Breaking: (Bwa-hahaha) Sean Hannity is the mystery 3rd client of Cohen

So why were they fighting so hard to keep it a secret. And why is Sean claiming they are lying?

Yes, every lawyer needs to make public all their clients on retainer and folks who pay for each consultation at the time of service! You would have loved Soviet Russia! :p

The evidence is that Cohen isn’t really a practicing lawyer. He’s a businessman with a law degree. There’s a difference although I seriously doubt you would know the difference.

The judge asked for his client list as proof he had any right to claim privilege at all.

On his radio show Monday, Hannity said, "I never retained him in the traditional sense" and said he believed his conversations about legal questions were confidential.
"I've known Michael a long, long time. Let me be very clear to the media. Michael never represented me in any matter. I never retained him in the traditional sense as retaining a lawyer. I never received an invoice from Michael. I never paid legal fees to Michael," Hannity said.
"But I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective," he added. "And I assume that those conversations were attorney-client confidential."
Hannity added, "not one of any issue I ever dealt with Michael Cohen on ever, ever involved a matter between me and any third party."
Fox News host Shepard Smith acknowledged Hannity's connection to Cohen on the air Monday.
"We just spoke with his publicist here at Fox News who says that he says they have been friends a long time, he never denied that he was his lawyer, that he did some legal work for him along the way, and that's the extent of that," Smith said.

Michael Cohen's mystery third client is Sean Hannity - CNNPolitics

He never paid money, he was never a client in the "traditional" sense, yet he thinks he's protected via ACP?

Hannity apparently doesn't know how ACP works.

Shoot..................even some sitcoms have made jokes about ACP. I remember one where a woman was friends with a lawyer, and she wanted to tell her a secret, so she gave her friend a dollar, said she was a client, and then invoked ACP for the secret.

And, apparently, some of the posters on here who support Hannity don't understand how ACP works either.

since when have any of the board morons known anything but how whine about Clinton works?

Last edited:
On his radio show Monday, Hannity said, "I never retained him in the traditional sense" and said he believed his conversations about legal questions were confidential.
"I've known Michael a long, long time. Let me be very clear to the media. Michael never represented me in any matter. I never retained him in the traditional sense as retaining a lawyer. I never received an invoice from Michael. I never paid legal fees to Michael," Hannity said.
"But I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective," he added. "And I assume that those conversations were attorney-client confidential."
Hannity added, "not one of any issue I ever dealt with Michael Cohen on ever, ever involved a matter between me and any third party."
Fox News host Shepard Smith acknowledged Hannity's connection to Cohen on the air Monday.
"We just spoke with his publicist here at Fox News who says that he says they have been friends a long time, he never denied that he was his lawyer, that he did some legal work for him along the way, and that's the extent of that," Smith said.

He never paid money, he was never a client in the "traditional" sense, yet he thinks he's protected via ACP?

Shoot..................even some sitcoms have made jokes about ACP. I remember one where a woman was friends with a lawyer, and she wanted to tell her a secret, so she gave her friend a dollar, said she was a client, and then invoked ACP for the secret.

And, apparently, some of the posters on here who support Hannity don't understand how ACP works either.

This is actually incorrect.

Attorney-client privilege is not predicated on a monetary transfer, or a "traditional" client sense.

If you ask a lawyer for legal advice, and he gives you that advice, you are protected under ACP, whether or not you paid him for said advice.

Breaking on CNN now. Cohen petitioned the judge with a filing to keep some names out of the discovery from the documents recovered from the FBI raid. Judge said no. So Cohen had to release Hannity's name.
I bet Trump's shittin' kittens.

View attachment 188404

I'm sure you think this is somehow relevant but really, so what?

So what? Did you miss all the right wingers calling Hannity being the client "fake news?"

So a lawyer isn't supposed to have clients now? Wow! Someone is not smart.

I'm sorry, but you're too slow for me to bother interacting with.

So what?

