Boston Marathon Bombing

There were two time bombs to go off at a certain time. You don't just carry those things around and drop them like trash. They can go off while their being carried around. You place the bomb and set the time.

Actually these bombs were remotely detonated, they were IED's. That's why all cell phone service was shut down for the entire city. There were no timers, no wires, no way of knowing.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they were time bombs.

Hmm, there's only one way to know. We must wait for further information.

What if they were? What's to say that it would have still happened anyway?

What if obama had been there, don't you think things would have turned out differently?

What if John F. Kennedy had the top down on his convertible, would things have turned out differently? What if this, what if that. No. I don't think Obama would have been allowed in such a densely populated area, too many risks to the President.

What if Boston Police had been less complacent? Would things have turned out differently? Perhaps, but they are not to blame.

What if the DHS didn't do it's job at all? The undetonated bombs may have been left in their original locations to go off and cause even more death and destruction. We can go on about who didn't do what, but it doesn't change the fact that more people could have died.

The what if is what DHS get's paid to do, remember that. They failed.

they probably did. Thousands and thousands of people walk all up and down the street there on race day. Anyone could have walked in with a backpack and dropped something in trash cans on the sidewalk.

there were two time bombs to go off at a certain time. You don't just carry those things around and drop them like trash. They can go off while their being carried around. You place the bomb and set the time.

actually these bombs were remotely detonated, they were ied's. That's why all cell phone service was shut down for the entire city. There were no timers, no wires, no way of knowing.

yes there is.. There would be a known number and location of garbage containers especially at he main staging area..the items in these cans are going to be ones typical to such events...99% of it will be loose paper and plastics and light with nothing resembling a package .part of the guards round s are to check this cans regularly on his patrol with a "stick" giving a quick look for any kind of object resembling a package with any weight to it

Actually these bombs were remotely detonated, they were IED's. That's why all cell phone service was shut down for the entire city. There were no timers, no wires, no way of knowing.

I will say that a remotely detonated bomb is very unstable too many cell phones could make it go off before it was supposed to.

How many billions does DHS receive? With all those tools that have to do the job they are supposed to do why didn't they before the race search the are around the finish line?
After all this is one of the biggest races in America.
Two block sweep around the finish line could have prevented this. Is it too much to expect DHS to do their job?

They probably did. Thousands and thousands of people walk all up and down the street there on race day. Anyone could have walked in with a backpack and dropped something in trash cans on the sidewalk.

There were two time bombs to go off at a certain time. You don't just carry those things around and drop them like trash. They can go off while their being carried around. You place the bomb and set the time.

Or leave them somewhere and then set them off via cell phone. That's why cell service was cut off in the area after the blasts.

They probably did. Thousands and thousands of people walk all up and down the street there on race day. Anyone could have walked in with a backpack and dropped something in trash cans on the sidewalk.

Or leave them somewhere and then set them off via cell phone. That's why cell service was cut off in the area after the blasts.

You do realize remotely detonated bombs can be set off with more than just the bombers phone? That large of a crowd too many phones could make the bomb go off before it was supposed to.

How many billions does DHS receive? With all those tools that have to do the job they are supposed to do why didn't they before the race search the are around the finish line?
Two block sweep around the finish line could have prevented this. Is it too much to expect DHS to do their job?

simple logic.. reasonably diligent patrols would have spotted this.. no question

There obviously is a question. Maybe you don't appreciate how crowded and fluid that area is there by the finish line on race day.

What if obama had been there, don't you think things would have turned out differently?

The President wouldn't have been there because it is too hard to restrict access from every possible direction.

You do realize remotely detonated bombs can be set off with more than just the bombers phone? That large of a crowd too many phones could make the bomb go off before it was supposed to.

Don't argue with me. That is why they cut off cell phone service in the area. They are still investigating all this, so no one knows exactly what kind of bombs they were at this point.

Don't argue with me. That is why they cut off cell phone service in the area. They are still investigating all this, so no one knows exactly what kind of bombs they were at this point.
Cell phone service was not cut off.
Boston cellphone service remains up - Salon.com
Y
Now you aren't understanding what I am saying. the bomber would not have used a remotely detonated bomb with all those cell phones in that area.

I will say that a remotely detonated bomb is very unstable too many cell phones could make it go off before it was supposed to.

True enough. I'm searching for answers though, I hate jumping to conclusions. We will simply have to find out the particulars as information becomes available.

It may be back up now, but it was.

Now you aren't understanding what I am saying. the bomber would not have used a remotely detonated bomb with all those cell phones in that area.

No, YOU aren't understanding. Nobody knows for sure at this point, but investigators are going on that likely possibility.

From my link that you didn't quote from my post

But officials with Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel said there had been no such requests.

From my link that you didn't quote from my post

But officials with Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel said there had been no such requests.

Local officials were on the local news shortly after the blasts indicating that it was cut off. Maybe cell towers in the immediate area were disabled on the spot without waiting to tell providers. Maybe some sort of signal block was generated within the area. I don't know those details.

Forum List

Back