🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Boy Scouts kick out church group

Except that isn't what is happening? Is it? Nope. It isn't.

People aren't thinking? Well, maybe not you...

Discrimination is not a family value and you can't bs your way through that. There is no justification for your hatred.

There is no hatred involved. How is protecting youth and promoting values hating anyone? And why is it so unreasonable to expect those teaching the youth to live the values they promote?

To discriminate is to recognize differences. You might think that thinking is bad, but most people don't.

With the 1st Amendment. Religion is a lifestyle choice.

Who said anything about religion.

Look, I understand if you are offended that some people don't agree with the gay agenda. I can even appreciate the fact that many of us who disagree with said lifestyle are often overly crass and mean when we share our opinion.

I have no problem with your life choices, they don't affect me until you try to redefine institutions based on your lifestyle or you try to indoctrinate young children into believing such a lifestyle is normal.

I will keep it at that. You will never convince me to support gay marriage, gay boy scouts, or any other indoctrinating effort by the gay left. It's not that I am a bigot, a Christian zealot or a pussy...it all comes down to the fact that I believe homosexuality is a choice and the lifestyle gays choose is poor. I don't judge people anyway...you are what you are and I treat every person I encounter with the respect they deserve.

Good luck with your efforts, just don't ask me to support them or shun and label me when I disagree.

Read your post again but reverse Christian for gay and gay for Christian and it comes out exactly the same.

So does that mean you are going to stop blaming Christianity for all of your problems. I am not trying to convince you to be Christian...I am not forcing my values on you...I am simply disagreeing with a lifestyle choice. You may think Christianity makes me think the homosexual lifestyle is poor, but you would be wrong.

Again, why does the gay left attack Christianity to justify their lifestyle choices. It makes absolutely no sense. Its not only the evil Christians who disagree with your lifestyle and are offended by the gay left.

Boy Scouts Kick Out Entire Church For Refusing To Discriminate Against Gay Scoutmaster | ThinkProgress

From the comments -

“We don’t believe the topic of sexual orientation has a role in scouting and it is not discussed unless it is deliberately injected into scouting.”.

If it has no role in scouting, then it shouldn't be a tool used to determine the eligibility of being a Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster.

Geoffrey may be a fine upstanding young man - HOWEVER - The Boy Scouts have a long history of Pedophiles infiltrating their ranks , and multiple cases of their members being molested by Gay Scoutmasters and adult members, that goes back decades. The organization is about the Boys - Not about the rights of Gay Adults to get near the kids- Gay Men, for anyone other than Gay propagandists, who are at all knowledgeable on the topic are the most prolific molesters of Children Humanity has ever bred and I for one commend the Boy Scouts Organization for taking an admirable stand to stop the encroachment.

most pedophiles are heterosexual.

and i'd think there are far more instances of young men being molested by priests.

so what "long history of abuse" are you talking about since homosexuality does not equal pedophilia....

Just a few thoughts on this post:

The vast majority of human beings are heterosexual. A tiny minority of human beings are homosexuals, which takes you to your second point. Those boys molested, were molested by the tiny minority.

That should cause you pause, but it won't. Will it?

People aren't thinking? Well, maybe not you...

Discrimination is not a family value and you can't bs your way through that. There is no justification for your hatred.

There is no hatred involved. How is protecting youth and promoting values hating anyone? And why is it so unreasonable to expect those teaching the youth to live the values they promote?

To discriminate is to recognize differences. You might think that thinking is bad, but most people don't.

See? There it is again.
the treatment of a person or particular group of people differently, in a way that is worse than the way people are usually treated:
discrimination noun (WORSE TREATMENT) - definition in the American English Dictionary - Cambridge Dictionaries Online

The reality is that pedophilia happens in the shadows. It's a secret. When upstanding married guys led Boy Scout troops and snuck into tents at night, which has happened all throughout the history of scouting, or anywhere else children have been supervised by adults, to some degree or another this secret has been harbored.
An out-of-the-closet gay man as a Scoutmaster presents very little threat to the children, because before the shadows can engulf the issue the light is self-imposed and the secret can not survive. He poses no threat to these kids. The profile is too high and the secret impossible to keep, and we aren't talking about the secret of homosexuality, but of pedophilia. The need for secrecy about homosexuality is an era rapidly coming to a close.
He has announced he is gay and thus invited the scrutiny that still invites, in spite of it being no more warranted than the married good-ol'-boys deserved when they were leading the pack and creating the issue of pedophilia in scouting in the first place.

'Zactly! It's also why my son is not allowed to attend any church with his friends! It's just putting my child's safety at risk :eusa_hand:

... catholic priests ...

But, BSA is a private organization and they have the right to discriminate.

Really? So do I.

I agree with both these statements but for some, "family values" do include discrimination. And, they do have that right.

