Bowl Season kicks off today!

Its not the time or the place of course but currently the Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl (that is the official name) is on right now. The taxpayers of Utah and the taxpayers of Oregon have sent their state funded university schools (Utah State and Oregon State) to LA to play in this bowl game. It would be tragic, I'm sure, to consider how many more students these schools could be educating if they were not taking part in this silly exercise.
I don't think it costs the schools a dime, bowl games pay the teams to play. Of course, those earnings won't be going towards education, and anything left over probably gets split up amongst the athletic dept.

I don't think it costs the schools a dime, bowl games pay the teams to play. Of course, those earnings won't be going towards education, and anything left over probably gets split up amongst the athletic dept.
The conferences get paid millions of dollars for every one of their teams that play in a bowl. Then inference then doles that money out. These schools are paying any money out of pocket to go to these bowl games. They are making money

Maybe. Maybe not. Again, not the thread to discuss it. Meanwhile with 2:43 left in the half, Oregon State and Uta are in a dogfight 14-10 Aggies.

Forum List

Back