🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Boy Scouts kick out church group

No parent should allow their boy to be in contact with a gay Scout Master.

That is just putting your child's safety at risk. .. :eusa_hand:

'Zactly! It's also why my son is not allowed to attend any church with his friends! It's just putting my child's safety at risk :eusa_hand:

'Zactly! It's also why my son is not allowed to attend any church with his friends! It's just putting my child's safety at risk :eusa_hand:

If the Catholic Church followed the edicts of the Boy Scouts then perhaps the gay pedophile priests would have been contained .

Yep, just the gay agenda trying to molest another institution and force their values on impressionable young people. Gays won't be happy until they are able to hold indoctrination classes into the gay lifestyle. If you wanna be gay, be gay, no one really cares...just quit trying to interrupt traditional family values.

When did discrimination become a family value?

People discriminate everyday. There is nothing inherently wrong with discriminating. When I want to eat a healthy breakfast, I discriminate between eating donuts and eating eggs & fruits. To discriminate is merely to notice one thing is different from another. The only way to end discrimination is to cease to be thinking human beings. And while I know some on the left would want that, I don't think a majority of people left or right wants to stop thinking and making choices.

Well, can't have your children becoming honest, decent, hard working, good people, eh? Just too dangerous.

Pe-do-phil-ia
n. recurrent, intense, sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child
--American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual

is different than homosexuality.

It is very, very easy to make the leap that because these youth ministers over there were convicted of child molesting or this church over here had someone convicted or the child molestations that occurred in the Catholic churches indicate that every male in a church is a child molester in hiding.

A pedophile is a pedophile is a pedophile.

It's neither fair nor accurate. The longer that you insist on perpetuating this nonsense the more difficult that you make it for all men. Your sons, your brothers etc.

Well, can't have your children becoming honest, decent, hard working, good people, eh? Just too dangerous.

Or molested.

When did lifestyle choice become protected?

With the 1st Amendment. Religion is a lifestyle choice.

Who said anything about religion? Why is it the gay left always points to religion when someone disagrees with poor lifestyle choices?

Look, I understand if you are offended that some people don't agree with the gay agenda. I can even appreciate the fact that many of us who disagree with said lifestyle are often overly crass and mean when we share our opinion...including myself.

I have no problem with your life choices, they don't affect me until you try to redefine institutions based on your lifestyle or you try to indoctrinate young children into believing such a lifestyle is normal. This is fundamentally wrong on every level.

I will keep it at that. You will never convince me to support gay marriage, gay boy scouts, or any other indoctrinating effort by the gay left. It's not that I am a bigot, a Christian zealot or a pussy...it all comes down to the fact that I believe homosexuality is a choice and the lifestyle gays choose is poor. I don't judge people anyway...you are what you are and I treat every person I encounter with the respect they deserve.

Good luck with your efforts, just don't ask me to support them or shun and label me when I disagree.

Last edited:
Yep, just the gay agenda trying to molest another institution and force their values on impressionable young people. Gays won't be happy until they are able to hold indoctrination classes into the gay lifestyle. If you wanna be gay, be gay, no one really cares...just quit trying to interrupt traditional family values.

People discriminate everyday. There is nothing inherently wrong with discriminating. When I want to eat a healthy breakfast, I discriminate between eating donuts and eating eggs & fruits. To discriminate is merely to notice one thing is different from another. The only way to end discrimination is to cease to be thinking human beings. And while I know some on the left would want that, I don't think a majority of people left or right wants to stop thinking and making choices.

Except that isn't what is happening? Is it? Nope. It isn't.

Which is precisely why they have strict guidelines for Scout Masters. You guys really need to stop providing support against your positions.

It was handled exactly like the church for years and years for several reasons. Any time that you are ready to address those, I will be around.

You want them to ignore their guidelines and then condemn them for not doing something about the problem. You really need to pick one or the other. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Boy Scouts Kick Out Entire Church For Refusing To Discriminate Against Gay Scoutmaster | ThinkProgress

The Boy Scouts of America has revoked the charter for one troop because its sponsoring church refused to discriminate. The troop has stood by its openly gay Scoutmaster in the face of the national organization’s attempt to remove him for being an “avowed homosexual.”

Last year, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) lifted its ban on openly gay youth — but reaffirmed its ban on openly LGBT adults serving as volunteers or professionals in the organization.

Geoff McGrath, an openly gay 49-year-old Eagle Scout, started a Boy Scout troop a few months later, in the Rainier Beach section of Seattle, Washington. The chartering organization, an LGBT-inclusive United Methodist Church, reportedly encouraged McGrath to take the volunteer position, well aware of his record pro-equality activism.

After NBC News contacted the local Boy Scout council about McGrath, it and the national organization moved to reject him. Sharon Moulds, council executive for the Chief Seattle Council, told the network, “It was then that we became aware of his intentions to make a public statement about his orientation and use our program as a means to further a personal agenda.” In a blog post defending last year’s policy change regarding gay youth, she wrote, “This has been a distraction for a long time. It is now time to get back to delivering the programs that our youth have been promised.” But instead, the council alerted the national office, which in turn announced that McGrath would be removed.