That doesn't mean we should not continue to fight against discrimination though.

See? There it is again.
the treatment of a person or particular group of people differently, in a way that is worse than the way people are usually treated:
discrimination noun (WORSE TREATMENT) - definition in the American English Dictionary - Cambridge Dictionaries Online

How is anyone treated worse by having standards for scout masters?

See? There it is again.

How is anyone treated worse by having standards for scout masters?

Easily.
If one of the standards is a scoutmaster can't simply be a member of a particular group of people that doesn't impact his qualifications as a leader, they are being treated worse than someone who doesn't belong to that group.
If one of the standards was right-handedness, would left-handers be being treated worse?

Don't you lefties understand it? The lives and mental health of American boys is more important than employment opportunities for homosexual men who like to work with young men.

Don't you lefties understand it? The lives and mental health of American boys is more important than employment opportunities for homosexual men who like to work with young men.

What does being homosexual have to do with being a predator of young men?
Most pedophiles are heteros, even the ones that prey on boys.
I think their mental health would be more at stake hanging around with you.

LOL...you are so on the ball. Just to clarify, it is not hate. It is protecting impressionable minds from what I consider to be a poor lifestyle. Okay, a scoutmaster is gay...why does he have to let the world know? Why is it so important for the gay man or women to proclaim their sexual activities?
What is the purpose? Are you trying to tell young men on a camping trip to experiment?

What is the purpose of forcing homosexuality on CHILDREN? WHY? Why is it so important?

LOL...you are so on the ball. Just to clarify, it is not hate. It is protecting impressionable minds from what I consider to be a poor lifestyle. Okay, a scoutmaster is gay...why does he have to let the world know? Why is it so important for the gay man or women to proclaim their sexual activities?
What is the purpose? Are you trying to tell young men on a camping trip to experiment?

What is the purpose of forcing homosexuality on CHILDREN? WHY? Why is it so important?
From where do you get the idea that anyone is forcing homosexuality on anyone?
The problem is you don't approve that the man has no shame about who he is.
That's your own issue. He has no reason to feel shame or live a life hiding in the shadows. He's proud of who he is and that annoys the crap out of you!
Who cares?
Now, if a scout leader is spending time talking about his sex life with kids while camping with them, that is an issue no matter WHAT the gender preference he has. There is no indication that is the case.
Would you prefer he stay in the closet just so you won't KNOW your kid is in the woods with a gay man? That's where we have been in the past.
Should a married scout leader have to take off his wedding band so the boys don't know he is probably having sex with his wife?
I object to the militia lifestyle. Is that reason enough to keep the militia weekend warrior from leading the troop?
No?
Why not?
I want to keep impressionable boys from adopting what I think is a poor lifestyle choice.
Who cares what you think? That isn't enough.

That's your own issue. He has no reason to feel shame or live a life hiding in the shadows.
But what does his sexual preference have to do with anything? Why does he need to proclaim it? Why does he need to strut it?
He's proud of who he is and that annoys the crap out of you!
Not at all...what annoys me is the idea of destroying institutions for the sake of someone's choice. What annoys me is indoctrinating children and trying to re-educate them
Who cares?
I care when you try to interrupt my family values to justify a poor lifestyle.

Now, if a scout leader is spending time talking about his sex life with kids while camping with them, that is an issue no matter WHAT the gender preference he has. There is no indication that is the case.
But when you announce to the world that you are gay, isn't that what you are doing?

Would you prefer he stay in the closet just so you won't KNOW your kid is in the woods with a gay man? That's where we have been in the past.
YEP!
Should a married scout leader have to take off his wedding band so the boys don't know he is probably having sex with his wife?
You mean you want to take down traditional family values because people don't accept homosexuality.
I object to the militia lifestyle. Is that reason enough to keep the militia weekend warrior from leading the troop?
No?
Why not?
YES, if the scout leader is a militia nut, I would keep my son away.

I want to keep impressionable boys from adopting what I think is a poor lifestyle choice.
It is enough when you try to change institutions and FORCE your lifestyle on the rest of the world.

That's your own issue. He has no reason to feel shame or live a life hiding in the shadows.
But what does his sexual preference have to do with anything? Why does he need to proclaim it? Why does he need to strut it?
He's proud of who he is and that annoys the crap out of you!
Not at all...what annoys me is the idea of destroying institutions for the sake of someone's choice. What annoys me is indoctrinating children and trying to re-educate them

I care when you try to interrupt my family values to justify a poor lifestyle.

But when you announce to the world that you are gay, isn't that what you are doing?

YEP!

You mean you want to take down traditional family values because people don't accept homosexuality.
No?
Why not?
YES, if the scout leader is a militia nut, I would keep my son away.

