4. I still wonder about Manson being guilty. Not that he was respectable public citizen # 1, but to base his conviction on the testimony of a 23 year old, college educated, young mom, with her whole good life ahead of her, who was given the choice of life imprisonment, doesn't strike me as exactly valid-prone.
I think he is more of a martyr alive than dead. If whether or not he is a martyr is the consideration I thing he should be taken out and shot immediately. Blown up with a pressure cooker duct taped to his head would be poetic.

3. Who cares who becomes a martyr ? I'm tired of hearing that stupid thing. This WAR. You kill EVERY enemy no matter who they are. You think US, British, or Russian soldiers wouldn't have killed Hitler if they had the chance ? Even his own Nazi soldiers tried to kill him.

4. I still wonder about Manson being guilty. Not that he was respectable public citizen # 1, but to base his conviction on the testimony of a 23 year old, college educated, young mom, with her whole good life ahead of her, who was given the choice of life imprisonment, doesn't strike me as exactly valid-prone.
I think he is more of a martyr alive than dead. If whether or not he is a martyr is the consideration I thing he should be taken out and shot immediately. Blown up with a pressure cooker duct taped to his head would be poetic.
Let the punishment fit the crime.

Think about the hypocrisy. The Mass. commonwealth outlawed capital punishment but when push came to shove the good people of Mass authorized capital punishment if the Feds do the dirty deed. Bunch of freaking cowards.

BBdeath1.jpg

bbdeath.GIF

The end. Well, maybe not, if the asshole appeals.

I am against the death penalty in a case like this, except when its handed down in a state that doesn't actually carry it out. Having him be tortured and suffer living like a caged rat the rest of his life is far more of a just punishment for his crime, than providing him with the option of a painless death, in an instant.

BBdeath1.jpg

bbdeath.GIF

I am against the death penalty in a case like this, except when its handed down in a state that doesn't actually carry it out. Having him be tortured and suffer living like a caged rat the rest of his life is far more of a just punishment for his crime, than providing him with the option of a painless death, in an instant.

But, that's how the jury decided.

BBdeath1.jpg

bbdeath.GIF

But, that's how the jury decided.

Easy way out for him. He should suffer living in a cage for the next 70 to 80 years. Which I believe is what will happen anyhow considering Massachusetts doesn't have the death penalty.

Easy way out for him. He should suffer living in a cage for the next 70 to 80 years. Which I believe is what will happen anyhow considering Massachusetts doesn't have the death penalty.

Massachusetts has nothing to say in the matter.

Federal charges
Federal court
Federal conviction
Federal penalty
(subject to appeal after appeal and ultimate presidential pardon)

Think about the hypocrisy. The Mass. commonwealth outlawed capital punishment but when push came to shove the good people of Mass authorized capital punishment if the Feds do the dirty deed. Bunch of freaking cowards.

The Communistwealth of Massachusetts does not have the death penalty because nobody in the Government here would have the balls to kill a criminal. Instead they want to give them sex change operations and decriminalize/refuse to prosecute most crimes around here.

That does not have any effect on the Federal Government's prosecution of an individual on Capital Crimes. Honestly I was SHOCKED to find they could come up with 14 Death Penalty Approved jurors in that part of the State. The fact that they then came back with a Death Sentence surprised me even more.

Is it possible that 14 people in Taxachusetts were smart enough to figure out that if they didn't sentence the little turd to die that their own lives might be on the line? Or do none of them have neighbors?

Forum List

Back