Breaking confirmed active shooter at Texas Walmart 18 ppl shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seeing this reported.....details are not true or accurate yet....but the anti-gunners have jumped in already....

Police Claim Possible Multiple Shooters in El Paso Shopping Area
Idiot liberals don't realize that more guns make us safer.
If only Texas had concealed carry laws – good guys with guns would have prevented this.

Wait…

Never mind.

Thoughts and prayers.

We know one guy had a gun, but he was getting kids to safety......

And we know, from research, the more good guys with guns the more effective they are at stopping these shootings......

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 18.2% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (6.1%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life.

Thus the headline of our report that Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.

In the 2 incidents at which the armed citizen “failed” to stop or slow the active shooter, one is the previously mentioned incident with hunters. The other is an incident in which the CCWer was shot in the back in a Las Vegas Walmart when he failed to identify that there were 2 Active Shooters involved in the attack. He neglected to identify the one that shot him in the back while he was trying to ambush the other perpetrator.

We also decided to look at the breakdown of events that took place in gun free zones and the relative death toll from events in gun free zones vs non-gun-free zones.

Of the 283 incidents in our data pool, we were unable to identify if the event took place in a gun-free zone in a large number (41%) of the events. Most of the events took place at a business, church, home, or other places at which as a rule of law it is not a gun free zone but potentially could have been declared one by the property owner. Without any information in the FBI study or any indication one way or the other from the news reports, we have indicated that event with a question mark.

If you look at all of the Active Shooter events (pie chart on the top) you see that for those which we have the information, almost twice as many took place in gun free zones than not; but realistically the vast majority of those for which we have no information (indicated as ?) are probably NOT gun free zones.

If you isolate just the events at which 8 or more people were killed the data paints a different picture (pie chart on the bottom). In these incidents, 77.8% took place in a gun-free zone suggesting that gun free zones lead to a higher death rate vs active shooter events in general

=====

One of the final metrics we thought was important to consider is the potential tendency for armed citizens to injure or kill innocent people in their attempt to “save the day.” A common point in political discussions is to point out the lack of training of most armed citizens and the decrease in safety inherent in their presence during violent encounters.

As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.
The more guns, the more bad guys get them.

I might be willing to meet Leftists half way on this. Let's say we restrict access to high powered rifles in exchange for this: in cases of mass murders, due process is expedited. Jury is convened within one week, death penalty is meted out within one month.

Who's in?
I would be willing to restrict access to high powered guns but not expedite due process. Justice should not be rushed, to much can go wrong and has, historically. Any other options?

Not in this case. They have him dead to rights. If you want to grab guns under "emergency", then we should also expedite due process and the death penalty under "emergency" as a message to other would be mass murderers. You do this and survive, you will be killed in short order.

The problem is, yes, in this case everything you say. But what about the next...and the next?

I don’t oppose the death penalty out of any supposed sanctity for human life but because it’s application is inherently unjust and erratic, and innocent people do get killed. I agree there are those that absolutely deserve it. I would support life without parole as long as it was exactly that.
The death penalty would see the innocent killed.There are many cases in the UK of terrorists who were jailed and subsequently found to be innocent. They would have been executed under the death penalty.

The UK is that dumb ??

I would be willing to restrict access to high powered guns but not expedite due process. Justice should not be rushed, to much can go wrong and has, historically. Any other options?

Not in this case. They have him dead to rights. If you want to grab guns under "emergency", then we should also expedite due process and the death penalty under "emergency" as a message to other would be mass murderers. You do this and survive, you will be killed in short order.

The problem is, yes, in this case everything you say. But what about the next...and the next?

I don’t oppose the death penalty out of any supposed sanctity for human life but because it’s application is inherently unjust and erratic, and innocent people do get killed. I agree there are those that absolutely deserve it. I would support life without parole as long as it was exactly that.

