Boycott Israel

RE: Boycot Israel
SUBTOPIC: Acquisition
⁜→ P F Tinmore, Sixties Fan, et al,

Wow, you need to be able to identify what actually happens in the real-world and the idealism on paper.

Jordan did not annex the West Bank. It is illegal to annex occupied territory.
(COMMENT)

Just because you believe there is an international that was violated, does not mean it was universally accepted n that same manner, purpose and intent. When you say that the territory occupied by the Jordanians was actually occupied, what sovereign government hold title to that territory. It could not be any legitimate territory exercising authority over the West Bank. No Arab Palestinian Government existed.

1948. UN Charter.
(COMMENT)

Oh come-on now. If you are trying to make an Article 2 argument, you are going to have trouble. The West Bank was NOT a state. Article 2(4) says in art: "use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations." Article 1 defines the purposes:

◈ "maintain international peace and security" (CHECK the Box)​
◈ "develop friendly relations among nations" (CHECK the Box)​
◈ "self-determination of peoples" (CHECK the Box)​
◈ "achieve international co-operation in solving international problems" (CHECK the Box)​

The Recommendation from the UN was to create an Arab and Jewish State. Well, after the Annexation by the representative of the Arab Palestinian people, the territory was "Arab" and the peoples representatives voted for Annexation. That is called "self-determination by the people."

That was on 1922. Palestine did not become a state until 1924.
(COMMENT)

Sixties Fan is on target. You are trying to use the Treaty of Lausanne argument. And again, Article 30 does not create a state.

A territory defined by internationalist borders and whose residents have citizenship is not terra nullius.
(COMMENT)

You are trying to twist the events as they happened. The residents lost citizenship in August of 1988. The Jordanians withdrew all ties. Up to that point, the West Bank was sovereign territory of Jordan which was Occupied by the Israelis. When, "on July 31 King Hussein announced the severance of all administrative and legal ties with the occupied West Bank" there was no government - least of all an Arab Palestinian Government, able to assume the Rights and Duties of States over the territory.

terra nullius ‘The expression “ terra nullius ” was a legal term of art employed in connection with “occupation” as one of the accepted legal methods of acquiring sovereignty over territory. “Occupation” being legally an original means of peacefully acquiring sovereignty over territory otherwise than by cession or succession, it was a cardinal condition of a valid “occupation” that the territory should be terra nullius— a territory belonging to no-one—at the time of the act alleged to constitute the “occupation” . . .’: Western Sahara Case 1975 I.C.J. Rep. 6 at 39. Cf . Eastern Greenland, Legal Status of, Case ( 1933 ) P.C.I.J., Ser. A/B, No. 53 at 44 and 63. In the words of 1 Oppenheim 687 , ‘The only territory which can be the object of occupation is that which does not already belong to another state, whether it is uninhabited, or inhabited by persons whose community is not considered to be a state; for individuals may live on as territory without forming themselves into a state proper exercising sovereignty over such territory’. See also Clipperton Island Case ( 1931 ) 2 R.I.A.A. 1105 ; Island of Palmas Case ( 1928 ) 2 R.I.A.A. 829 ; Minquiers and Ecrehos Case 1953 I.C.J. Rep. 47 ; Rann of Kutch Case ( 1968 ) 17 R.I.A.A. 1 ; Western Sahara Case 1975 I.C.J. Rep. 12 . And see Crawford , The Creation of States in International Law (2nd ed.), 265–268. The process whereby territory already subject to the sovereignty of another State may be acquired—and by very much the same method as for occupation —is referred to as prescription ( see prescription, acquisitive ).​
I urge you to read the extracted part provided, supra, very carefully. Pay close attention to the part I marked n "red."
SOURCE: Parry & Grant Encyclopaedic Dictionary of International Law / John P. Grant and J. Craig Barker. 3rd ed.
Copyright © ˝ 2009 by Oxford University Press, Inc. Published by Oxford University Press, Inc. 198 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10016 pg 596

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

RE: Boycot Israel
SUBTOPIC: Acquisition
⁜→ P F Tinmore, Hollie, et al,

Oooo, you played the terrorist card.

Good girl. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
(COMMENT)

Did Hollie play the "Terrorist Card" to use your phrase? (RHETORICAL) Or, did Hollie use the cards already on the table by the entirety of the European Union.

ANNEX did 8.2.2021
On 30 July 2020, the Council adopted Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/1128 (2) implementing Article 2(3) of Regulation (EC) No 2580/2001, establishing an updated list of persons, groups and entities to which Regulation (EC) No 2580/2001 applies (‘the list’).
LIST OF PERSONS, GROUPS AND ENTITIES REFERRED TO IN ARTICLE 1

Hamas’, including ‘Hamas-Izz al-Din al-Qassem’.

Clap your hands all you want. It does NOT change the facts. All it does is make you a self-acknowledge supporter of a terrorist organization which provides propaganda in their favor. HAMAS (Islamic Resistance Movement) by any other name is a terrorist organization.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

If is not peaceful, it belongs to somebody else. When has Israel's occupation ever been peaceful?
Hurling the ''occupation'' slogan is meaningless when you can't identify what sovereign pally territory is now, or in the past, has been ''occupied''.

Do you think hurling slogans serves a purpose?

P F Tinmore said:
:)

A "😃" is not a citation from the Treaty of Lausanne inventing your imagined "country of Pal'istan"

This should be a simple matter for you. Maybe something on YouTube?

Forum List

Back