It is enough when you try to change institutions and FORCE your lifestyle on the rest of the world.
No one is forcing anything on you.
They just refuse to be your second class citizen.
There is no indication in anything cited so far that this man makes any kind of a statement about his gender preference in the course of his leadership of the troop.
What is frustrating you is you are becoming a cultural dinosaur. The world is moving on without you. Gays are no longer pariahs and they don't need you to approve of their lifestyle. That isn't relevant to the way they live their lives. That has become your cross to bear.
The most telling part of your reply is when you said you wanted them to be unknown to you and be hidden in the scouts without your knowledge.
"YEP!" you said. It isn't about the kids.
It's about you.

Sure they are. What 3% of Americans are gay yet they are represented in 80% of entertainment. They attack individuals, corporations, religions, and governments on a daily basis...they overturn lawful referendums....and God forbid someone believes in traditional family values, then it is even worst.
How is a gay person a second class citizen, please be specific.
There is no indication in anything cited so far that this man makes any kind of a statement about his gender preference in the course of his leadership of the troop.
Sure, he is saying I am gay, I have sex with men.
What is frustrating you is you are becoming a cultural dinosaur. The world is moving on without you. Gays are no longer pariahs and they don't need you to approve of their lifestyle. That isn't relevant to the way they live their lives. That has become your cross to bear.
Cultural dinosaur. Really? What culture does a gay man bring outside of parading their sexuality on the streets and demanding we accept it.
The most telling part of your reply is when you said you wanted them to be unknown to you and be hidden in the scouts without your knowledge.
It's about you.
I said YEP...it is about the kids. It is about teaching kids the gay lifestyle is wrong. Why are gays so hard up to teach kids their lifestyle is right?

Allowing gay scoutmasters, government recognized marriages and so on is justifying poor behavior. We should not justify poor behavior, no matter whose feelings it hurts.

The scouts have every right to discriminate. If a scoutmaster were openly living in an adulterous relationship, he would be tossed out. An openly gay man is broadcasting the fact that he is a sodomite.

If my son wanted to join the scouts, there is no way in he'll I would allow it if the scout master were gay.

... catholic priests ...

But, BSA is a private organization and they have the right to discriminate.

Really? So do I.

I agree with both these statements but for some, "family values" do include discrimination. And, they do have that right.

That doesn't mean we should not continue to fight against discrimination though.

Hey, you're right. Feel free to hate in your own home with your own family.

How about the Boy Scouts lose tax exempt status for discrimination? State by state.

Sure they are. What 3% of Americans are gay yet they are represented in 80% of entertainment. They attack individuals, corporations, religions, and governments on a daily basis...they overturn lawful referendums....and God forbid someone believes in traditional family values, then it is even worst.
How is a gay person a second class citizen, please be specific.

Sure, he is saying I am gay, I have sex with men.
Cultural dinosaur. Really? What culture does a gay man bring outside of parading their sexuality on the streets and demanding we accept it.
It's about you.
I said YEP...it is about the kids. It is about teaching kids the gay lifestyle is wrong. Why are gays so hard up to teach kids their lifestyle is right?

Allowing gay scoutmasters, government recognized marriages and so on is justifying poor behavior. We should not justify poor behavior, no matter whose feelings it hurts.
80% of entertainment? You don't say?
Where did you drum up THAT figure?
I don't think they have enough seats in state or local government or judgeships to be doing the overturning of anything.

They aren't second class citizens, and that is why they won't let you chase them back into the closet and make them one.

There is 0 indication that this guy is saying anything about his sexuality to the kids. Nowhere.

Being able to "parade their sexuality on the streets"? Does this come up for you a lot? Men are humping all around your town in public, are they?
The culture you are becoming a dinosaur in is American culture. It evolves. It always has. Some are always left behind. Prohibition repealed, the teetotalers were left behind. Women's suffrage, mysoginists were left behind. The Civil Rights Act, the bigots were left behind. We are a country that expands rights historically.
We'll miss you.

You said "YEP!" to them being among your kids but unknown to you. Don't lie about what you said. Your credibility is already in tatters. When you blatantly lie you remove all doubt. They aren't trying to teach anyone their lifestyle is right for anyone else. They are defending the fact that it is definitely right for THEM. No indoctrination is going on. No recruitment. Just no denial.

There is nothing wrong with their behavior. It is the wrong behavior of marginalizing these people that will no longer be tolerated.
And it's driving you crazy.

The scouts have every right to discriminate. If a scoutmaster were openly living in an adulterous relationship, he would be tossed out. An openly gay man is broadcasting the fact that he is a sodomite.

If my son wanted to join the scouts, there is no way in he'll I would allow it if the scout master were gay.

Cool.
You would both be exercising your freedom of choice.
Has your wife ever blown you?
You're a sodomite, too!
Let's all do the Sodomite Rag!

Forum List

Back