I am VERY cautious about the death penalty but they nabbed this guy on the scene and have videotape of him. So here again is what I'm saying: make an example of him as preventative if you are also going to grab guns. You can't think about the next right now; you must take every case as it comes.
You have a valid point, except that each case creates precedent. And we aren’t talking about gun grabbing are we? We are talking about resrptricting very specific types of guns, just as machine guns were restricted.

Interestingly, any gun you restrict by law could in fact violate the second amendment. I'm not happy about it, you aren't happy about it. It's the law.
Interestingly, the term gun is not in the 2nd Amendment.

Just seeing this reported.....details are not true or accurate yet....but the anti-gunners have jumped in already....

Police Claim Possible Multiple Shooters in El Paso Shopping Area
Idiot liberals don't realize that more guns make us safer.
If only Texas had concealed carry laws – good guys with guns would have prevented this.

Wait…

Never mind.

Thoughts and prayers.

We know one guy had a gun, but he was getting kids to safety......

And we know, from research, the more good guys with guns the more effective they are at stopping these shootings......

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 18.2% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (6.1%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life.

Thus the headline of our report that Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.

In the 2 incidents at which the armed citizen “failed” to stop or slow the active shooter, one is the previously mentioned incident with hunters. The other is an incident in which the CCWer was shot in the back in a Las Vegas Walmart when he failed to identify that there were 2 Active Shooters involved in the attack. He neglected to identify the one that shot him in the back while he was trying to ambush the other perpetrator.

We also decided to look at the breakdown of events that took place in gun free zones and the relative death toll from events in gun free zones vs non-gun-free zones.

Of the 283 incidents in our data pool, we were unable to identify if the event took place in a gun-free zone in a large number (41%) of the events. Most of the events took place at a business, church, home, or other places at which as a rule of law it is not a gun free zone but potentially could have been declared one by the property owner. Without any information in the FBI study or any indication one way or the other from the news reports, we have indicated that event with a question mark.

If you look at all of the Active Shooter events (pie chart on the top) you see that for those which we have the information, almost twice as many took place in gun free zones than not; but realistically the vast majority of those for which we have no information (indicated as ?) are probably NOT gun free zones.

If you isolate just the events at which 8 or more people were killed the data paints a different picture (pie chart on the bottom). In these incidents, 77.8% took place in a gun-free zone suggesting that gun free zones lead to a higher death rate vs active shooter events in general

=====

One of the final metrics we thought was important to consider is the potential tendency for armed citizens to injure or kill innocent people in their attempt to “save the day.” A common point in political discussions is to point out the lack of training of most armed citizens and the decrease in safety inherent in their presence during violent encounters.

As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.
The more guns, the more bad guys get them.
Restricting the rights of good guy's with guns, don't do anything but allow bad guy's more ways to use their guns against the good guys whose rights have been lost, and whose hands have been tied. It's like getting into the arena at the colloseum with a stick to somehow fight off a lion.

I blame liberals for this too.

I blame them for taking up YEARS....YEARS.....of media coverage on NOTHING but the STUPID "Russia" hoax while we are dealing with a mental health crisis like you wouldn't believe in schools, in hospitals, everywhere. That is REAL news. Not inane DC news that affects NOONE. Real news that tragically has now gotten people killed.

Leftists will scatter like roaches at this post too.
You don’t think Russia interfered with our election?

I'm going to respond to this ONCE, and once only. In insipid ads, yes. To the extent it required fawning, unending media coverage wall to wall for TWO YEARS, absolutely not.

In fact that is shameful and is why no one trusts the MSM anymore
Wait...what are you blaming the press for again?....
If the economy ever tanks you will see what we blame them for. Just watched the Sgt. of the El Paso police. Ahh the old soft shoe. We know nuthinn! We will get the facts at some point. Ineptitude.
If the economy tanks, we will blame the current administration..... rightfully so.

I might be willing to meet Leftists half way on this. Let's say we restrict access to high powered rifles in exchange for this: in cases of mass murders, due process is expedited. Jury is convened within one week, death penalty is meted out within one month.

