Brain implants to change moods controlled by AI begin human tests

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Scientists have begun human testing on electronic brain implants designed to change peoples moods controlled by computers. Devices plugged into people’s skulls are being developed by boffins funded by the US military’s research division DARPA. These implants will use electronic pulses to alter the chemicals in people’s brains in a process called “deep brain stimulation”.

Brain implants to ‘change moods controlled by AI’ begin Human Tests

-------------------------------------

Like I said in my last post on here DARPA is no dam good.

Scientists have begun human testing on electronic brain implants designed to change peoples moods controlled by computers. Devices plugged into people’s skulls are being developed by boffins funded by the US military’s research division DARPA. These implants will use electronic pulses to alter the chemicals in people’s brains in a process called “deep brain stimulation”.

Brain implants to ‘change moods controlled by AI’ begin Human Tests

-------------------------------------

Like I said in my last post on here DARPA is no dam good.

Does that mean you won't be using your usual implant?
images

One of Michael Crichton's first novels was on this very subject ...

51SW%2BCSzmOL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Spoiler Alert: It did not have a happy ending.

Like all new technologies, much danger and much promise. People like that crazy that shot that church full of people could have their rages controlled, and maybe even lead happy productive lives. On the other hand,it could be used to control those who disagree with those presently in power. Whichever way it goes, you can bet it will be developed.

Forum List

Back