Boy........Did we ever get Schlonged

Private sector created those jobs, just thinking up of a job is not creating a job. dip shit
If the private sector wanted to go to the moon, they would have done it on their own.
It was only when the government decided to foot the bill that they hired those employees

The answer to your quandary was in your post. You said "IF the private sector wanted to go to the moon." That's the whole point. The citizens of America didn't want to go to the moon. They certainly didn't want to pay for it.
I saw them cheering in the streets
Most still say it was the proudest moment in their lives
They wouldn't pay for it without government compelling them to pay for it. That's the bottom line.
Bottom line is Americans overwhelmingly demanded and supported the space program.

It happened after Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin
Americans did not demand the space program. You are confusing Americans with Kennedy.

The Space Race Begins. It is 1957 and the U.S. and the Soviet Union are locked into the Cold War. The Soviet Union has just launched the world's first satellite, Sputnik. Fearful of Soviet military control of space, the Americans quickly ready a rocket.

The Space Race - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

OK...let's look at the example we are avoiding

Paying for healthcare

If you are 25 years old, starting a family. You have to pay rent, utilities, maybe a college loan, car costs, car insurance and food. Your health insurance bill would be an additional $500 a month. You feel healthy and think you can last the year without a serious medical problem. You have never been sick...why not take a chance?
You come down with cancer.......should you die as a "consequence"?
Wait a minute. Insurance is not health care, it is insurance. Do you have any idea how much money is wasted on paying for something that does not do one thing for improving health care? It is massive.
Bingo! Insurance should be a choice, should never forced on anybody otherwise it's just legalized extortion.

Simple post by a simple mind ^^^.

Guess what, the uninsured get run over by cars, fall off cliffs and have heart a attacks, diabetes and AIDS. They go to, or are driven by ambulance, to the ER and receive treatments. They get a bill which they cannot pay and the cost of their treatment goes to the taxpayer.

Getting physical exams is preventative medicine, that you've been told to believe that is not so, and believe it, makes you a fool.
I've been smart enough to save money and stay 100% out of debt. So I don't have to worry about insurance or rather the lack of... :lmao:
see you guys just can't help it, progressive control freaks cannot tolerate anyone disagreeing with them… Fact
I'm impressed.

Can you afford $500,000 in cancer treatments or a million dollar heart transplant?
Everyone has to die. What's the big deal? Should alcoholics be forced to quit drinking? They can die from that too, right? Same goes for heroin addicts, right? Are you going to force people to do what YOU believe they should do? Where exactly do you draw the line? If people don't want to buy insurance, what's it to you?

Private sector created those jobs, just thinking up of a job is not creating a job. dip shit
If the private sector wanted to go to the moon, they would have done it on their own.
It was only when the government decided to foot the bill that they hired those employees

The answer to your quandary was in your post. You said "IF the private sector wanted to go to the moon." That's the whole point. The citizens of America didn't want to go to the moon. They certainly didn't want to pay for it.
They wouldn't pay for it without government compelling them to pay for it. That's the bottom line.
Bottom line is Americans overwhelmingly demanded and supported the space program.

So you are making a comparison that since the federal government funded the space program that they should fund health care? The role of the government is to do for the people what they can't do for themselves. The role of the government is NOT to do for the people what they can and should do for themselves.

The people could not develop ICBM's to counter the Russian threat. The people can and should take care of their own medical costs.

Really? When was the space program ever on the ballot?
You really have no concept of our government do you?

Really? When was the space program ever on the ballot?
You really have no concept of our government do you?
I'll take that to mean "never."

So you are making a comparison that since the federal government funded the space program that they should fund health care? The role of the government is to do for the people what they can't do for themselves. The role of the government is NOT to do for the people what they can and should do for themselves.

The people could not develop ICBM's to counter the Russian threat. The people can and should take care of their own medical costs.

The role of government is to do what needs doing as determined by We the People

Wait a minute. Insurance is not health care, it is insurance. Do you have any idea how much money is wasted on paying for something that does not do one thing for improving health care? It is massive.
Bingo! Insurance should be a choice, should never forced on anybody otherwise it's just legalized extortion.

