Boston Marathon Bombing

maybe if you bitch loud enough we will get to a point where any free event is no longer free and in fact every person attending will be assigned a cop or other security official to watch them. And i suppose the cops and security officials will need someone to watch them as well.

Heck let's just stop having events period. Look at eots agitating for a police state. And bugger is right behind him.

thats your fantasy scenario not mine..the start and finish line of an event can be secured without charging for the event or needing a guard for every person ..like i said you dont watch the crowd they are a herd and basically move and act like one..you watch the key areas ..you watch those peopel separate from the crowd or acting independently from the crowd
you don't know what you're talking about. A lot of the spectators on the route set up to hang out for hours and there is no way, without assigning a cop per person, that every bad thing can be prevented. But you want the government to make things different, don't you little boy? Your vast experience working security at boy band concerts is laughable.

i never said ever bad thing could be prevented.. I said the area should be secure enough someone cant walk around with a bag of bombs placing them in garbage cans unoticed

maybe if you bitch loud enough we will get to a point where any free event is no longer free and in fact every person attending will be assigned a cop or other security official to watch them. And i suppose the cops and security officials will need someone to watch them as well.

Heck let's just stop having events period. Look at eots agitating for a police state. And bugger is right behind him.

thats your fantasy scenario not mine..the start and finish line of an event can be secured without charging for the event or needing a guard for every person ..like i said you dont watch the crowd they are a herd and basically move and act like one..you watch the key areas ..you watch those peopel separate from the crowd or acting independently from the crowd

why the need to monday morning quarterback?

because there are big and far reaching consequences for these failings of security

I doubt DHS was even involved in the Boston marathon security and I know for a fact that you'd be peeing your pants in fear if they had been.

This is correct. The DHS played no part in security. Such security duties are left at the state and local level. They responded immediately and began assisting the Boston Police Department in their investigations, along with the FBI, National Guard and state police. In my city at least, security for large events is provided by the local police department, and a few state police officers. You don't see anyone from the National Guard or DHS there.

Last edited:

why the need to monday morning quarterback?

because there are big and far reaching consequences for these failings of security

And for some reason you want to boast that if YOU had been in charge there is no way this could have happened?

I doubt DHS was even involved in the Boston marathon security and I know for a fact that you'd be peeing your pants in fear if they had been.

This is correct. The DHS played no part in security. Such security duties are left at the state and local level. They responded immediately and began assisting the Boston Police Department in their investigations, along with the FBI, National Guard and state police. In my city at least, security for large events is provided by the local police department, and a few state police officers. You don't see anyone from the National Guard or DHS there.

Right, and there is no reason for the federal government to take over security details from the locals as bugger and eots want them to do.

i doubt dhs was even involved in the boston marathon security and i know for a fact that you'd be peeing your pants in fear if they had been.

this is correct. The dhs played no part in security. Such security duties are left at the state and local level. They responded immediately and began assisting the boston police department in their investigations, along with the fbi, national guard and state police. In my city at least, security for large events is provided by the local police department, and a few state police officers. You don't see anyone from the national guard or dhs there.

right, and there is no reason for the federal government to take over security details from the locals as bugger and eots want them to do.

I could careless who does it as long as they do an exceptional job of it..

Nothing has been wasted. That's a bad attitude.

Large events are managed the best way possible, but some turkey can always slip in (obviously) as they did in Boston. Nothing is ever 100% secure.

That's total bullshit DHS failed their job.

I can see you were born under the swamp because you know nothing of consequence.
You failed at YOUR JOB to be informed about who does what in these circumstances.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 100% SECURITY ANYWHERE OR ANYTIME.

nothing has been wasted. That's a bad attitude.

Large events are managed the best way possible, but some turkey can always slip in (obviously) as they did in boston. Nothing is ever 100% secure.

it might not be secure for every possibility but it can be reasonable secure from multiple devices being placed in multiple receptacles in a relatively small area

Yeah. But have you ever been to a race or marathon? I've been to lots. There are "DISPOSABLE" cardboard trash cans with plastic liners. So many people are milling around that one can't watch everybody. But they are collecting videos of people taking pix and will be accessing all the city's cameras. Boston has more cameras than NYC I think.

Security in that area would not be possible unless they completely change the nature of the venue.

If you've ever been to the Boston Marathon there you'd understand how nearly impossible it would be to truly secure the area.

I mean you could secure it, but then there'd be nobody at the finish line.

There are spectators along the whole 26 miles of that race and the last few blocks down from MASS AVE on Boyleston Street is a teaming mass of humanity.

DHS is ALWAYS involved in large sporting events like SuperBowl, Boston Marathon, NYC Marathon, etc. Standard procedure along with all the other state & local law enforcement people.

Security in that area would not be possible unless they completely change the nature of the venue.

If you've ever been to the Boston Marathon there you'd understand how nearly impossible it would be to truly secure the area.

I mean you could secure it, but then there'd be nobody at the finish line.

There are spectators along the whole 26 miles of that race and the last few blocks down from MASS AVE on Boyleston Street is a teaming mass of humanity.

Well that's what I said basically. You can "reasonably secure" an event, but nothing is ever 100% locked down or we'd be in prison.

yes i do.. Because i have done event security you are not trying to watch the crowd the crowd is like a herd of cattle....you look for the unusual not the usual..

and you realize how many people walk around with backpacks in a college town like boston?

how many walking around the finish line dropping off packages in several receceptacles??

Thousands, or the streets would be lined with rubbish.
Get real.
You have a large, mobile crowd of people, many away from home so carrying backpacks.
A large number will toss things in bins and there's little of no chance of knowing who, as cameras will not be able to see through the crowd to something at waist height.
Unless the area is gated, with security checks as you go in, it's an easy target for a murderous idiot.

Newspapers/press seem to be printing whatever they fancy.
3 dead or 12 dead.
BBC News - FBI probes deadly Boston Marathon 'terror' blasts
three people dead and at least 140 injured.

Authorities ID person of interest as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital - NYPOST.com
12 DEAD, 50 INJURED AFTER 2 EXPLOSIONS ROCK BOSTON MARATHON

A Saudi national has been arrested
20 Year Old Arab Arrested For Boston Explosion | Blogging/Citizen Journalism
or is just a person of interest
Authorities ID person of interest as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital - NYPOST.com
or not at all
Boston explosions: three dead, no arrests, no claims of responsibility | World news | guardian.co.uk
Some news agencies had reported on Monday evening that a suspect in the explosions was under guard at a hospital in the city, but Boston police commissioner Edward Davis said the reports were "not true".

There is no real news as to who, just wild rumours and guess work.
Add a few politically motivated fools, and you have a pile of old tripe but few facts.

The 26th mile of the race had been dedicated to the Newtown NRA victims .More and more It's pointing to home grown Right wing terrorists.

'You can't go anywhere': Newtown runner's wife speaks - U.S. News

STFU.

Nobody knows for sure yet. The first thing the left does is try to blame Americans and the first thing the right does is blame somebody outside of America. What does that tell you? Huh???

Personally I don't think anyone other than the folks at the marathon knew that the event was supposed to be some kind of Newtown dedication. And if so why would rightwingers want to harm the parents of the Sandyhook massacre? It's not their fault they're being used as pawns in yet another gun-grab attempt.

Forum List

Back