boycott Dish Network

LOL so now you're saying that if I hire a criminal and the police come to my place of business to arrest him and someone else gets injured I'M responsible? LOL you are too stupid for words.

I'm saying that if you knowingly hire a person actively involved in criminal act you are liable for damages caused by that person under your employ. These are known as "consequential damages."

Clear enough, retard?

[
But as a matter of law, no one is going to say "it is reasonable not to hire a bank robber because one of your patrons may get food poisoning" so it becomes irrelevant.

No, but the reasonable man WILL say "hiring a bank robber exposes the company and the public to undue risk;" thus the employment of same is tortuous as it represents a breach of duty to care.

LOL how does having a bank robber in my kitchen expose the public to any undue risk you idiot.

If he robs banks who knows what kind of things he might do to the food.
Morals matter.

LOL this is where the reasonable part comes in Peach. If I hire a bank robber and take reasonable precautions to make sure the food is safe, him being a bank robber is not relevant.

and again there is NO legal requirement for me to even check to see if my employees are criminals. I can do whatever background checks I like, or none at all. It doesn't matter, either way is legal..

And if a employee comes to me and says "I broke a law" I don't have to fire him or her LOL

It opens up the issue of possibly getting sued and most don't want to do that.

It was a 6-0 decision by the Colorado Supreme Court that reaffirms an employers right to keep their workplace free of someone with pot in their system.
Not much room for any subjectivity there.
So you're in favor of employers firing all alcohol drinkers. That'll make about 80% unemployed.
Non sequitur.
It's Latin, so you may have to look it up.
Pot is illegal under federal law.

[
But as a matter of law, no one is going to say "it is reasonable not to hire a bank robber because one of your patrons may get food poisoning" so it becomes irrelevant.

No, but the reasonable man WILL say "hiring a bank robber exposes the company and the public to undue risk;" thus the employment of same is tortuous as it represents a breach of duty to care.

LOL how does having a bank robber in my kitchen expose the public to any undue risk you idiot.

Morals matter.

LOL this is where the reasonable part comes in Peach. If I hire a bank robber and take reasonable precautions to make sure the food is safe, him being a bank robber is not relevant.

and again there is NO legal requirement for me to even check to see if my employees are criminals. I can do whatever background checks I like, or none at all. It doesn't matter, either way is legal..

And if a employee comes to me and says "I broke a law" I don't have to fire him or her LOL

BUT it is NOT illegal, which is what Uncensored said. He flat out stated that it is illegal to hire people who break the law, that isn't true at all.

It was a 6-0 decision by the Colorado Supreme Court that reaffirms an employers right to keep their workplace free of someone with pot in their system.
Not much room for any subjectivity there.
So you're in favor of employers firing all alcohol drinkers. That'll make about 80% unemployed.

If they have alcohol in their system while on their job, and it's a workplace rule to be alcohol free, then yes.

Where I work, you cannot even have a bottle of alcohol in your car if you're on company property.
We have been warned, that if an employee drives to a grocery store on their lunch hour to shop for groceries, if they buy beer for when they get home, they must park on the street or they can be dismissed immediately.

Morals matter.

BUT it is NOT illegal, which is what Uncensored said. He flat out stated that it is illegal to hire people who break the law, that isn't true at all.

Here is a law site about it. :)
So we all now know the laws and rights.
Getting Hired With an Arrest or Conviction Record Nolo.com

Morals matter.

Here is a law site about it. :)
So we all now know the laws and rights.
Getting Hired With an Arrest or Conviction Record Nolo.com

Good link, thanks.

This part was interesting

A recent survey conducted by CareerBuilder revealed that half of the responding companies reported that they had knowingly hired someone with a criminal record.

Now you're just lying.

What I said is; {However, a company cannot knowingly employ a person engaged in criminal acts.}

Which is still wrong

There is NO legal duty to fire an employee who you know is committing crimes. NONE

Dish network fired a quadriplegic that was prescribed Marijuana in Colorado, because they have a zero tolerance policy.

This is like Popeyes firing one of their managers after she was robed at gun point for $400.00, because there are a lot of people boycotting that chicken shit company for being so heartless.

To fire the handicapped for using medical Marijuana, even though he didn't use it while on duty, is just as heartless.

Hopefully Dish Network will lose at least half of it's business. Probably much more in Colorado.

Don't be surprised to see Dish file for bankruptcy.

Quadriplegic fired for medical pot can t get his job back New York Post

If the cannabis was via Rx, legal, etc etc. then it shouldn't be any different than any other prescription medication and not subject to any company's drug policies.

How about instead of screwing the whole company you screw just whatever manager is responsible and throw em out the lobby door?

Is likely a legal recourse if the patient did everything legal. Wrongful termination of some sort.

um dude, did you even read the link? The Colorado Supreme Court ruled against him. They ruled that because marijuana was not legal under FEDERAL law , there was no protection.

Also, the Colorado Constitutional amendment SPECIFICALLY states that employees do NOT have to alter their company policies to accommodate marijuana users.

Even for medical reasons? Doesn't that trump the zero tolerance policy?

Dish network fired a quadriplegic that was prescribed Marijuana in Colorado, because they have a zero tolerance policy.

This is like Popeyes firing one of their managers after she was robed at gun point for $400.00, because there are a lot of people boycotting that chicken shit company for being so heartless.

To fire the handicapped for using medical Marijuana, even though he didn't use it while on duty, is just as heartless.

Hopefully Dish Network will lose at least half of it's business. Probably much more in Colorado.

If the cannabis was via Rx, legal, etc etc. then it shouldn't be any different than any other prescription medication and not subject to any company's drug policies.

How about instead of screwing the whole company you screw just whatever manager is responsible and throw em out the lobby door?

Is likely a legal recourse if the patient did everything legal. Wrongful termination of some sort.

um dude, did you even read the link? The Colorado Supreme Court ruled against him. They ruled that because marijuana was not legal under FEDERAL law , there was no protection.

Also, the Colorado Constitutional amendment SPECIFICALLY states that employees do NOT have to alter their company policies to accommodate marijuana users.

Nope. The Amendment is clear. No employer has to change their policy in any way to accommodate marijuana users. It is not limited to medical marijuana.

...and pot advocates don't have to accommodate (use) Dish network, huh.Can Dish afford to lose half there business on policy?

so boycott them, and I doubt half of their subscribers use anyway.
More than half of the country is for legalization.
Does not equate to more than half the country uses pot.

...and pot advocates don't have to accommodate (use) Dish network, huh.Can Dish afford to lose half there business on policy?

Over 100 million criminals in this country apparently:

Over 100 Million Americans Have Smoked Marijuana -- And It s Still Illegal Alternet

Over 100 Million Americans Have Smoked Marijuana -- And It s Still Illegal Alternet
1 person in 3?
:lol:

According to uncensored, it's illegal to hire those pot heads :rofl:

1 person in 3?
:lol:

I can believe that 1 out of 3 Americans occasionally smokes , or has tried it.

Nope. The Amendment is clear. No employer has to change their policy in any way to accommodate marijuana users. It is not limited to medical marijuana.

I didn't realize it was so strict. Doesn't seem right. Why cant they figure out there are 2 harmful extremes and common sense.
The goal should be common sense.:smile:

I didn't realize it was so strict. Doesn't seem right. Why cant they figure out there are 2 harmful extremes and common sense.
The goal should be common sense.:smile:

What common sense are you talking about ? Common sense is you do NOT have a right to a job. If an employer doesn't want someone who smokes pot working for them, the right is THERE'S.

Forum List

Back