Guess what, the uninsured get run over by cars, fall off cliffs and have heart a attacks, diabetes and AIDS. They go to, or are driven by ambulance, to the ER and receive treatments. They get a bill which they cannot pay and the cost of their treatment goes to the taxpayer.

Getting physical exams is preventative medicine, that you've been told to believe that is not so, and believe it, makes you a fool.
I've been smart enough to save money and stay 100% out of debt. So I don't have to worry about insurance or rather the lack of... :lmao:
see you guys just can't help it, progressive control freaks cannot tolerate anyone disagreeing with them… Fact
I'm impressed.

Can you afford $500,000 in cancer treatments or a million dollar heart transplant?
Everyone has to die. What's the big deal? Should alcoholics be forced to quit drinking? They can die from that too, right? Same goes for heroin addicts, right? Are you going to force people to do what YOU believe they should do? Where exactly do you draw the line? If people don't want to buy insurance, what's it to you?
Conservative healthcare for the masses

Wrong.

No. That would be mob rule. That's why we have a represented government; to prevent mob rule. I am sorry but you cannot drain the treasury just because some citizens don't provide for themselves. Maybe you are confusing a Republic with a Commune. We don't do that here.

I'm impressed.

Do you have something against Medicaid?

I'm impressed.

Should alcoholics be forced to quit drinking? They can die from that too, right? Same goes for heroin addicts, right? Are you going to force people to do what YOU believe they should do? Where exactly do you draw the line? If people don't want to buy insurance, what's it to you?

No. That would be mob rule. That's why we have a represented government; to prevent mob rule. I am sorry but you cannot drain the treasury just because some citizens don't provide for themselves. Maybe you are confusing a Republic with a Commune. We don't do that here.
The treasury belongs to We the People
If we want to spend it on the health of the people instead of the military.....that is our right

In a Republic, We the People elect representatives to do our will. If they fail, we vote them out

If we want to spend it on the health of the people instead of the military.....that is our right

In a Republic, We the People elect representatives to do our will. If they fail, we vote them out
And that's why Congress just went to the Democrats!

I'm impressed.

Should alcoholics be forced to quit drinking? They can die from that too, right? Same goes for heroin addicts, right? Are you going to force people to do what YOU believe they should do? Where exactly do you draw the line? If people don't want to buy insurance, what's it to you?

What it is to me is they show up at Emergency rooms demanding care. We pay

I don't care if they buy it or the taxpayer provides it for all...People need healthcare

I'm impressed.

I don't care if they buy it or the taxpayer provides it for all...People need healthcare
They'll get Health Care when jobs come back; I already pay enough in taxes.

No, it's actually not a right. However, the federal government does have the power to do it, and that's all that matters to boot licking douche bags like you.

I'm impressed.

Oh... so you don't care about them, you only care about you having to pay. I don't think you have to worry too much about that. Just look at what you pay in taxes and then realize how little that would actually go.

Like I said before, insurance is not healthcare. The insurance industry is like a parasite. It doesn't add any value. A much better way is co-ops. Not to mention the whole insurance scam is intentionally designed to drive up prices to create an illusion that we need insurance companies. Please tell me that you are not such a dupe as to not realize the game that is being played.

Again, I think you are still referring to mob rule as your justification that the treasury can be used for anything.

I'm impressed.

Oh... so you don't care about them, you only care about you having to pay. I don't think you have to worry too much about that. Just look at what you pay in taxes and then realize how little that would actually go.

Like I said before, insurance is not healthcare. The insurance industry is like a parasite. It doesn't add any value. A much better way is co-ops. Not to mention the whole insurance scam is intentionally designed to drive up prices to create an illusion that we need insurance companies. Please tell me that you are not such a dupe as to not realize the game that is being played.
I agree

Insurance is nothing but a well paid middleman
Your employer should not be making insurance choices for you

Government is the only realistic option....most modern countries have already figured that out

Forum List

Back