-Geaux

Breaking on CNN now. Cohen petitioned the judge with a filing to keep some names out of the discovery from the documents recovered from the FBI raid. Judge said no. So Cohen had to release Hannity's name.
I bet Trump's shittin' kittens.

View attachment 188404

I'm sure you think this is somehow relevant but really, so what?

So what? Did you miss all the right wingers calling Hannity being the client "fake news?"

So a lawyer isn't supposed to have clients now? Wow! Someone is not smart.

I'm sorry, but you're too slow for me to bother interacting with.

Again back to no substance while deflecting. We get it. Now keep chasing your tail daily.

Lock him up! Lock him up!
3d59fd37cc69c7599767667a2d2616e5.jpg

You're right!

Where does it say he did anything illegal talking to Michael Cohen? Since he's known him years before Trump ran for president.

When excoriating Mueller for the search of Cohen’s office, Hannity fails to disclose he’s a client. That makes his rants a blatant conflict of interest.

As a note of clarification: Hannity says he’s never retained Cohen nor has he ever received a bill from him. If what Hannity says is true, then none of his communications with Cohen are protected to attorney client privilege. Are you sure this is the sword you want to fall on Sean?

The fixation is really that bad huh? We get it. You hate Hannity. We also get Fake News CNN/MSNBC/ABC/CBS all colluded with the DNC and Crooked H. So you're whole angle here it pretty redundant now.

Having worked in the legal trades for more than 30 years I have all kinds of experience with what constitutes a legal retainer and how attorney/client privilege works, as well as what a conflict of interest is.

You, on the other hand, seem particularly clueless in all regards

Where does it say he did anything illegal talking to Michael Cohen? Since he's known him years before Trump ran for president.

When excoriating Mueller for the search of Cohen’s office, Hannity fails to disclose he’s a client. That makes his rants a blatant conflict of interest.

As a note of clarification: Hannity says he’s never retained Cohen nor has he ever received a bill from him. If what Hannity says is true, then none of his communications with Cohen are protected to attorney client privilege. Are you sure this is the sword you want to fall on Sean?

The fixation is really that bad huh? We get it. You hate Hannity. We also get Fake News CNN/MSNBC/ABC/CBS all colluded with the DNC and Crooked H. So you're whole angle here it pretty redundant now.

Having worked in the legal trades for more than 30 years I have all kinds of experience with what constitutes a legal retainer and how attorney/client privilege works, as well as what a conflict of interest is.

What is the conflict of interest you express? Sounds like you are talking about Mueller

-Geaux

Attorney-client privilege is not predicated on a monetary transfer, or a "traditional" client sense.

If you ask a lawyer for legal advice, and he gives you that advice, you are protected under ACP, whether or not you paid him for said advice.

Wrong. Absolutely wrong. There has to be a retainer, even if it’s a dollar. Unless you are retained and a file is opened, there is no ACP.

I recently asked a divorce lawyer friend for some information about about my own situation since I never worked in family law and avoided it like the plague. My friend gave me the information I asked for but I didn’t retain her and I have no expectation that our discussions were subject to ACP.

What is the conflict of interest you express? Sounds like you are talking about Mueller

-Geaux

This is the new deflect by the mindless Trump haters. They're hoping any hit job sticks. Like what Fake News has been doing... going on 3 years now. Meanwhile, nobody cares if a lawyer had other clients talking about matters.

Wrong. Absolutely wrong. There has to be a retainer, even if it’s a dollar. Unless you are retained and a file is opened, there is no ACP.

Haven't you noticed, thanks to Mueller, ACP has been rendered dead. RIP

-Geaux

I'm definitely not wrong.

By your reasoning, pro bono work would be unprivileged, as would "free" consultations.

I recently asked a divorce lawyer friend for some information about about my own situation since I never worked in family law and avoided it like the plague. My friend gave me the information I asked for but I didn’t retain her and I have no expectation that our discussions were subject to ACP.

(responding to edit)

Your communications regarding your situation with your friend are privileged.

Forum List

Back