Breaking: Charleston SC, white male shoots 8 people at Souths oldest black church

the 1920s was before wwii.

the 1980s were after the civil war and the era of desegregation.

the confederate flag was accepted for generations, upto and past the 1980s as a harmless symbol of southern regional pride.
It has not been accepted by generations. It was never flown or displayed from the end of the war until the forties and fifties when it became a symbol of southern, racist opposition to federal civil rights laws and court decisions. It is they symbol of white supremacists and racists. People have been trying to have it removed from state flags for years and protest its use. You seem dumber than Boss Hogg's deputy.

if that was true then why did the america of 1979 not have a problem with it?

for someone as smart as you, that should be easy to answer.
It is. Most Americans did not watch that idiotic show. Those that did were, like you, too stupid to know the flag is a rascist symbol

Lots of Americans did watch it, it was a huge hit, with a spin off tv show and lots of merchandising.

those that did, accepted the then tradition of accepting the flag as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

those that did not watch it? complained about the plots and simplistic characters, not the inherent racism of the flag or the car "the general lee".

they were not stupid. they respected a culture not their own.

something modern intolerant bigoted libs cannot do.
It was an insipid piece of trash that was watched largely by white trash. And the fact that morons watched a moronic TV show is completely fucking irrelevant to the fact that the flag is a symbol of treason and racism.

it was a huge hit watched by people from all walks of life.

the fact that it's presented the confederate flag as a harmless symbol of southern heritage and that this was accepted by the nation as a whole, without comment, is completely relevant to the fact that the present day hysteria over the flag is a recent invention dating well after the 80s.

let's say a guy gets mad at another driver and shoots him. that's not a hate crime and that murder might get a 20 year sentence. but if the person is a known racist and goes out and kills a black person the circumstances are different. that person should get more years in jail because it's a hate crime.

in this situation it doesn't matter because hate crime or not this guy is going to get life in prison for the death penalty he will never see freedom again. Hate crimes are most important when determining whether the killer should get 20 years or more. do you understand this? Do you understand why we have hate crime laws? Because not all murders are equal
Not all murders are equal? That's just stupid on the face of it. What about assault's? Over 70 Whites were attacked during the "knockout game" and none of the Black perpetrators were prosecuted. Clearly these were racially motivated. But, when a White kid in Katy, Texas did the same to a Black man...Holder Justice Department pursued Civil Rights violation and possible hate crime offense. Therefore this makes "hate crime" laws racist and in my opinion %100 unconstitutional.
What makes hate crime law racist, is the laws attempt to set the interest of one race above the interests of others.

FYI: such is the nature of Relativism.

But this does prove the foolish nature of subjectivism ... And why it can never serve justice.

seems to me "hate crime" ----should not be overused----but it is---generally---a good idea to have such a designation----I do not understand how it turns out to have an effect on penalty.
Please stop with the "Confederate flag is OK because the Duke boys had one" argument

It really makes you look like a moron

bullshit.

it's a historical fact of the flag being accepted by the nation as a whole in recent memory.

this disproves your lib narrative of blacks and/or americans being soooooo offended by it because of something that happened in the past, because this offense was not present as recently as the 80s.

The flag was accepted by the KKK

both the Nazi flag and the Confederate flag
are acceptable in comedies. Clowns can wear them on their asses-------but they should not be displayed over US government buildings. They are offensive to ENOUGH people. Did the VICHY government in france during world war II have a flag?

the flag was not presented that way in the dukes of hazard. it was presented as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

SO? that was a long time ago. How do YOU KNOW no one WAS offended. ---not that it matters. The show itself was a raucous comedy. ----the flag could just
as well be placed on the ass of a clown.
If you are trying to convince me that the DUKES OF HAZARD was all about
"southern regional pride"-----I might vomit.
It was so silly that I was concerned that it offended southerners back then

because i was alive at the time and i not only watched the show but i recall the discussion and reception the show received.

it was widely discussed as the "breakout" of southern culture into the mainstream. there was no discussion of the flag at all.

there was discussion that is was brainless action with nothing but car chases and hot chicks in short shorts, but that is not relevant to this discussion.

no. the show was not about southern pride. i have said nothing to indicate that.

the southern setting and culture was simply flavor, with no message of any type.

