Breaking! FBI Violated HIPAA Laws: Took Personal Medical Records During Mar-a-Lago Raid

This is not good for Garland and Chris Wray. What the hell do medical records have to do with classified national security documents? Did they take Melania's or Barron's medical records? Did they do it to eventually leak them to the press? Probably! This is severely screwed up.

Well, if your Orange Baboon-God can plead "quantity" (we scooped-up everything and put it into boxes to sort-out later) then so can the DoJ... :auiqs.jpg:

Not to worry... I'm sure that the DoJ will put any-such materials into a "Return to the Orange A$$hole" pile... and that stuff's all in the computers, anyway...

Much ado about absolutely nothing...

HIPPA doesn't apply to this. All it does is prohibit medical professionals from sharing your information. People like doctors, insurance providers, pharmacies, etc.

The FBI can only get into trouble if they don't return the documents, since they don't apply to the search warrant. But they have a long time to do that. In these types of search and seizures, the state has about 90 days to go through the documents and discard any that don't apply or are protected, and return those documents.

HIPPA is a very misunderstood law remember when Marjorie Taylor Greene threatened to have a reporter arrested for violating it for asking if she was vaccinated? Well, that was more her being stupid than the law being misunderstood, so I guess that's a bad example.
There is a huge amount of confusion about what HIPPA means and who it applies to. As so often, government itself fuels this confusion:

Your Rights Under HIPAA

Most of us believe that our medical and other health information is private and should be protected, and we want to know who has this information. The Privacy Rule, a Federal law, gives you rights over your health information and sets rules and limits on who can look at and receive your health information. The Privacy Rule applies to all forms of individuals' protected health information, whether electronic, written, or oral. The Security Rule is a Federal law that requires security for health information in electronic form.

People see that and stop reading right there, thinking that 'hey! My rights "are protected."' But that passive voice is the favorite tool of the statist. Further down the page, the site lists who must follow and who is not required to follow these laws:

Who Is Not Required to Follow These Laws

Many organizations that have health information about you do not have to follow these laws.

Examples of organizations that do not have to follow the Privacy and Security Rules include:

• Life insurers
  • Employers
  • Workers compensation carriers
  • Most schools and school districts
  • Many state agencies like child protective service agencies
  • Most law enforcement agencies
  • Many municipal offices

Yet the very next sentence assures us that out privacy "is protected."

The government made a lot of noise about protecting our privacy when they passed HIPPA, but it is only protected from release by health care providers, and insurance companies primarily. I fear them invading my privacy a lot less than I fear the government doing it.

So, yes. Those over-paid panty sniffers at the FBI will never be prosecuted for anything, even if they sell Melania's underwear to the National Enquirer or leak Barron's love poems about a teacher he has a crush on.

Every minute they hang onto items they clearly have no right to, they are committing theft. Every minute they wait to be forced to return the stolen property increases the likelihood of a leak, which is the obvious intention.

HIPPA applies to healthcare providers, insurance companies, and claims processors. It does not apply to the FBI. It is the most broadly misunderstood law out there.

It applies to people's rights regarding medical privacy. Regardless of who it is that violates or attempts to violate that privacy.

This is not good for Garland and Chris Wray. What the hell do medical records have to do with classified national security documents? Did they take Melania's or Barron's medical records? Did they do it to eventually leak them to the press? Probably! This is severely screwed up.

It all depends on how all the documents were put together. The FBI has already said the stuff that isn't part of the investigation has been given back, unlike Trump who was asked to give stuff back and didn't.

No one can fault the FBI here. Except MAGA nuts of course.

I never realized that search warrants and due process were fascist.

I won't ignorantly misuse the word “fascist”, as so many stupid people do, but there is certainly something seriously wrong with the lawless abuses that we are now seeing of the processes of law enforcement for political purposes.

I never realized that search warrants and due process were fascist.
Really?

You don't think that the search warrant provision of the constitution can ever be abused, so that any law enforcement agency who manages to get a search warrant is then absolved of any wrongdoing connected with that warrant?

Were you born after the hearings about the DOJ/FBI abuse of the FISA warrant process?

Really?

You don't think that the search warrant provision of the constitution can ever be abused, so that any law enforcement agency who manages to get a search warrant is then absolved of any wrongdoing connected with that warrant?

Were you born after the hearings about the DOJ/FBI abuse of the FISA warrant process?
Given the fact that the national archives had been trying to get the documents back for well over a year at that point, I don't consider to be an abuse for them to go to the DOJ and ask them to intervene. Trump was the one refusing to give back the documents, and even let his attorney lie under oath in the form of a sworn affidavit that he had already returned all of them. The DOJ wasn't even involved until the national archives came to them and asked them to get a warrant to get the documents back.

I won't ignorantly misuse the word “fascist”, as so many stupid people do, but there is certainly something seriously wrong with the lawless abuses that we are now seeing of the processes of law enforcement for political purposes.
The purpose was to retreive stolen documents that belonged to the office of the President, which were supposed to have been given to the national archives. Trump didn't have the legal right to take them. And some of them dealth heavily with national defense and our nuclear capabilities, which makes what Trump did a felony under the Atomic Energy Act.

Given the fact that the national archives had been trying to get the documents back for well over a year at that point, I don't consider to be an abuse for them to go to the DOJ and ask them to intervene. Trump was the one refusing to give back the documents, and even let his attorney lie under oath in the form of a sworn affidavit that he had already returned all of them.
All that has been discussed endlessly. Your dodging the question of whether the warrant process can be and in fact has been abused by the same people still going after Trump.
The DOJ wasn't even involved until the national archives came to them and asked them to get a warrant to get the documents back.
Involved?

The DOJ has been running Operation Get Trump for 7 years now after seamlessly moving the same personnel from Operation Protect Hillary.

You want me to believe the DOJ didnt have Trump on their radar until a librarian called them about some overdue material?

It applies to people's rights regarding medical privacy. Regardless of who it is that violates or attempts to violate that privacy.
And yet flopps linked a source directly above your post that says your statement is false.

Forum List

Back