Breaking: Charleston SC, white male shoots 8 people at Souths oldest black church

What makes hate crime law racist, is the laws attempt to set the interest of one race above the interests of others.

FYI: such is the nature of Relativism.

But this does prove the foolish nature of subjectivism ... And why it can never serve justice.

seems to me "hate crime" ----should not be overused----but it is---generally---a good idea to have such a designation----I do not understand how it turns out to have an effect on penalty.
The flag was accepted by the KKK

both the Nazi flag and the Confederate flag
are acceptable in comedies. Clowns can wear them on their asses-------but they should not be displayed over US government buildings. They are offensive to ENOUGH people. Did the VICHY government in france during world war II have a flag?

the flag was not presented that way in the dukes of hazard. it was presented as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

SO? that was a long time ago. How do YOU KNOW no one WAS offended. ---not that it matters. The show itself was a raucous comedy. ----the flag could just
as well be placed on the ass of a clown.
If you are trying to convince me that the DUKES OF HAZARD was all about
"southern regional pride"-----I might vomit.
It was so silly that I was concerned that it offended southerners back then

because i was alive at the time and i not only watched the show but i recall the discussion and reception the show received.

it was widely discussed as the "breakout" of southern culture into the mainstream. there was no discussion of the flag at all.

there was discussion that is was brainless action with nothing but car chases and hot chicks in short shorts, but that is not relevant to this discussion.

no. the show was not about southern pride. i have said nothing to indicate that.

the southern setting and culture was simply flavor, with no message of any type.

really? I just thought it was a dumbass show with a cool car and cute guys

nothing in that opinion contradicts anything in my post.

that cool car had a confederate flag painted on it's roof. those cute guys were the ones that painted it on.

When President, he allowed his staff to refer to the slain civil rights leader as "Martin Lucifer Coon."
In 1980, Reagan declared his candidacy in Philadelphia, Mississippi, the "community" where three Civil Rights marchers were murdered in cold blood. [the mother of all dog whistles]
Pruneface555.jpg

WhiteHouseRacistMEESE.jpg

bullshit.

So sad and senseless. but they are with the God they so believed in.
May you RIP

SNIP;
vics-collage-0618.jpg
FACEBOOK/CHARLESTON COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY/THE POST AND COURIER/AP
The nine victims killed in the Mother Emanuel AME Church massacre represented a wide cross-section of the historic South Carolina city of Charleston. From left to right: Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, Cynthia Hurd, Tywanza Sanders and Rev. Clementa Pinckney.
They werenine devout Christiansdrawn by their faith to the historic African-American church for a Bible study class — unaware there was a serpent in their midst.

Their leader was a pastor blessed with a Barry White voice who served both hisCharleston church and the state of South Carolina.

With him at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church were mothers and fellow ministers, a barber and a librarian, a speech therapist and a community development director whose four daughters sang in the church choir.

They were young and old, ranging in age from 26 to 87. And as they studied and debated the scriptures, they did not detect the danger in the thin white man with the bowl haircut, who was sitting quietly on one of the chairs, until it was too late.

ALL of it here:
Victims of Charleston church shooting were diverse group - NY Daily News

When the suspects background is pieced together the defense will use temporary insanity or insanity defense. I can only assume a trigger event occurred in his life. Friend of his in grade school said he never exhibited racist behavior and had Black friends. Then he moved away. They reconnected after 5 years and the friend noticed a dramatic change in the behavior of the accused. Could have been bullied and I am hearing that he was on prescription drugs. This will be the only defense that can be offered by his legal team but it will not be enough to spare him the needle.

nor should it. This kid deserves the death penalty regardless of why he did it. BUT I maintain that it is vital that we understand WHY these , predominantly, white males are just losing their god damned minds and killing people.
I think the liberal media has a lot to do with stoking the flames of racism that then results in violence. White males do commit mass murder more than any other race and Black males commit violent crimes more than any other race. But if liberals want to go there...well then your talking about the possibility of a deeper difference between Whites and Blacks...and then you have racism. It's kinda of a double edged sword huh liberals?