Not all murders are equal? That's just stupid on the face of it. What about assault's? Over 70 Whites were attacked during the "knockout game" and none of the Black perpetrators were prosecuted. Clearly these were racially motivated. But, when a White kid in Katy, Texas did the same to a Black man...Holder Justice Department pursued Civil Rights violation and possible hate crime offense. Therefore this makes "hate crime" laws racist and in my opinion %100 unconstitutional.
What makes hate crime law racist, is the laws attempt to set the interest of one race above the interests of others.

But this does prove the foolish nature of subjectivism ... And why it can never serve justice.

seems to me "hate crime" ----should not be overused----but it is---generally---a good idea to have such a designation----I do not understand how it turns out to have an effect on penalty.
bullshit.

it's a historical fact of the flag being accepted by the nation as a whole in recent memory.

this disproves your lib narrative of blacks and/or americans being soooooo offended by it because of something that happened in the past, because this offense was not present as recently as the 80s.

are acceptable in comedies. Clowns can wear them on their asses-------but they should not be displayed over US government buildings. They are offensive to ENOUGH people. Did the VICHY government in france during world war II have a flag?

the flag was not presented that way in the dukes of hazard. it was presented as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

SO? that was a long time ago. How do YOU KNOW no one WAS offended. ---not that it matters. The show itself was a raucous comedy. ----the flag could just

because i was alive at the time and i not only watched the show but i recall the discussion and reception the show received.

it was widely discussed as the "breakout" of southern culture into the mainstream. there was no discussion of the flag at all.

there was discussion that is was brainless action with nothing but car chases and hot chicks in short shorts, but that is not relevant to this discussion.

no. the show was not about southern pride. i have said nothing to indicate that.

the southern setting and culture was simply flavor, with no message of any type.

Great, so have the confederate flag shown on redneck cars in redneck sitcoms, where southerners are ridiculed. No problem.

But do not fly that foreign flag over a state capital.

Just another pharmaceutical drugged murdering idiot...but Obama and other foolish pols claim the problem is guns and millions of Americans are blind to the truth.

The elephant in the room is Big Pharma and yet many can't see the elephant.

What pharmaceuticals was Roof on?
We likely will never know because the media and the powers that be like to keep it a secret. But like the Colorado movie shooter, the creep at Sandy Hook, and so many others this shooter has all the same signs.

Some info here...
Charleston Shooter Was on Drug Linked to Violent Outbursts Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind

Lets hear what Alex Jones has to say on the matter
Bite me LeftNutter.

You won't get the truth about his drug use from the MSM...now will we?

and where do you think you'd get that from.

his problem was not his drug use. it was his racist insanity.

I really don't understand why when someone tells his friend he wants to shoot black people that no one believes him.

bullshit.

really? I just thought it was a dumbass show with a cool car and cute guys

bullshit.

right----just as there would be no discussion
about a Nazi flag if it shows up in raucous
comedy out of germany

Just another pharmaceutical drugged murdering idiot...but Obama and other foolish pols claim the problem is guns and millions of Americans are blind to the truth.

The elephant in the room is Big Pharma and yet many can't see the elephant.

We likely will never know because the media and the powers that be like to keep it a secret. But like the Colorado movie shooter, the creep at Sandy Hook, and so many others this shooter has all the same signs.

Some info here...
Charleston Shooter Was on Drug Linked to Violent Outbursts Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind

Bite me LeftNutter.

I really don't understand why when someone tells his friend he wants to shoot black people that no one believes him.
I do not doubt he is a racist nut job.

However I also think it very likely the drugs he was taking affected his behavior.

There's no doubt Obama and Democrats are in part responsible for this kind of incident. They've created this ugly Race-Baiting incitement climate. They've incited a Race War. They see big profit in dividing the People. I'm sure there will be more sad incidents like this. And the Democrats are ok with that. They'll use them to really go after 'Evil Whitey' and his guns.

But that being said, the Republicans really do need to disown their camo-wearing gun-hoarding, sister-fucking redneck morons. They're hurting their Party at this point. They're an embarrassment. I mean the redneck dumbfuck gave his inbred psycho kid a .45 for a birthday present. Such a typical camo-wearng, sister-fucking redneck Republican thing to do. It's time for the Republican Party to distance itself from the redneck loons. They're really hurting the Pro-2nd Amendment cause.
Your post reveals your schizophrenia.

I'm not affiliated with either Party. I'm no 'Party before Country' stooge. I'm placing blame where it should be placed. I call it like i see it.
And you see it through a racist lense.

Some info here...