Who's in?

I am VERY cautious about the death penalty but they nabbed this guy on the scene and have videotape of him. So here again is what I'm saying: make an example of him as preventative if you are also going to grab guns. You can't think about the next right now; you must take every case as it comes.
You have a valid point, except that each case creates precedent. And we aren’t talking about gun grabbing are we? We are talking about resrptricting very specific types of guns, just as machine guns were restricted.
Define what you'd like to restrict?

It's not that easy.

[

Since laws are effective in stopping these things, can't we just outlaw mass shootings? Just make it illegal to go shoot lots of people.

I mean, since laws really restrict those who do evil..
So you think we should have no laws then?

You said that punishing the law abiding and ending civil rights is the way to stop mass shootings. Since you demand that mass shooters will follow those laws, why wouldn't they follow laws not to shoot people?

Or maybe your real target is just to end civil rights.... :dunno:
I think we should end drunk driving by revoking everyone's drivers licenses

Why not just outlaw liquor?????/

Oh, wait....

Just say NO!

Venezuelans Now Regret Giving Up Their Guns – This is What Happens to a Disarmed Populace

by Luis Valdes |Dec 16, 2018 |119 comments

ttps://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/venezuelans-now-regret-giving-up-their-guns-this-is-what-happens-to-a-disarmed-populace/

venezuela.jpg

Did the shooter start at the Walmart, and end at the mall ?? Otherwise is this just a lone Wolf ?? Location's are close enough.

Time for the gloves to come off..... It's absolutely time to quickly convict if the smoking gun is evident, and to hang such people in the public square, and to leave their rotting bodies hanging for one month in that square.

No more of these do gooders feeling sorry for evil human beings like these. It's time for more good citizens to start carrying (CWP), and be the first responders in order to quickly stop this tragic bullcrap.

Keep on listening to the Democrats people, and more and more will be left vulnerable regardless of who the shooters are. Regardless of who a shooter is or what their ideology is, they aren't finding out who anyone is when they are shooting them, so it matters not who the shooters is, just protect yourself, and protect your loved ones by getting better prepared. Sure the law enforcement can sort it out later, but your loved ones are gone.

Capital punishment must be excersized justfully, but swiftly all at the same time.
I just saw an interview of a guy who was there, who was carrying, and he ran. He's in the military. He tried to help some of the kids who were running and had been separated from their parents, but the guy did NOT go shoot the shooter.
This guy? We are questioning him?

Twitter

I blame liberals for this too.

I blame them for taking up YEARS....YEARS.....of media coverage on NOTHING but the STUPID "Russia" hoax while we are dealing with a mental health crisis like you wouldn't believe in schools, in hospitals, everywhere. That is REAL news. Not inane DC news that affects NOONE. Real news that tragically has now gotten people killed.

Leftists will scatter like roaches at this post too.
You don’t think Russia interfered with our election?

I'm going to respond to this ONCE, and once only. In insipid ads, yes. To the extent it required fawning, unending media coverage wall to wall for TWO YEARS, absolutely not.

In fact that is shameful and is why no one trusts the MSM anymore
Wait...what are you blaming the press for again?....
If the economy ever tanks you will see what we blame them for. Just watched the Sgt. of the El Paso police. Ahh the old soft shoe. We know nuthinn! We will get the facts at some point. Ineptitude.
If the economy tanks, we will blame the current administration..... rightfully so.
---------------------------- not me , zhit happens and any halfway smart person should have a stash of cash to tide themselves overin the event of a downturn in money making Bode . 'fecking' money grubbers that think they will continue getting rich Forever are the Real Dummies Bode .

Who's in?

The death penalty would see the innocent killed.There are many cases in the UK of terrorists who were jailed and subsequently found to be innocent. They would have been executed under the death penalty.

The UK is that dumb ??

Which part are you struggling with ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back