If a black man did this to a white church, would the left call it racism?

Would it make the MSM for more than a day or two?

seems to me "hate crime" ----should not be overused----but it is---generally---a good idea to have such a designation----I do not understand how it turns out to have an effect on penalty.
both the Nazi flag and the Confederate flag
are acceptable in comedies. Clowns can wear them on their asses-------but they should not be displayed over US government buildings. They are offensive to ENOUGH people. Did the VICHY government in france during world war II have a flag?

the flag was not presented that way in the dukes of hazard. it was presented as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

SO? that was a long time ago. How do YOU KNOW no one WAS offended. ---not that it matters. The show itself was a raucous comedy. ----the flag could just

because i was alive at the time and i not only watched the show but i recall the discussion and reception the show received.

it was widely discussed as the "breakout" of southern culture into the mainstream. there was no discussion of the flag at all.

there was discussion that is was brainless action with nothing but car chases and hot chicks in short shorts, but that is not relevant to this discussion.

no. the show was not about southern pride. i have said nothing to indicate that.

the southern setting and culture was simply flavor, with no message of any type.

Great, so have the confederate flag shown on redneck cars in redneck sitcoms, where southerners are ridiculed. No problem.

But do not fly that foreign flag over a state capital.

they were not ridiculed. they were portrayed positively and sympathetically.

i made that clear for you . please do not be dishonest.

Positively? lmao

2 good ol' boys on probation constantly fighting with corrupt, stupid law enforcement is positive?

Great, so have the confederate flag shown on redneck cars in redneck sitcoms, where southerners are ridiculed. No problem.

Positively? lmao

2 good ol' boys on probation constantly fighting with corrupt, stupid law enforcement is positive?

No shit right.

Sure are a lot of people here trying to make DoH something it was not.

It as a sitcom people. Not a statement about southern pride or racism.

Positively? lmao

"one day the Mountain will get them but the law never will"

Lets hear what Alex Jones has to say on the matter
Bite me LeftNutter.

You won't get the truth about his drug use from the MSM...now will we?

and where do you think you'd get that from.

his problem was not his drug use. it was his racist insanity.

I really don't understand why when someone tells his friend he wants to shoot black people that no one believes him.
I do not doubt he is a racist nut job.

However I also think it very likely the drugs he was taking affected his behavior.

maybe. but there's no evidence of that yet. it also doesn't absolve him particularly where he announced his intentions in advance.

i'm not a big proponent of the death penalty. but i'm pretty sure, particularly now that he's confessed, that the good people of Charleston are going to fry him.

I agree that the drugs don't excuse his behavior.

But that doesn't change the fact that we need to start trying to figure out if the drugs ARE the cause in these cases, and I'm sick of these people who every time you suggest drugs are the cause they start in with the "you're just trying to make excuses for the white kid"

I'm not saying you say that Jill. I'm just responding to your post.

It's no different than saying poverty is what causes black crime to be so high, but that doesn't absolve the poor black of guilt.

Same concept.

bigotry was the cause.

drugs may have emboldened him but aren't the precipitating factor. while I understand your issue, your focus is in the wrong place because when he was sober, he told his friend he wanted to shoot black people.

Bite me LeftNutter.

You won't get the truth about his drug use from the MSM...now will we?

I really don't understand why when someone tells his friend he wants to shoot black people that no one believes him.

However I also think it very likely the drugs he was taking affected his behavior.

maybe. but there's no evidence of that yet. it also doesn't absolve him particularly where he announced his intentions in advance.

i'm not a big proponent of the death penalty. but i'm pretty sure, particularly now that he's confessed, that the good people of Charleston are going to fry him.