Bite me LeftNutter.

However I also think it very likely the drugs he was taking affected his behavior.
Based on what facts? There is no indication he was on any drug. Did you excuse the black guy who killed those two nypd officers because he was an addict?

When President, he allowed his staff to refer to the slain civil rights leader as "Martin Lucifer Coon."
In 1980, Reagan declared his candidacy in Philadelphia, Mississippi, the "community" where three Civil Rights marchers were murdered in cold blood. [the mother of all dog whistles]
Pruneface555.jpg

WhiteHouseRacistMEESE.jpg

There's no doubt Obama and Democrats are in part responsible for this kind of incident. They've created this ugly Race-Baiting incitement climate. They've incited a Race War. They see big profit in dividing the People. I'm sure there will be more sad incidents like this. And the Democrats are ok with that. They'll use them to really go after 'Evil Whitey' and his guns.

But that being said, the Republicans really do need to disown their camo-wearing gun-hoarding, sister-fucking redneck morons. They're hurting their Party at this point. They're an embarrassment. I mean the redneck dumbfuck gave his inbred psycho kid a .45 for a birthday present. Such a typical camo-wearng, sister-fucking redneck Republican thing to do. It's time for the Republican Party to distance itself from the redneck loons. They're really hurting the Pro-2nd Amendment cause.
Your post reveals your schizophrenia.

I'm not affiliated with either Party. I'm no 'Party before Country' stooge. I'm placing blame where it should be placed. I call it like i see it.
And you see it through a racist lense.

How so? Or are you just following the Obama/Democrat lead and engaging in more Race-Baiting incitement?

You ever watch reruns of that shit? The General Lee was a pile of shit, constantly breaking down.

When the suspects background is pieced together the defense will use temporary insanity or insanity defense. I can only assume a trigger event occurred in his life. Friend of his in grade school said he never exhibited racist behavior and had Black friends. Then he moved away. They reconnected after 5 years and the friend noticed a dramatic change in the behavior of the accused. Could have been bullied and I am hearing that he was on prescription drugs. This will be the only defense that can be offered by his legal team but it will not be enough to spare him the needle.

When the suspects background is pieced together the defense will use temporary insanity or insanity defense. I can only assume a trigger event occurred in his life. Friend of his in grade school said he never exhibited racist behavior and had Black friends. Then he moved away. They reconnected after 5 years and the friend noticed a dramatic change in the behavior of the accused. Could have been bullied and I am hearing that he was on prescription drugs. This will be the only defense that can be offered by his legal team but it will not be enough to spare him the needle.

Considering his crime and his new-found fame, I doubt he will live long enough to be a burden on society.

nor should it. This kid deserves the death penalty regardless of why he did it. BUT I maintain that it is vital that we understand WHY these , predominantly, white males are just losing their god damned minds and killing people.

You ever watch reruns of that shit? The General Lee was a pile of shit, constantly breaking down.

reruns? you gotta be kidding

Some info here...

Bite me LeftNutter.

Based on what facts? There is no indication he was on any drug. Did you excuse the black guy who killed those two nypd officers because he was an addict?
Yes there are. You better do your research.

Some info here...

Bite me LeftNutter.

maybe. but there's no evidence of that yet. it also doesn't absolve him particularly where he announced his intentions in advance.

i'm not a big proponent of the death penalty. but i'm pretty sure, particularly now that he's confessed, that the good people of Charleston are going to fry him.

Some info here...

Bite me LeftNutter.

maybe. but there's no evidence of that yet. it also doesn't absolve him particularly where he announced his intentions in advance.

i'm not a big proponent of the death penalty. but i'm pretty sure, particularly now that he's confessed, that the good people of Charleston are going to fry him.

I agree that the drugs don't excuse his behavior.

But that doesn't change the fact that we need to start trying to figure out if the drugs ARE the cause in these cases, and I'm sick of these people who every time you suggest drugs are the cause they start in with the "you're just trying to make excuses for the white kid"

I'm not saying you say that Jill. I'm just responding to your post.

It's no different than saying poverty is what causes black crime to be so high, but that doesn't absolve the poor black of guilt.

Same concept.

Great, so have the confederate flag shown on redneck cars in redneck sitcoms, where southerners are ridiculed. No problem.

But do not fly that foreign flag over a state capital.

they were not ridiculed. they were portrayed positively and sympathetically.

i made that clear for you . please do not be dishonest.

Forum List

Back