BREAKING: 200+ “Militarized” Federal Police Surround Peaceful Rancher in Nevada

And that is why it is abuse of government power.

The government Changed The Rules via bureaucratic regulatory fiat.

That is not the Rule of Law, it is the Whim of the Bureaucrat, and a hallmark of totalitarianism.

Jesus Christ, I'm seeing a whole lot of contorting to try and make this seem like the Government or whomever is doing something wrong. He kept his stuff on Land that ISN'T HIS, if I park my car on your lawn you can have it towed because IT'S ON YOUR LAND. This is literally no different, except this idiot had 16 years time to comply.

He's dumb, and finally it caught up to him, Cry me a river.

If you park your car where it is not allowed, it gets impounded and towed.

In this case, the Feds confiscated his cattle to sell. That is THEFT.

Leave your car on gov't property for 21 years without paying and see if they don't sell your car to pay the fines and fees.

That is not the Rule of Law, it is the Whim of the Bureaucrat, and a hallmark of totalitarianism.

The Taylor Land Use Act was popularly enacted, and it derived from politicians in Wyoming Utah and Colorado representing the wishes of their constituents.

Last edited:
I would, obviously, not be happy about it. But I would certainy not try to claim that, since I have lived in the house longer than the EPA has been around, I don't have to listen to them.

And that is a bit different than what is happening in Nevada. The rancher does not own the land. It is public land. He stopped paying the grazing fees 21 years ago, and was ordered by a federal judge to remove his cattle from the public lands 16 years ago.

It's not at all different. The land has been ranched by the family for decades. The eco-terrorist regulations being used to drive the rancher out of business were made "after the fact". It's a disgraceful abuse of government power.

This has nothing to do with "Eco-regulations".

This has to do with the fact that Bundy has refused to pay grazing fees for more than 20 years. It's really as simple as that.

B'loney. The rancher's family had used that land without paying fees for decades. The Feds are trying to harass him out of business. It's also eco-terrorism. The Fed's have declared the grazing area a protective habitat for a tortoise.

So Bundy should be able to ignore every law written since his family started ranching in Utah??

That is utterly ridiculous.

I get that you want the gov't to only own land for military bases. But the fact is that is owns more land than that.

This guy accepted paying fees, then got mad when the fees went up. He then defied a judge and refused to pay the fees. Now he loses.

If this rancher were getting food stamps, the same posters supporting him about his desire to use government land for free would want to lynch him.

It's not at all different. The land has been ranched by the family for decades. The eco-terrorist regulations being used to drive the rancher out of business were made "after the fact". It's a disgraceful abuse of government power.

This has to do with the fact that Bundy has refused to pay grazing fees for more than 20 years. It's really as simple as that.

B'loney. The rancher's family had used that land without paying fees for decades. The Feds are trying to harass him out of business. It's also eco-terrorism. The Fed's have declared the grazing area a protective habitat for a tortoise.

1. The rancher's family had been allowed to graze for free on federal land until the Taylor land use act was passed, creating the BLM.

2. No one is "harassing him out of business". He's been actively and admittedly breaking the law for more than 20 years.

3. That area has NOT been declared a "protective habitat" for the tortoise. It's still BLM land, and all of the ranchers that followed the law are still grazing there.

1. The rancher's family had been allowed to graze for free on federal land until the Taylor land use act was passed, creating the BLM.

2. No one is "harassing him out of business". He's been actively and admittedly breaking the law for more than 20 years.

3. That area has NOT been declared a "protective habitat" for the tortoise. It's still BLM land, and all of the ranchers that followed the law are still grazing there.

The family started ranching the area in the 1870s. The feds moved in and interfered with their property rights. You can use whatever apparatchik excuse you'd like, but it doesn't change the fact that it's an abuse of government power and an infringement on states' rights.

Why should the Federal government control so much land? There is no national security interest in this.

Well, the reason the feds moved in was his forefathers wanted a mechanism to keep other free grazers from coming onto the land, shooting them, and grazing their own cattle.

There are some good books on the Johnson County War.

just sayin.

He's the last cattle rancher in that area (Clark Co.) If yer' gonna lick boots, get it right.

If this rancher were getting food stamps, the same posters supporting him about his desire to use government land for free would want to lynch him.

If he had murdered a young innocent girl I'd want to lynch him but would instead push for justice. If he were receiving food stamps because the government took away his means for feeding his family I'd put the guy up on my shoulders and cheer him on. If he were receiving food stamps because he's a lazy bum I'd look down my nose at him.

But we're not talking about any what ifs. We are talking about a tyrannical government raping it's citizens of one freedom at a time for its own sick sadistic pleasure.

Government land my ass. It's our land, the feds need to go back to where they came from.

Jesus Christ, I'm seeing a whole lot of contorting to try and make this seem like the Government or whomever is doing something wrong. He kept his stuff on Land that ISN'T HIS, if I park my car on your lawn you can have it towed because IT'S ON YOUR LAND. This is literally no different, except this idiot had 16 years time to comply.

Actually, if you don't come and pay the fine THEY CAN SELL YOUR CAR.

IF you don't come and pay. That's a lot different than selling the car or destroying it without giving you a chance to do so.

In the case of the rancher, he has a valid dispute that he should even have to pay - and the government is engaging in defacto terrorism against him and his family.

Last edited:

Leave your car on gov't property for 21 years without paying and see if they don't sell your car to pay the fines and fees.

Leave your car on your own property and then see the feds to nationalize your property is a more apt analogy.

Leave your car on your own property and then see the feds to nationalize your property is a more apt analogy.

except that the rancher doesn't own the land ....

His ancestors never got title. He has no ownership right, His family never had one.

However, it does appear that what this may really be about is the BLM has determined the land the old coot and his former neighbors ranch won't support enough cattle to let him stay in biz.

Actually, if you don't come and pay the fine THEY CAN SELL YOUR CAR.

IF you don't come and pay. That's a lot different that selling the car or destroying it without giving you a chance to do so.

In the case of the rancher, he has a valid dispute that he should even have to pay - and the government is engaging in defacto terrorism against him and his family.

His dispute has been extensively adjudicated and he has had since 1993 to get his "car" out of "impound."

These BS analogies are dropping like flies. Do you folks really know what is happening or are you just jumping on the bandwagon with your "Action Alert" talking points?

Nevermind, you don't need to answer that. Your woefully uniformed posts are all the answer I need.

Except the legal battles over this guy's non-payment have been going on for more than a decade

Not really.

There was a hearing 18 years ago - then nothing, until 2013 - right as the crises with cattle came to a boil.

If you really want to hurt the middle class, drive food and energy costs up sharply....

Ahhhhh so he only had 18 years. Wow, what a rush to judgement. So now that your "property rights" argument has been shredded you're now onto the food price gambit?

Pretty weak man.

Forum List

Back