But that doesn't change the fact that we need to start trying to figure out if the drugs ARE the cause in these cases, and I'm sick of these people who every time you suggest drugs are the cause they start in with the "you're just trying to make excuses for the white kid"

It's no different than saying poverty is what causes black crime to be so high, but that doesn't absolve the poor black of guilt.

Same concept.

bigotry was the cause.

drugs may have emboldened him but aren't the precipitating factor. while I understand your issue, your focus is in the wrong place because when he was sober, he told his friend he wanted to shoot black people.

Was he sober though Jillian?

Or more correctly , was his brain permanently fucked up by whatever drugs he was on?

I don't think drugs embolden these kids, I think they make them go haywire.

There are a LOT of bigots out there who never hurt anyone. So just saying "bigotry is the cause" is a little simplistic.

Same concept.

bigotry was the cause.

Or more correctly , was his brain permanently fucked up by whatever drugs he was on?

There are a LOT of bigots out there who never hurt anyone. So just saying "bigotry is the cause" is a little simplistic.

he wasn't a kid. he was a 21 year old man.

and it isn't drugs. it's the racial hatred that is engrained in some people from birth.

Same concept.

bigotry was the cause.

and it isn't drugs. it's the racial hatred that is engrained in some people from birth.

He's younger than my sons, that makes him a kid to me.
That doesn't mean he was literally a child

And I will argue again that there are a TON of racists out there who never hurt anyone.

Also, what is your reasoning for all the other white morons who have went on mass murder sprees where the victims were not exclusively black, and or no racist statements were made by the perpetrator?

See, you want to focus on this ONE incident , rather than looking at them as a whole.

On the other hand, I think they all sprout from the same reason. Middle class Americans who have a child who has a few issues and the first thing they do is load that child up on drugs , out of sight out of mind , well at least until they start killing people.

Same concept.

bigotry was the cause.

And I will argue again that there are a TON of racists out there who never hurt anyone.

Also, what is your reasoning for all the other white morons who have went on mass murder sprees where the victims were not exclusively black, and or no racist statements were made by the perpetrator?

See, you want to focus on this ONE incident , rather than looking at them as a whole.

On the other hand, I think they all sprout from the same reason. Middle class Americans who have a child who has a few issues and the first thing they do is load that child up on drugs , out of sight out of mind , well at least until they start killing people.

there have always been a ton of racists who don't hurt anyone... well, not openly.

there have also always been a percentage who are screwed up and vicious and violent.... like this young man.... and like the scum before him who blew up the church in the 60's killing four little children; or the freaktard who killed Martin Luther King, Jr. or Medgar Evers.... or all of the nameless hooded poindscum who lynched blacks and burned crosses.

There are some people the rhetoric so inflames that they act out their hatred.

drugs, imo, is the least of it.... the constant drumbeat of hate is the cause.

Same concept.

bigotry was the cause.

sorry folks----"under the influence" is not----as far as I know ------a defense. I have been drunk in my lifetime------but I never killed anyone

Same concept.

bigotry was the cause.

you make an interesting point------and then go off on "all dem drugs"-------the interesting point being -----"why all the mass murders"-------which do seem to
be the work of very young white males----
WTF is going on in the USA? It's like an epidemic

Same concept.

bigotry was the cause.

sorry folks----"under the influence" is not----as far as I know ------a defense. I have been drunk in my lifetime------but I never killed anyone

Same concept.

bigotry was the cause.

you make an interesting point------and then go off on "all dem drugs"-------the interesting point being -----"why all the mass murders"-------which do seem to
be the work of very young white males----
WTF is going on in the USA? It's like an epidemic

Are you illiterate? I've quite clearly stated that the drugs do not excuse him from the consequences of his actions.

Positively? lmao

standard robin hood tale.

yes, positive.

and the flag as harmless.

so, as recently as the 80s, the view of the confederate flag as a harmless symbol of regional pride was the conventional wisdom.

which disproves the lib contention that it can ONLY be seen as a symbol of racism and hatred and whatever.

Forum List

Back