BREAKING: Amazon is kicking Parler off AWS, its web hosting service, which will take them offline until it finds a new host

I see several issues...

Amazon is a private company so it can do what it likes, for one.

Are they and these other tech giants preventing people from setting up new host sites? Everything is so intertwined these days.

Should anyone be forced to host entities calling for/promoting insurgency and political overthrow in the name of free speech? Parler, apparently removed Lin Wood's posts calling for Pence to be executed. Good? Bad? When stuff like that gains enough of a following to push people to act, like we saw this past week, and we have a President openly supporting it...what then?
Funny how they are only doing it to Trump supporters.

There is no purge.

What's going on is that ALL free people and organization are CONDEMNING the atrocious events of Wednesday, January 6th, 2021 at our nation's Capital.

All those weeping and waiting and caterwauling over this are on the WRONG side of history.

Not to mention you WILL be rooted out of decent society.
How will we be rooted out, and by whom? Think hard...

Yep, the purge is real.

They told us to "build our own facebook/twitter" if we didn't' like their rules. So we did, now they changed the goalposts and said "build your own everything."

Next they'll prevent us from using the fiber-optic cables.

View attachment 440604

It’s amazing how the left are totally kissing the asses of Big Tech companies. They can’t enforce their fascism through the government as much as they would like because of that pesky constitution, so instead they are using every big corporation they can find to do it for them.

The left have all become a bunch of Corpo-rats.

Here we go into 1984, where "big brother" controls all information flow. Only "state approved" media is allowed to be broadcast.
FXN is the last bastion of truth, so it has to be silenced. I'm sure a few wealthy US oligarchs will buy it and make it like the other MSM outlets...

Who knew back in 1984 it would be Apple that was the man on the screen.

EXACTLY!! Back in 1984 PCs were seen as free and open to everyone, so no one could control information.
Now in 2024 Apple and the other small clique' of "foreign?" oligarchs can control the US if they buy FXN and add filters to eliminate web sites they don't agree with like Breitbart
Are free speech and a free press history?

Wow. This is heavy. This is fascism. Thanks libs.
Not fascism. Common sense.
How is shutting Parler down not fascism.
Its blatant censorship, while still allowing China, Iran, and the other crazies around the world their anti-American speech?!
Parler is now a national treasure that will be supported by many of the 71m...
You used it to plot insurrection. That's a crime. They should be shut down with prejudice and all their user data should be confiscated.

I see several issues...

Are they and these other tech giants preventing people from setting up new host sites? Everything is so intertwined these days.

Should anyone be forced to host entities calling for/promoting insurgency and political overthrow in the name of free speech? Parler, apparently removed Lin Wood's posts calling for Pence to be executed. Good? Bad? When stuff like that gains enough of a following to push people to act, like we saw this past week, and we have a President openly supporting it...what then?
should people be allowed to keep lying about what parler is doing so you feel better about doing it?

FB and Twitter tell you they can't stop people doing that on their platform, but parler must?

so damn tired of the hypocrisy.

Its blatant censorship, while still allowing China, Iran, and the other crazies around the world their anti-American speech?!
You used it to plot insurrection. That's a crime. They should be shut down with prejudice and all their user data should be confiscated.
What are you waiting for? Go do it!

If Trump had his way Parler and this very board itself wouldn't exists at all. His advocacy of the elimination of liability protection provided by Section 230 for these sites was such that he vetoed the defense bill over the section's non-elimination.
parler is following s230.

the rest? hiding behind it.

learn what it is before tslking about it.

I see several issues...

Not exactly true - overall the social media giants have suspended/banned the accounts of a number of groups over the past few years. Right now, at this moment, it is certain Trump extremists who have openly called for and supported an attempted violent insurgency, and planned it on social media platforms. Should they have been left alone so they can have a re-do with more arms and competency? How is it any different than any other terrorist group?

I see several issues...

should people be allowed to keep lying about what parler is doing so you feel better about doing it?

FB and Twitter tell you they can't stop people doing that on their platform, but parler must?

Only a full fledged war will end it. The sorry bastards won't stop shitting on people.

Wrong, this is a lie.

‘Fascism’ is a political dogma the sole purview of politicians and government in the context of the public sector.

Private entities cannot be ‘fascist’ because they’re not government and lack the authority of government.

This is the act of a private company doing what it believes to be best for business.

Such is the right’s hypocrisy: conservatives are supposed to be advocates of private sector autonomy and doing what’s best for business.

They used it to protest a corrupt government stealing an election......

They told us to "build our own facebook/twitter" if we didn't' like their rules. So we did, now they changed the goalposts and said "build your own everything."
We didn't tell you to use it to plan an insurgency.

There's a helicopter waiting for you.
You gonna keep with the empty threats or are you gonna respond to my post?

You wouldn't take a free ride on a helicopter for all future transportation needs?
Son, because of what I do for a living I actually have access to some choppers.

Do you?

I seriously doubt it.

Now quit with the empty threats.

I see several issues...

Only a full fledged war will end it. The sorry bastards won't stop shitting on people.
"all we want is this one flag taken down."

i knew it was bullshit at the time. every "victory" by the left is taken as validation and they go do it again.

We didn't tell you to use it to plan an insurgency.

There's a helicopter waiting for you.
You gonna keep with the empty threats or are you gonna respond to my post?

You wouldn't take a free ride on a helicopter for all future transportation needs?
Son, because of what I do for a living I actually have access to some choppers.

Do you?

I seriously doubt it.

Now quit with the empty threats.

How long belong you fly your chopper into Trump Tower to signal your communist virtues?

I see several issues...

Not exactly true - overall the social media giants have suspended/banned the accounts of a number of groups over the past few years. Right now, at this moment, it is certain Trump extremists who have openly called for and supported an attempted violent insurgency, and planned it on social media platforms. Should they have been left alone so they can have a re-do with more arms and competency? How is it any different than any other terrorist group?
The left have been openly advocating a violent insurgency all year.

Forum List

Back