Boston Marathon Bombing

It may be back up now, but it was.
From my link that you didn't quote from my post

But officials with Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel said there had been no such requests.

Local officials were on the local news shortly after the blasts indicating that it was cut off. Maybe cell towers in the immediate area were disabled on the spot without waiting to tell providers. Maybe some sort of signal block was generated within the area. I don't know those details.

It would be the provider who shut off the service, and it was the provider who said no request was made.

what if they were? What's to say that it would have still happened anyway?

simple logic.. Reasonably diligent patrols would have spotted this.. No question

there obviously is a question. Maybe you don't appreciate how crowded and fluid that area is there by the finish line on race day.

Yes I do.. Because I have done event security you are not trying to watch the crowd the crowd is like a herd of cattle....you look for the unusual not the usual..

Last edited:
From my link that you didn't quote from my post

Local officials were on the local news shortly after the blasts indicating that it was cut off. Maybe cell towers in the immediate area were disabled on the spot without waiting to tell providers. Maybe some sort of signal block was generated within the area. I don't know those details.

It would be the provider who shut off the service, and it was the provider who said no request was made.

Thank you for completely ignoring what I posted.

Thank you for completely ignoring what I posted.

I didn't ignore what you said because your are mistaken.

simple logic.. Reasonably diligent patrols would have spotted this.. No question

there obviously is a question. Maybe you don't appreciate how crowded and fluid that area is there by the finish line on race day.

Yes I do.. Because I have done event security you are not trying to watch the crowd the crowd is like a herd of cattle....you look for the unusual not the usual..
Maybe if you bitch loud enough we will get to a point where any free event is no longer free and in fact every person attending will be assigned a cop or other security official to watch them. And I suppose the cops and security officials will need someone to watch them as well.

Heck let's just stop having events period. Look at eots agitating for a police state. And bugger is right behind him.

"The Boston Globe announced that there would be a controlled explosion today as a part of police bomb squad drill. Fascinatingly this happened concurrently to today's bombing.

Here is the link to the Boston Globe's announcement on Twitter. I have verified it myself and am providing a link. Announcement is timestamped."

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/323886879453892609

Part of the intrigue is the trend of police anti-terror drills happening at the exact same time as actual terror attacks occurring. This was the case on 9/11/2001 as well.

You do realize how full of shit you are, right?

Last edited:

And you realize how many people walk around with backpacks in a college town like Boston?

ALL POLICE DEPARTMENTS have the ability to kill cell phone service in a limited area with jammers. They've all got the legal ability to do it in an emergency situation too. No fisa needed. A cell phone can detonate an IED, so they shut them down while the first responders go in.

My opine: domestic radicals - it's April/May and the civil disobedience groups worldwide are most active during that timeframe.

yes i do.. Because i have done event security you are not trying to watch the crowd the crowd is like a herd of cattle....you look for the unusual not the usual..

and you realize how many people walk around with backpacks in a college town like boston?

how many walking around the finish line dropping off packages in several receceptacles??

Maybe if you bitch loud enough we will get to a point where any free event is no longer free and in fact every person attending will be assigned a cop or other security official to watch them. And I suppose the cops and security officials will need someone to watch them as well.

Heck let's just stop having events period. Look at eots agitating for a police state. And bugger is right behind him.
Billions of dollars wasted. DHS should be shut down. Hows that?

yes i do.. Because i have done event security you are not trying to watch the crowd the crowd is like a herd of cattle....you look for the unusual not the usual..
maybe if you bitch loud enough we will get to a point where any free event is no longer free and in fact every person attending will be assigned a cop or other security official to watch them. And i suppose the cops and security officials will need someone to watch them as well.

thats your fantasy scenario not mine..the start and finish line of an event can be secured without charging for the event or needing a guard for every person ..like i said you dont watch the crowd they are a herd and basically move and act like one..you watch the key areas ..you watch those peopel separate from the crowd or acting independently from the crowd

Nothing has been wasted. That's a bad attitude.

Large events are managed the best way possible, but some turkey can always slip in (obviously) as they did in Boston. Nothing is ever 100% secure.

nothing has been wasted. That's a bad attitude.

Large events are managed the best way possible, but some turkey can always slip in (obviously) as they did in boston. Nothing is ever 100% secure.

it might not be secure for every possibility but it can be reasonable secure from multiple devices being placed in multiple receptacles in a relatively small area

I doubt DHS was even involved in the Boston marathon security and I know for a fact that you'd be peeing your pants in fear if they had been.

maybe if you bitch loud enough we will get to a point where any free event is no longer free and in fact every person attending will be assigned a cop or other security official to watch them. And i suppose the cops and security officials will need someone to watch them as well.

thats your fantasy scenario not mine..the start and finish line of an event can be secured without charging for the event or needing a guard for every person ..like i said you dont watch the crowd they are a herd and basically move and act like one..you watch the key areas ..you watch those peopel separate from the crowd or acting independently from the crowd

Why the need to Monday Morning Quarterback?

You don't know what you're talking about. A lot of the spectators on the route set up to hang out for hours and there is no way, without assigning a cop per person, that every bad thing can be prevented. But you want the government to make things different, don't you little boy? Your vast experience working security at boy band concerts is laughable.

Forum List

Back