Boston Marathon Bombing

They can check my bag anytime they want to. I have nothing to hide. If it helps keep everyone in the USA safer...then by all means, be my guest to check.

But that's me.

how far will you go

how much freedom will you give up

to help keep us safe

will you allow the cops to search your home

would you allow the government to control

what books you can read

how about listening in on your phone calls

or searching your bank accounts

No
No
No
No

But, if I chose to use a service, i.e. airline, then I have to go by their rules. Otherwise....drive. Flying in a plane is not a right. You want to use their service? Go by their rules. If I go to a ballpark and they want to check my bags? Fine. If I go in a mall and have packages with me from another mall or even a huge purse and they want to check it? Fine. I am entering their mall. I go by their rules. Or...I don't go to their mall at all. My choice.
TSA isn't just at air ports anymore.

All these war vets and not one of them has noticed.

Two bombs 130 people hurt and only three killed. The bombs were not designed to kill but blow legs off. Low level flying schrapnel. Just like the IEDs in Afganistan. The bombs exploded down and out. That's bomb design.

No they were poorly executed. That's why so few died.

The media hounds will be all over the Boston bombing.
Obama will likely recall Rahm “never let a good crisis go to waste” Emanuel and try to slide gun control through in the frenzy.

Obama will likely recall Rahm “never let a good crisis go to waste” Emanuel and try to slide gun control through in the frenzy.

That's utterly retarded. How is a bombing going to lead to gun control? That's like thinking there would be major restrictions on cars because a plane flew into the World Trade Centers.

All these war vets and not one of them has noticed.

Two bombs 130 people hurt and only three killed. The bombs were not designed to kill but blow legs off. Low level flying schrapnel. Just like the IEDs in Afganistan. The bombs exploded down and out. That's bomb design.

No they were poorly executed. That's why so few died.

It all depends on what the objective was if it was poorly executed.

If this attack did nothing else it absolutely shined a very bright light on the extent of division in the country and answer the question of whether or not it will survive intact.

You are correct.

When we were attacked on 9/11, nearly the entire country was behind Bush. When we are attacked now, many righties attack Obama instead of supporting him. Most of the righties are showing their true colors.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Have you heard the latest about how they're going to be checking everyone's bags and backpacks in Boston? We've completely lost our freedom. The terrorists won after 9/11, we are the ones who lost our freedom with the TSA and the patriot act, this is just going to put us that much more over the line into a fascist state.

Put a hold on the hyperbole. Additional security in the wake of a bombing that killed 3 and injured 140 is not "fascist" :rolleyes: and it doesn't mean we have lost our freedom. Stop being dramatic for the sake of being dramatic. There is plenty of real drama associated with the events of yesterday.

Last edited:
You are correct.

When we were attacked on 9/11, nearly the entire country was behind Bush. When we are attacked now, many righties attack Obama instead of supporting him. Most of the righties are showing their true colors.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Have you heard the latest about how they're going to be checking everyone's bags and backpacks in Boston? We've completely lost our freedom. The terrorists won after 9/11, we are the ones who lost our freedom with the TSA and the patriot act, this is just going to put us that much more over the line into a fascist state.

Put a hold on the hyperbole. Additional security in the wake of a bombing that killed 3 and injured 140 is not "fascist" :rolleyes: and it doesn't mean we have lost our freedom. Stop being dramatic for the sake of being dramatic. There is plenty of real drama associated with the events of yesterday.
How many billions does DHS receive? With all those tools that have to do the job they are supposed to do why didn't they before the race search the are around the finish line?
After all this is one of the biggest races in America.
Two block sweep around the finish line could have prevented this. Is it too much to expect DHS to do their job?

Once bitten, twice shy.

How many billions does DHS receive? With all those tools that have to do the job they are supposed to do why didn't they before the race search the are around the finish line?
Two block sweep around the finish line could have prevented this. Is it too much to expect DHS to do their job?

They probably did. Thousands and thousands of people walk all up and down the street there on race day. Anyone could have walked in with a backpack and dropped something in trash cans on the sidewalk.

Once bitten, twice shy.

No doubt I worked for a time as a guard and it was just your basic event stuff and something like checking for parked cars that seemed out of place, bags left unattended checking in garbage cans around the finish line or stage area would almost go without saying...and then if the had actually received warnings it boggles the mind no one would notice someone placing bombs in multiple locations

Once bitten, twice shy.

What if they were? What's to say that it would have still happened anyway?

They probably did. Thousands and thousands of people walk all up and down the street there on race day. Anyone could have walked in with a backpack and dropped something in trash cans on the sidewalk.

There were two time bombs to go off at a certain time. You don't just carry those things around and drop them like trash. They can go off while their being carried around. You place the bomb and set the time.

simple logic.. reasonably diligent patrols would have spotted this.. no question

What if obama had been there, don't you think things would have turned out differently?

simple logic.. reasonably diligent patrols would have spotted this.. no question

Way to much to ask for. Now if their had been an old grand mother or a little six years old DHS would have been all over this.

What if obama had been there, don't you think things would have turned out differently?

dude I swear if the shitty event security I worked for was put in charge of securing the stage area it would have turned out diffrently

There were two time bombs to go off at a certain time. You don't just carry those things around and drop them like trash. They can go off while their being carried around. You place the bomb and set the time.

Actually these bombs were remotely detonated, they were IED's. That's why all cell phone service was shut down for the entire city. There were no timers, no wires, no way of knowing.

Actually these bombs were remotely detonated, they were IED's. That's why all cell phone service was shut down for the entire city. There were no timers, no wires, no way of knowing.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they were time bombs.

Actually no one knows how they were detonated yet. No one knows anything other than it was a piss poor execution.

That's utterly retarded. How is a bombing going to lead to gun control? That's like thinking there would be major restrictions on cars because a plane flew into the World Trade Centers.

Ask Obama.

What if John F. Kennedy had the top down on his convertible, would things have turned out differently? What if this, what if that. No. I don't think Obama would have been allowed in such a densely populated area, too many risks to the President.

What if Boston Police had been less complacent? Would things have turned out differently? Perhaps, but they are not to blame.

What if the DHS didn't do it's job at all? The undetonated bombs may have been left in their original locations to go off and cause even more death and destruction. We can go on about who didn't do what, but it doesn't change the fact that more people could have died.

Forum List

Back