With his troop’s support, McGrath refused to step down: “I have not tendered my resignation. Until I am relieved of my duty properly, I stand in my post.” Rainier Beach United Methodist Church Reverend Monica Corsaro told a local TV station that the church is standing by its Scoutmaster. “It’s very disappointing that a policy that is so blatantly discriminatory is being acted out, and so I think it makes us stand more firm and be more clear that Geoffrey is our Scoutmaster and Geoffrey will remain our Scoutmaster… In my humble opinion, I don’t feel like I’ve been communicated to by the Boy Scouts of America, Geoffrey also received an email which I was copied on but I have received no direct communication from the Boy Scouts of America.”

From the comments -

“We don’t believe the topic of sexual orientation has a role in scouting and it is not discussed unless it is deliberately injected into scouting.”.

If it has no role in scouting, then it shouldn't be a tool used to determine the eligibility of being a Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster.

Geoffrey may be a fine upstanding young man - HOWEVER - The Boy Scouts have a long history of Pedophiles infiltrating their ranks , and multiple cases of their members being molested by Gay Scoutmasters and adult members, that goes back decades. The organization is about the Boys - Not about the rights of Gay Adults to get near the kids- Gay Men, for anyone other than Gay propagandists, who are at all knowledgeable on the topic are the most prolific molesters of Children Humanity has ever bred and I for one commend the Boy Scouts Organization for taking an admirable stand to stop the encroachment.

most pedophiles are heterosexual.

and i'd think there are far more instances of young men being molested by priests.

so what "long history of abuse" are you talking about since homosexuality does not equal pedophilia....

People aren't thinking? Well, maybe not you...

Being sexually molested myself as a boy by a neighbor that was watching me while my parents went out. I never let anyone but close family members be alone around my children....When they were in Scouts I attended all events. When they were in sports I constantly observed all times they were participating.
My eldest sons' Taekwondo instructor was sent to prison for sexual molestation...at no time would I ever allow anyone alone with my kids. I even home schooled to keep them close...and under my supervision or my wifes..and I dare say that if anything had ever occurred I would be in prison for murder.

Which is precisely why they have strict guidelines for Scout Masters. You guys really need to stop providing support against your positions.

It was handled exactly like the church for years and years for several reasons. Any time that you are ready to address those, I will be around.

You want them to ignore their guidelines and then condemn them for not doing something about the problem. You really need to pick one or the other. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Nope, I'm not. You have cases where pedophiles would be sent for "treatment" and then brought back.

... catholic priests ...

But, BSA is a private organization and they have the right to discriminate.

People aren't thinking? Well, maybe not you...

Discrimination is not a family value and you can't bs your way through that. There is no justification for your hatred.

When did lifestyle choice become protected?

With the 1st Amendment. Religion is a lifestyle choice.

Who said anything about religion.

Look, I understand if you are offended that some people don't agree with the gay agenda. I can even appreciate the fact that many of us who disagree with said lifestyle are often overly crass and mean when we share our opinion.

I have no problem with your life choices, they don't affect me until you try to redefine institutions based on your lifestyle or you try to indoctrinate young children into believing such a lifestyle is normal.

I will keep it at that. You will never convince me to support gay marriage, gay boy scouts, or any other indoctrinating effort by the gay left. It's not that I am a bigot, a Christian zealot or a pussy...it all comes down to the fact that I believe homosexuality is a choice and the lifestyle gays choose is poor. I don't judge people anyway...you are what you are and I treat every person I encounter with the respect they deserve.

Good luck with your efforts, just don't ask me to support them or shun and label me when I disagree.

Read your post again but reverse Christian for gay and gay for Christian and it comes out exactly the same.

Boy Scouts Kick Out Entire Church For Refusing To Discriminate Against Gay Scoutmaster | ThinkProgress

From the comments -

“We don’t believe the topic of sexual orientation has a role in scouting and it is not discussed unless it is deliberately injected into scouting.”.

If it has no role in scouting, then it shouldn't be a tool used to determine the eligibility of being a Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster.

Geoffrey may be a fine upstanding young man - HOWEVER - The Boy Scouts have a long history of Pedophiles infiltrating their ranks , and multiple cases of their members being molested by Gay Scoutmasters and adult members, that goes back decades. The organization is about the Boys - Not about the rights of Gay Adults to get near the kids- Gay Men, for anyone other than Gay propagandists, who are at all knowledgeable on the topic are the most prolific molesters of Children Humanity has ever bred and I for one commend the Boy Scouts Organization for taking an admirable stand to stop the encroachment.

most pedophiles are heterosexual.

and i'd think there are far more instances of young men being molested by priests.

so what "long history of abuse" are you talking about since homosexuality does not equal pedophilia....

Most scouts are teenagers. There wouldn't be pedophilia involved unless it was in cubscouts.

Forum List

Back