BREAKING: Dozens dead in India terrorist attack

You know, I wonder about these American and British and others families, worrying about their kin tonight. Are they safe? Did they get killed? What's going to happen to them? How about those folks being held hostage. I just read through this entire thread, and want to say to some of you:

WTH?

A tragedy has occured where many people were murdered, with who knows what else happening out there.

Let's talk about that maybe?

Lots of crucail information yet to be determined including the perpetrators and if there are hostages or not.

It will sure be nice if we can stay out of it other than diplomatically.

WTF? That's a weird thing for a Bush voter to say. This was a coordinated attack on americans and other westerners. I thought Bush voters were more hawkish.

(This one is already derailing into whether the other one derailed. I suggest removing all off topic posts. Personally, i couldn't face opening the other because it is to big already. )

What I would like to know is why India?? I would have thought India of all place in the region would be stable and secure. What moticvation to hit india?

WTF? That's a weird thing for a Bush voter to say. This was a coordinated attack on americans and other westerners. I thought Bush voters were more hawkish.

I wouldn't have. A segment of the party yes, just as a segment of the dem party are hawkish.

(This one is already derailing into whether the other one derailed. I suggest removing all off topic posts. Personally, i couldn't face opening the other because it is to big already. )

What I would like to know is why India?? I would have thought India of all place in the region would be stable and secure. What moticvation to hit india?

Maybe because of the high number of Western citizens visiting there?

That is true of almost anywhere, I mean maybe, but it seems like a suboptimal assignment as a terrorist.

There have been other attacks similar to this over the past few years. I am not certain if the Deccan Mujahideen is connected to Al Queada or not but there has been a running gun battle between Hindus and Muslims going on. We don't hear much about it from our media for some strange reason.

And so? Americans only deserve protection in the USA? An attack on "them" is meaningless to us?

No, an attack on India, like an attack on the subways of London or the trains of Spain are in one category. Attacks in Iraq etc are in a different category.

this makes sense to me.

btw I think no americans were killed, only westerners.

Last edited:
There have been other attacks similar to this over the past few years. I am not certain if the Deccan Mujahideen is connected to Al Queada or not but there has been a running gun battle between Hindus and Muslims going on. We don't hear much about it from our media for some strange reason.

Is this the cashmir issue?

today's event was directed at westerners, a different thing, no?

I've been listening to all kinds of speculation. India has a long history of terrorist attacks since 9/11. Some speculate India's support for the US is being attacked and attempts are being made to recuit more young terrorists.

Did the "home grown" terrorists in England (the twenty some from a year or so ago, that were caught running an attack on an airport etc) originate in India? I am trying to recal.

of course we do, they are in the bible

The bible today is NOT the word of Christ. The New Testament was been written and re-written and re-interpreted and re-written again it's a complete bastardization of the original teachings of Christ.

For instance, the original meaning of virgin was an un-wed woman who mothered a child. It had nothing to do with never having sex. The whole virgin theory is completely innacurate.

Is this the cashmir issue?

today's event was directed at westerners, a different thing, no?

I think Kashmir is always an issue. This attack apparently was aimed at India AND western interests. Two birds with one stone. Apparently a few terrorists we captured alive. Will they talk ?

Forum List

Back